Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

I'm Gay

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 011

I'm Gay

“Hello? Mr. Smith?”

I looked around my empty Chorus room, wondering where the teacher that gave me this detention was hiding. Knowing him, he’d probably forgotten he’d given it and went to go enjoy his lunch with the other staff members.

“Figures, he barely shows up to school, why would he show up to a detention?”

I dropped my backpack on the ground, the thud echoing throughout the dead empty room. If I really thought about it, this place was kind of creepy when no one was here.

I started turning around in slow circles, one way to entertain myself as I waited for my teacher to emerge from his hiding. When I completed a full 360 turn, something white on the black surface of the piano caught my attention. Walking over, I saw it was a piece of sheet music, full of notes and lyrics to go along with it. I spread them out and looked over it briefly.

“Victoriam Speramus…?”

Quickly getting familiar with the key it was in, and all of the pitches, I set myself to try and sing it.

When all the lights go down
And when the final curtain falls
When there is nothing left to say

Eternity eventually will linger
Through abandoned halls
And leave us dark in disarray

The time has come for us
To almost serve the new day
Go down on bended knees and pray:

Victoriam speramus
Cantate-


“Actually, my dear, that’s not how you pronounce ‘Cantate’ at all.”

Whipping around, I saw Mr. Smith leaning against his office door, arms folded across his chest. He had a lazy smile plastered to his face and I blushed deeply. He had caught me singing twice today, what kind of idiot am I?

“Sorry, I only speak English,” I mumbled, hastily putting the music back in the correct order and stacking them perfectly.

“No need to be sorry Envy, although that was the first time you saw that music, you didn’t do too badly.”

“Thanks,” I said turning around but not looking at the man, still embarrassed.

He pushed himself off the wall and walked towards me, standing five feet or so away from me. “You really do have the talent of a voice Envy, unlike some of the students in this class. If I could, probably half the class would be gone.”

“Why?” I asked, finally looking at him.

“Because all they do is gawk at me.”

A large smile spread across my face before I burst out into laughter. “Taylor said that you handled yourself well with them all, and I’d have to agree. How can you do it?”

“I’ve just programmed myself to be nice to everyone.”

“I’m sure if it was any other teacher, they probably would have gone down the road of sin, if you know what I mean. Some of these girls here are gorgeous enough to be models, how do you control yourself?”

It was Mr. Smith’s turn to laugh, and I looked at him with a cocked eyebrow. Maybe he hadn’t been so pure with the girls? But I couldn’t see him-

“That’s easy, I’m gay.”

~~~~~

“No way! That is totally impossible. A man that beautiful is not allowed to be gay. It’s physically impossible!”

“It kind of explains some things, you know?”

“This is an outrage,” Roxy said with a pout, totally put out. I patted her shoulder comfortingly.

“He told me not to let it spread, so keep it between us, okay?” I said, passing the white ball to Taylor as we waited for our opponents, which just happened to be some of the boys.

“So many girls would be devastated.”

“Why would girls be devastated?” Quinn questioned as he passed us to take his place on the other side of the volleyball net. He was followed by Bert and Jepha. The other males of our group sat on the sidelines, talking quietly to one another, which was quite strange.

“None ya, boy,” Roxy voiced, catching the ball that Taylor threw at her, getting in her position.

“Are you guys ready for this?”

“Bring it little girls, you have nothing on us! We’ll beat you 100 to 0!”

In the end, though, we ended up beating the boys 7 to 3. They yelled and shouted about how we had “cheated”, but they were just sore losers.

The three of them dejectedly walked over to the wall where their male friends were sitting. “It’s your guys’ turn, don’t get your asses kicked or we’ll have no dignity left.”

Mikey, Dan, and Frank got up from their sitting positions and went to stand on the other side of the white net. It was my turn to serve the ball when I looked up and saw Frank happily laughing to something that Dan had said, not even paying attention to the game we were playing.

Still kind of angry at him, I threw the ball into the air and hit it hard over the net.

“Ow, shit! Envy, what the hell, I think you might have broke my nose.”

Woops, I accidentally hit him in the face. Eh, he would live.

~~~~~

“Are you sure you’re going to be able to survive the devil woman?” Roxy asked me as she packed away all of her things in her locker. I gave her a small smile and nodded my head.

“I think I’ll live. But if I don’t come to school tomorrow, well, you’ll know what happened to me.”

“I’ll send out a SWAT team to find your remains so that we can have a proper burial.”

I laughed at her joke, gave her a hug, then waved her goodbye. I sighed when I was all alone, then turned around to make my way towards my Physics class. The halls in the high school had cleared quickly, and I could clearly hear my footsteps against the tile.

All too soon, I was standing inside my science class and looked around. When I saw who was at the board, my eyes widened.

“Drake? W-what are you doing here?”

The tall male turned around when he heard my voice, then let a smile come to his face when he saw it was me. “Hello Envy. I’m here to help out Ms. Den.”

I put a hand to my heart dramatically. “Good, for a second there, I actually thought you got a detention.”

“Not in a million years.”

“Ah, Ms. Moore, it’s nice to see that you arrived on time.”

“Of course Ms. Den.”

~~~~~

“I’ve never seen that woman smile before, ever! How did you manage to get one out of her?”

“I don’t know, we just have a good student teacher bond.”

“I wish that she was that nice to me,” I pouted as Drake and I walked out of the empty school together.

“Maybe now that she knows that you are my friend, she’ll be nicer to you.”

“That would be awesome, but it’s highly improbable.”

When it came time that we both went our separate ways, Drake turned to me with a smile still on his face. “What?” I asked him.

“I’m just wondering how anyone could ever not want to be with you. A great mystery.”

He then took my left hand and brought it to his lips, although he had to bend some since he was so much taller than me. “See you tomorrow Envy.”

I was left standing there, mouth agape, as the taller boy walked away from me.

His kiss, although not on the lips, had come as a greater shock than the one that Frank had planted on me.

Wow, was I confused now or what.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the SUPER long wait guys. But, uh, tada? :D

_Comment_