Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Gobble Gobble

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 025

Gobble Gobble

"You know what I hate about Fridays?"

"Since when is there anything wrong with Fridays?"

"This is when you're supposed to say 'No Bert, what do you hate about Fridays?', not to question damn it!"

I giggled into my hand, watching the conversation between Bert and Jepha. "What do you hate about Fridays Bert?" I said. He looked over at me, giving me a thank you glance.

"Well, if you really want to know, it's that-"

"Hey Envy, will you go to Ms. Den's with me? I'm supposed to pick something up from her room, but that chick scares me," Quinn asked, coming up to me.

"Fine! I'll just keep my mouth shut for the rest of my life!" Bert exclaimed, making the motion of zipping his lips and turning away from us. I shook my head and looked back over to Quinn.

"Yeah, I'll go with you, and I understand your fear."

"She's not that bad," Drake said, rolling his eyes at the two of us. I grinned, kissing his cheek before standing up to join my friend.

"We'll be back soon."

"What a nice Friday," Quinn said, taking in a deep breath of air.

"Bert was just complaining about it, you know, before you interrupted him."

Quinn laughed. "So that's why he was all pouty?"

"Yes, but he's always like that."

"Very true. And he's probably already talking about something else, even though he said he was going to be quiet."

I chuckled, knowing perfectly well that it was true. I was just about to ask my friend what he needed from the mean Physics teacher, but he let out a groan before I could. I gave him a confused look.

"We have to pass these stupid jocks along the way. They're always making fun of me and stuff, I just wish I could punch them or something."

"But then you would get suspended from school."

"Yeah, I know."

"Well, look who it is, Q!" I heard in front of us. Looking up, I saw Todd, the boy that I had met a couple days before. He didn't seem to notice me, just the teen beside me.

Quinn just ignored them and moved on, taking my arm to make sure I stayed with him. I bit my lip nervously when I saw that Todd and his little group of three followed us.

"Why are you shunning us little Q! We just wanna talk!"

"Leave me alone jerks."

The other boys jogged forward ahead of us, blocking off our path. "Now, is that any way to talk to your friends?" he asked, glaring at Quinn.

"No, it's the way you talk to idiots, which is what you are," he said, going to go around them. The one on the end had a smirk on his face, and I saw his foot stick out. There wasn't enough time to warn Quinn before he tripped and fell, landing on his shoulder. Through the jocks laughter, I could hear something crack and the pained moans of Quinn, who was in a ball on the floor.

"Quinn!" I shouted, going to his side and helping him up. His left hand was squeezed tightly against this right arm. The boy took in pained breaths. "I think I might have broken my arm."

"Wow, look at this dramatic sissy! Causing a scene to get some attention. What a queer."

Anger flared through me, causing me to stand up and face Todd. "Who the hell do you think you are? Your friend over here just seriously hurt him!"

Todd seemed to see me for the first time, and the kindness that he showed me before was gone. He just sneered at me. "What ever, chick. Back off." He went to walk off and pushed me, sending me into one of the lockers.

My head hit one of the lockers and I swear I saw stars. I shook off the pain for a minute, and my right hand formed into a fist. I walked after him, tapping his broad shoulder. He turned around to see who it was.

"Don't you whatever me!" I yelled, and that's when I threw a punch to his nose. I walked away to his screaming, shaking my hand out of pain as I walked to my friend. I helped him off the floor and kept his injured arm close to my side, that way no one could bump into him in the halls.

"Oh, and Todd," I said over my shoulder, catching the eye of the boy, "You shouldn't tell anyone that you got your ass beat by a girl, I don't think you'd be Mr. Popular anymore."

~~~~~

"Is he going to be alright?" I asked the nurse, following her as she went to get some ice for Quinn's arm.

"I believe that he's got himself either a broken or fractured arm. He'll have to be in a sling for a while, but I'm sure he'll be fine."

She packed the ice into a bag and wrapped it in some paper towels. She handed it to me and said that she had some other people to take care of. Nodding my head, I went over to my friend, who was sitting on one of the futon like beds.

"How are you feeling?" I asked, handing Quinn the ice. He smiled at me, pressing the bag against his wounded arm.

"I'll be fine, worse things than this have happened to me before. I think you might need this ice more than me," he voiced, pointing at my slightly swollen hand that was starting to bruise.

I waved his concerns away. "Please Quinn, you have a possibly broken arm. Stop being such a man."

"But I'm all man, I can't just stop."

"Don't make me hit you in your injured arm."

~~~~~

"Wow, poor Quinn," Roxy said to me as we walked to my house together.

"I know, he totally didn't deserve getting his arm broken. Those guys are such asses."

"And you kicked that guy's butt! I was heading off to my sixth period class and I got a glimpse of him. Man V, you should have seen his face. It was swollen and bleeding and bruised. So gory, but it was pretty damn awesome that you did that to him."

I grinned over at her, then looked down at my hand, all of my knuckles were purple and blackish, but as of yet, it still didn't hurt that much. "Too bad he had such a hard head, ended up hurting myself in the process."

"But wasn't it worth it?"

"Totally."

"I think the guys were more surprised at the fact that you punched someone in the face than Quinn's arm being broken. I mean, did you see their faces?"

I laughed and nodded my head. "Yes, it was priceless. I think I earned a little respect."

"Okay, enough talk about non-girly things. We need to talk about our double date tomorrow."

"Why do we need to talk about it? We're just going to dinner and a movie."

"We have to pick out things to wear my dear! Well, really something for you to wear. I have my perfect outfit right here," the small girl said, holding up a bulging plastic bag.

"You do have a knack for making me look good," I answered, unlocking my front door and inviting Roxy inside.

"No, you already look good, I just emphasize your beauty," she said dramatically.

"But no one can out do you Roxy, you are absolutely gorgeous." I saw her blush and laughed.

"Ha! Who's embarrassed now?"

"Shut your trap and fix me and sandwich woman!" she demanded after throwing her backpack and supplies on the floor.

I sighed, but went to the kitchen to oblige to what she asked. "Ham or turkey?"

"Gobble gobble!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Omgoodness, I love Firefox. Since my computer has been messed up, I've been forced to actually write inside the Mibba chapter box, where there is no save button. So, I'm halfway done with the chapter, then the computer freezes. I was like "No, no, NO!" when it exited out. But when I opened up Firefox again, everything was still there and I was happy :D

Poor Quinny! D: But it had to happen.

_Comment_