Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Somebody To Love

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 022

Somebody To Love

"My heart is about jump out of my chest I'm so nervous," Taylor breathed, putting a hand over her chest.

"Calm down Tay, it's not that big of a deal."

"We have solos, don't say it's not a big deal!"

"Meow," I said, clawing the air. That caused the girl to laugh and loosen up a little. I smiled and placed my hand on her shoulder.

"Don't worry about it. We'll do fabulous."

She sighed and nodded her head. "I know we will, we're the best of the best. But the fact that we haven't seen it all come together is what unnerves me."

"What do you mean?" I questioned, putting on the silky black robe that all of us were supposed to wear. Taylor started to do the same.

"Well, we have all this music and such coming in. A piano and a guitar. Usually it's just us singing, so Mr. Smith can make sure everything is perfect. We're perfect, but what if the musicians aren't used to us singing along and everything goes horribly?"

"Well," I started, "you have to think about the actual people that are doing the music. Mr. Cell is the piano teacher, so we don't have to worry about him. Frankie is the guitarist, and we know he's good."

Taylor sneered and rolled her eyes. "I don't even want to hear Frank's name."

I tried to continue the conversation but Taylor just said she wanted to practice. I sighed and made my way to the bathroom to apply my makeup.

Yeah, I was mad at Frank too, but that didn't mean he still wasn't my friend. The day that he had gotten the music from Mr. Smith was the last time I had talked to the boy. He no longer sat with us at lunch, preferring to go with Alice and her friends. The group could only watch from the sidelines as we started to lose our friend to the dark side.

Even in the last period of the day, he switched with some kid named Ron from another team and no longer played with us.

Taylor had confronted him after a couple of days of this and he just shrugged it off, telling her to "leave him the hell alone." The girl almost killed him on the spot.

It only took me a few minutes to finish my makeup and I was on my way back to the room when I saw a very tall someone walking to the same destination.

"Drake, what are you doing back here?"

Once he heard my voice, he turned around to give me a smile that lit up the hallway. He walked over to me and leaned down to kiss my cheek.

"I wanted to wish you good luck."

I laughed lightly. "You wished me good luck after school."

"There's no such thing as too much luck."

I shook my head and kissed him quickly before I started shooing him away. "Go, the show is about to start. I'll meet you after and then we can continue with the open house."

The boy was reluctant to leave, but he finally did and I made my way to the room where the whole class was waiting. I walked over to Taylor, who gave me a smile.

"Ready?"

"Ready."

~~~~~

"Hey, you know what I said about being ready?" I whispered to Taylor, who was standing right next to me. She nodded her head as she watched Mr. Cell and Frank set up real quick.

"I think I lied."

She nudged me and gave me a look. "And you were the one talking me out of being nervous. Come on, you know you can do this."

"Ladies and gentlemen, our last piece of the night. Somebody To Love, performed by the Belleville High School Chorus."

I bit my lip, waiting for the nerves to cause me to freak out. I was quite sure that I couldn't do this. But once the music actually started, I was really calm. And I was ready.

Tamara, the girl to the right of me, was the one who started off the song.

[[[A/N: Whenever something is in italics, it means the chorus of the song is singing along with the soloist]]]

"Can anybody find me somebody to love?
Each morning I get up, I die a little
Can't barely stand on my feet
(Take a look at yourself) I take a look in the mirror (In the mirror) and cry (And cry)
Lord what you're doing to me? (Yeah, yeah)
I have spent all my years in believing you (Ooh, believing you)But I just can't get no relief, lord
Somebody, (Somebody), oh somebody (Somebody)
Can anybody find me somebody to love?"

I took in a big lungful of air, no longer nervous, and prepared for my solo. The faces of my friends and father encouraged me to smile as I sang.

"I work (She works hard) every day of my life
I work 'till I ache my bones
At the end (At the end of the day)
I take home (Goes home) my hard earned pay all on my own
(Goes home on her own)
I get down (Down) on my knees (Knees) and I start to pray (Praise the lord)
'Till the tears run down from my eyes, lord (Ooh, lord)
Somebody (Somebody), ooh somebody (Please)
Can anybody find me somebody to love?"

I stopped singing, feeling high on some natural energy. It was now Taylor's turn.

"(She works hard) Everyday (Everyday)
And I try and I try and I try
But everybody wants to put me down (Ooooh)
They say I'm goin' crazy (Oooooh)
They say I got a lot of water in my brain (Ahhhh)
I got no common sense
I got nobody left to believe (She's got nobody left to believe)
(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)."

And almost like everyone else in the audience, I turned to stare at Frankie when his solo began. He was right when he said he was good at what he did, and Mr. Smith picked the right person to do the guitar solo. His fingers fit so well against the strings, and when I looked at his face, he was concentrated but peaceful at the same time. Tamara, Taylor, and I all regained ourselves before we started to sing together.

(Ooh lord)
Oh Somebody, ooh (Somebody)
Anybody find me somebody to love?
(Anybody find me someone to love? )

And like a circle, it was once again Tamara's turn to sing.

"Got no feel, I got no rhythm
I just keep losing my beat (You just keep losing and losing)
I'm ok, I'm alright (She's alright, she's alright)
I ain't gonna face no defeat (Yeah, yeah)
I just gotta get out of this prison cell
Someday I'm gonna be free, lord (One day I'm gonna be free, lord)."

And once again it was my time to shine. Mr. Smith said he had given me this part because of how high my voice could go. I hoped to god it didn't crack.

"(Find me somebody to love)
(Find me somebody to love)
(Find me somebody to love) Oooooooh
(Find me somebody to love)
(Find me somebody to love) Find me, find me, find me
(Find me somebody to love)
(Find me somebody to love)
(Find me somebody to love)
(Find me somebody to love) Somebody, somebody, somebody
(Find me somebody to love)
(Find me somebody to love)
(Somebody, somebody, somebody, somebody)
(Somebody find me, somebody find me somebody to love)
Can anybody find me somebody to love?"

I once again joined the chorus as Taylor beautifully finished the song.

"(Find me somebody to love)
Ooh
(Find me somebody to love)
Find me somebody, somebody (find me somebody to love) somebody, somebody to love
(Find me somebody to love)
Find me, find me, find me, find me, find me
Ooh- somebody to love
(Find me somebody to love)
Ooh
(Find me somebody to love)
Find me, find me, find me somebody to love
(Find me somebody to love)
Anybody, anywhere, anybody find me somebody to love love love!
Find me, find me, find me love."

The audience stood up and clapped as if their lives depended on it, whistling and cheering us on. There were smiles plastered on everyone's face. I turned around and gave Frank a thumbs up before bowing to the crowd with the rest of the singers.
♠ ♠ ♠
OH MY GOODNESS.

You guys are lucky to have this chapter at all. Had to make sure the song was perfect, and while I was writing it, nothing wanted to save or highlight right an and even as I type right now, the computer is slower than me and I'm watching what I typed fifteen seconds ago.

_Comment_