Status: Hiatus for Editing

The Morpher's Plague

003

When I woke up, it was snowing outside. Demitrious was waiting patiently for my eyes to adjust to the new scenery. I slowly rose from his lap. He slid out of the car and held his hand out for me. I didn't understand at first, but it came back to me, this is where we will be hiding for a while, I don't know how I could have forgotten.

I stepped out of the car and looked around. Snow covered pine trees surrounded the small, red cottage. It had a few steps leading up to it's door. I couldn't really believe how much snow there was, it covered the roof, and the railings, it was everywhere. I followed the others into the cottage, it wasn't much.

The walls and floors were of a dark cherry wood, the furniture was beautiful, a little dusty. The living room was a little small, it fit all of us though. There was a small kitchen and four doors. I hoped that one of them was a bathroom. I took a seat next to Demitrious on the low couch. Arrow and Eli were sitting with us. Mona and Lydia were nowhere to be found.

"Where did the other girls run off to?" I asked looking around for them.

"Bathroom," Kovu growled, he was waiting by a closed door, jumping around a little. A smile spread across my lips. "It's not funny," he told me, he began to bang on the door.

"How are these sleeping arrangements going to work?" Eli asked, he raised his eyebrows suggestively.

"The three girls get the biggest room," Arrow decided. I didn't like that idea, being with two other girls? They didn't seem too bad, I just didn't want to share a room with them, or my feelings. They seemed like the slumber party type.

"And then two boys to a room?" Demitrious guessed. He was pretty calm about the whole thing, I wanted to run.

"Hurry up!" Kovu growled.

"We're done!" Lydia said, she bounced out of the bathroom, Mona followed her. She seemed to be watching Kovu, who did the same. I couldn't help but feel awkward.

"Did I hear that we get the biggest room?" Mona asked. Her eyes were now lit up, she had so much energy, that must be why she turned into an arctic hare.

"Yeah," I told her. I then turned back to Arrow, "are there even beds?" he got up to check. He came back nodding. I didn't see why he checked, I mean, he was the one who got us this place.

"Great! Come on Sundai, let's go choose our beds and giggle like school girls!" Lydia said, she grabbed my hand and pulling me up. I was surprised to have been included so fast, we were strangers last night.

"OK," I said as she pulled me along.

Mona was already in the room, bouncing on a bed. These girls had way too much energy. Lydia shut the door and sat on a bed that was in the middle of the room. So my bed was in the corner on the left, by a window.

"Alright, so which one do you think is the cutest?" Mona asked. My cheeks reddened as I thought about Demitrious. I looked around the room. It was plain, no color, just plain walls with plaid bed spreads.

"I like Kovu and Eli," Mona announced happily. I smiled at her, though it felt weird for someone to just come out and say stuff like this. It seemed that she was in denial, we weren't running away to her, we were camping or something.

"Kovu and Demitrious," Lydian said laying back on her bed. I didn't say anything, which made them come to stare at me, I squirmed under their gaze.

"Come on Sundai, we are going to be living together, and to get along we must decide," Mona said with a smile, "besides, we have to become friends."

"Best friends," Lydia added. I sighed.

"Demitrious," they smiled and I felt my cheeks get hotter. I looked away from them and laid on the bed.

"How long do you think we are going to have to stay here?" Mona asked. I knew she wasn't speaking to me, for her voice was low, almost a whisper.

"Months, years, who knows?" Lydia seemed calmer out of the two. "Don't think of it as hiding, remember?"

"Yes, I remember, we are camping, and we are going to be having fun," Mona yawned after that, I heard the bed squeak as she laid her head down.

"Yes, fun," Lydia said before getting up. She walked out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe :]