Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

I Can Sing!

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 018

I Can Sing!

“Envy, Envy! We’re going to the beach!” Bert exclaimed, grabbing my hands and bouncing up and down. I just stared at him.

“Yes we are Bert. Please let me go now.”

After another minute or two of the spaz continuing his bouncing around, he did let me go. I shook my head at him and started walking to the van. “Come on everyone, last one to the car has to sit on Quinn’s lap!”

“I’ll be sure to be extra slow then,” Jepha purred, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

“Don’t even think about it!”

Everyone laughed and at different paces, we all started running to the car. Not like they could get into it without me, seeing as I had the keys. As soon as I was about to start my jog towards the car, I felt a hand on my arm. Turning around, I saw it was Frank.

“What’s up?” I asked, facing him directly.

“I just wanted to tell you that you got me back good,” he said with a smirk plastered on his face.

“Um, what?”

“When you kissed me at the hospital? That was total payback for that time you dropped me off, wasn’t it? I mean, quoted me and everything.”

A pain shot through my heart, but I smirked through it and laughed. “Duh, you didn’t think you were going to get off clean did you? Please.”

Frank laughed. “I should have known. Come on, everyone’s probably waiting at the van.”

And without another word he passed by me. I could only stand there for a minute, biting my lip to stop myself from getting too emotional. Drake had been completely right. I had myself invested in someone who had no romantic feelings for me what so ever. I let out a shaky breath before straightening myself up, turning around, and running towards the group waiting at the van.

“Dude, what took you so long?” Dan huffed, his arms crossed.

“Sorry, couldn’t find my keys.”

I unlocked the driver’s door then pressed the button to unlock everything else. Everyone was quickly settled in, with Mikey sitting on Quinn’s lap to save him from Jepha. After, we were off towards Ray’s house, where Gerard, Ray himself, and Bob would be waiting.

~~~~~

“The sun feels amazing,” Taylor sighed in content as she threw herself on her large towel. She had her black bikini on to give her skin the ultimate exposure to the sun.

“If you don’t put sun block on you’re going to fry like an egg,” Roxy said to her, rubbing the lotion onto her arms.

“I live the dangerous life,” Taylor replied, staying in her place.

“Hey Rox, will you get my back?” I asked her, turning around and tying my hair into a bun at the top of my head.

“Sure.”

“That is damn hot! Now, they just need to wrestle in pudding or something and I will be set for life,” Jepha said, smirking over at us. We just rolled our eyes and soon Roxy was finished.

“Could you get my back?” she asked in return.

“Oh god Gerard! Your paleness is killing my eyes!” Mikey said from a little ways away and a wicked smile played across my face.

“Hey Gerard! Come over here, Roxy needs some help putting on her sun screen!”

It took everything I had in me not to burst into laughter at the horrified look on the shorter girls face. I could tell she was regretting wearing the bikini instead of a one piece.

“Sure,” he said nonchalantly, walking over. I waved goodbye to my friend, mouthing to her ‘have fun’, before walking calmly towards the water.

Or, I would have if I hadn’t been thrown over someone's shoulder. I let out a short scream that was cut off as the mystery attacker threw the two of us into the water. When I resurfaced, I looked around to see who it had been and glared at the smiling man.

“Ray, do you want me to mess up that pretty face of yours?” I hissed at him, wiping some water from my eyes.

“I was just speeding up your slow process towards the water,” he said, all grins.

I gave him another glare that was interrupted as someone came splashing through the water towards us then pounced on Ray. It turned out to be Mikey.

“That’s what you get!” I laughed, watching as Ray spit out sea water from his mouth. His afro had lost its bounce and sort of clung to his face.

“This water’s freezing!” Quinn said as he hesitantly trudged into the water, squealing every now and then when the water got too cold for his liking.

“Quit being a sissy and get in the water,” Frank yelled, pushing him so he fell face first into the water.

“Why can’t we all just get along?” Taylor asked as she swam up to me.

I shrugged my shoulders to her questions. “They’re boys, what can you expect from them?”

“I’m going to kill you,” Roxy whispered, wadding up to Taylor and I. I gave her an innocent smile.

“Whatever for? You know you liked the feeling of his hands rubbing that lotion into your skin,” I said in a seductive voice, causing her to blush and Taylor to laugh.

“Shut up.”

“Come on Roxy,” the blonde said, throwing her arm around her shorter friend, “How are you ever going to get out of the friends zone if you don’t do something daring!”

“I’m not one to-“

“Splash war!” Bert yelled out, pounding his fists in the water near us and getting the three of us soaked.

“Ow! My eyes weren’t closed you ass!" Taylor shouted, rubbing at her eyes and chasing after Bert with her eyes closed and fist swinging.

“Watch it! Blinded teen throwing punches!” I yelled, warning the rest of the guys. We all watched in amusement as the girl finally caught up to Bert and started pounding on him.

Just as she was about to deliver her final blow, one below the belt mind you, a shadow engulfed us all, causing the large group to look towards the sky.

“Are you kidding me?! Only just a second ago it was perfectly sunny out!” Bob yelled out.

“Maybe it’ll pass through without bringing any rain,” Mikey said but was proved wrong when the thunder rang through the beach.

“Everyone grab your crap and head for cover!” Dan yelled, running towards the shore.

“So much for the beach,” I sighed, following Dan’s lead.

Soon enough, everyone was out of the water and packing up all their stuff. The girls were helping me put everything in my bag when the rain instantly soaked us. There was no drizzle to start off the storm, just a down pour of rain.

“Ah, everyone to the patio over there!”

~~~~~

“So much for the beach idea, huh?” I asked as all of us walked towards our cars. In the end, the rain continued until just around ten minutes ago. It was now 6:42 and there was no point in staying any longer, seeing as we couldn’t tan or swim.

“Well, we had some fun right?”

“Listening to Bert scream out lyrics to some song I don’t even know does not count as fun,” Mikey sighed, loading his stuff into the back of my van.

“Hey! I can sing good! I was just messing around.”

“Prove it,” Roxy said, crossing her arms across her chest, giving the boy an incredulous look.

Bert placed a finger on his chin, thinking of a song to sing before he snapped his fingers and stood straight.

“I'm doing this tonight
You're probably gonna start a fight
I know this can't be right
Hey baby come on.”

“Are you kidding me?!” Taylor got out through her laughs. Everyone started to laugh at his choice of song, but Bert stuck through with a smile on his face and continued to sing.

“I loved you endlessly
And you weren't there for me
So now it's time to leave and make it alone

I know that I can't take no more
It ain't no lie
I wanna see you out that door
Baby bye bye bye!”

“Stop, stop!” Quinn screamed, holding onto his stomach. He was mirroring almost everyone around him.

“My stomach hurts so much,” I breathed, trying to subside my giggles.

“That was a bad song choice,” Gerard said after we had all caught our breath.

“But it sounded good. You should go join Nsync.”

“Nah, they’re too manly for me.”

And that put us back into another fit of laughter.
♠ ♠ ♠
_Comment_