Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

At Least It's Not Zeel

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

At Least It's Not Zeel

"How many spaces are there for solo parts?" I asked Taylor when we stepped into the chorus room, which was filled with the many students who were auditioning.

"I think it was, like, six?"

"A lot of dreams are going to get crushed today." There were probably around forty people squeezed into this room, either talking or practicing. All together, it sounded like a riot.

As if by a miracle, Taylor and I found a place to sit on the floor away from everyone else. Although it wasn't very quiet, as we had wanted, it was better than being in the middle of the crowd. I leaned against the wall while my friend sat in front of me.

"Which one are you hoping to get?" she asked me, twirling a piece of her curly locks around her finer.

"I don't really care which one, and it won't be the death of me if I don't get one, but it would be nice you know?"

"Yeah, a solo would be really cool, especially since we're seniors and all. This is our last year and this is one of our last chances to be recognized."

"Wow, way to bring down the mood," I laughed.

She just shrugged. "It's true."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the door to Mr. Smith's office open and the tall man step out. Without even commanding it, the whole room went silent.

"Alison Baker," he called. The small Freshman wiggled her way through the crowd and followed her teacher into his office, the door shutting behind her. The instant it did, everyone started their conversations again.

"This is going to be a long wait."

"You're telling me," I sighed, "My last name is Moore."

"At least it's not Zeel. I feel sorry for her," the blond announced, pointing at the brunette who was talking to one of her friends by the computer.

"Very true."

~~~~~

About an hour or so later, the room had finally emptied slightly, with only a handful of people left. I let out a yawn before resting my cheek against my hand once again. I was waiting for Taylor, who had just been called inside. It had been five minutes already and I was wondering when she would be out.

As if on cue, she walked out with Mr. Smith. She smiled at me and winked. The man called another student, Ralf Lansin, and the girl made her way towards me.

"That was totally easy and I think I got one."

"Even after all the auditions, you're confident that you secured a spot?"

"Well," she said, "Mr. Smith and I talked, and he complained about how some of them were horrible. I really don't see why he doesn't kick them out."

"Isn't that just a little harsh?"

"I don't care, just get-"

I gave her a look when she didn't finish her sentence. "What?"

"Frankie's here."

I turned around to look the direction she was. There he stood, the small boy with the questionable hairdo. But he wasn't alone.

"Ugh, and he's with Alice," I grumbled through my teeth. I put on a smile when the two of them walked up to us.

"What are you guys doing here?" Taylor asked politely, trying not to glare daggers into the annoying blond.

"I'm here to pick up some music," Frank answered nonchalantly, keeping his eyes on Taylor, "Mr. Smith asked me to do the guitar solo in the song you guys are performing."

"Huh, guess we're going all out huh?" I added.

"Envy Moore."

Turning my head, I saw Mr. Smith waiting for me. When his eyes landed on Frank, he motioned him forward. "You come along too. I have the music for you."

So the three of us, although Alice seemed to be the uninvited party, marched into the office. The black haired man was digging through one of his drawers, searching for the thing that Frank needed.

"Here it is," he said, taking out a couple sheets of paper, "Can you learn this by the time of the concert?"

"Sure," Frankie said, "It shouldn't be a problem."

"Have a good day then," Smith said, dismissing them and turning to me.

"I hope you don't blow your chances of getting a part," Alice said snootily before the door closed. I glared at the spot that she had been. What a nice way to wish someone good luck.

"Ready?"

"Of course."

~~~~~

"I swear, this girl is so frustrating," I hissed into the phone. After I got home from the auditions, which I actually did do good in, I walked home, went to my room and dialed Roxy. I told her of my run in with Alice and Frank.

"Don't let that girl get to you," Roxy soothed, "it's a part of her nature to be, well... that way."

I had to smile at the way my friend put it. "I guess. I just don't know what Frank sees in her."

"Boys like him only see good looks. They don't really care about personality, just the physical benefits."

"Speaking of boys," I said, "has anything between Gerard and you developed?"

By her silence I could take that as a yes, and it was my turn to squeal into the phone. "Spill, what's been going on?"

"I mean, it's only been a day since the beach incident, but after we were all home he called me. And then later today he called me. We're supposed to be going out on Wednesday."

"On a date?!" I questioned excitedly.

"It's not a date, we're just going to see a movie together."

"Oh my gosh!" I gushed, "You and him together in a dark movie theater... I can just imagine it now!"

"You don't know if anything is going to happen," she voiced and I could just see her blushing.

"I'll make sure that something happens."

"And how is that? Are you going to come with us?"

"No, insist that you guys see Heightened Energy."

"Why?"

"I've seen commercials for it. It's an action movie, which he'll love, and I've heard that it's got a pretty kick ass sex scene. That will totally get his hormones running!"

"Envy!"

I laughed through the rest of our conversation.
♠ ♠ ♠
For you Roxy and Gerard fans, here is some fluffage ;D

_Comment_