Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Turn For The Worst

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 010

Turn For The Worst

English went by very quickly, mostly because of the fact that I wasn’t paying attention to anything that Mrs. Colt was saying. I was just in my own mind, letting my imagination take me away. When the bell rang, I walked out of the room like a robot, heading to physics with the devil teacher. Ugh, I did not feel like dealing with her this morning.

Sitting down at the lab bench, Mikey was glancing over at me with a worried look in his eyes.

“Why are you staring at me like that?” I asked.

“I’m waiting for you to hit me, or something violent of the sort.”

I rolled my eyes and turned to him. “I told you, you were forgiven for that, as long as you never speak of it again. If you tell anyone-“

“Ms. Moore, would you please turn towards the front so I can teach? This class doesn’t fall under your whim.”

My anger came up instantly, but I just sighed loudly and turned towards the board where she was located. We had a glare off for a minute before she finally turned away to teach the class. Ha, I won.

In just a few minutes, the entire board was filled with the notes she had written, explaining the chapter we were about to delve into, and I was bored out of my mind.

With my cheek resting upon my hand, I whispered to Mikey, “This is so stupid, no one gives a damn.”

“I’m sick of your outbursts Moore, this is your last warning,” said the devil woman.

“What are you even talking about? I’ve never said a damn word in your class!”

Oh, back sass probably wasn’t the best idea…

“That’s an after school detention. Keep talking and you’ll earn yourself suspension.”

I bit my lip to keep myself from blurting anything else out and was grateful when the bell rang, ending the class.

“See you later Mikey,” I hissed, stomping out towards my economics class room.

I continued my childish stomp all the way into the class and slammed my books down on my desk. I looked up and saw that everyone in the class room was staring at me like a freak. Blushing, I sat in my seat, trying to be as small as possible.

“Envy, is there something wrong? You seem upset,” I heard from above. When I glanced up, I saw Drake’s kind and worried face.

“I’m fine Drake.”

“You don’t look fine. Please tell me what’s wrong dear.”

This guy barely knew me and he was worried about me, not that I needed worrying over, I was just in an immature mood.

“Ms. Den just gave me a detention for no reason and it made me a little upset,” I said.

“That’s it,” he questioned, sitting down in his desk next to mine.

“Well… the guy I liked said I didn’t really mean anything to him, and that kind of hurt.”

“How could someone not like you Envy? You’re sweet, smart, and beautiful.”

With another blush, this one deeper, I focused on the teacher intently as he began his lecture.

All through the class, I kept staring at Drake. Sometimes he would catch me and I would turn away quickly. I wasn’t very good at this whole ‘inconspicuous’ thing.

“Hey Drake,” I voiced as he packed his things up.

“Hm?”

“Thank for, uh, making me feel better.” After thanking him, I kissed his cheek and walked off. Thank goodness he was still sitting down or I never would have been able to reach him.

~~~~~

“This sub sucks. Why are all substitutes old, fat men?”

I had been listening to what the teacher had to say, but after Taylor said that, I looked over at her with a blank look.

“What? It’s totally true."

“Not all of them.”

“Yeah, excuse me; they can be old, fat women too.”

I snickered at her comment and stretched in my chair. The “old, fat man” that Taylor had been talking about was as the front of the room, writing things on the white board that had nothing to do with this class. I think he was lecturing about Greek architecture.

His talk was interrupted when the classroom phone rang. He waddled over to the phone and answered it. The whole class started talking loudly and I watched as the sub struggled to hear the person on the other end of the phone. He nodded his head and pushed a button and put the phone back in the cradle. Then, Mr. Smith’s voice rang out.

“Brat’s, shut up and listen to me!”

The girls instantly shut their traps and paid close attention to what their attractive teacher had to say.

“I’ll be there in ten minutes. Work on your harmonies or you’ll get a lunch detention!”

And then he was gone.

Everyone sat there for a minute, completely put to silence. Then they all snapped out of their trance and instantly started on the harmonies. When I stayed silent, Taylor gave me a strange look.

“Did you not hear what Smith said?”

“He probably won’t make it in time anyway. There’s only seven minutes left in class. I’m just going to sit here and relax.”

I started to do just that. Taking out my CD player, I popped in a Queen CD and turned it up loud. The first song that came up was “Find Me Somebody To Love”. At first, I only hummed along with the word. Feeling completely relaxed, I closed my eyes and began to sing softly to the lyrics. Unknown to me, my voice continued to get louder until I was belting it out like a pro.

“I’ve just gotta get out of the prison cell
One day I’m gonna be free Lord
Somebody, oh somebody
Can anybody find me somebody to love?!”

I would have continued, but the earphones were ripped out of my ears, the music ceasing instantly.

“Hey, what the- Hey Mr. Smith…” Once I said his name, the bell rang. No one left, though, they all wanted to see what was going to happen to me.

The beautiful man gave me one of those evilly sweet smiles. “Your voice is beautiful Envy. Unfortunately, I didn’t ask you to sing. Lunch detention, today.”

“Yes sir,” I said with a sigh as he walked away. Everyone then left, with me dragging my feet behind them all.

“This is great…”
♠ ♠ ♠
_Comment_