Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Date Night

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 026

Date Night

"Envy wake up."

I moaned, batting the small hand that was shaking me. Even without opening my eyes, I knew it was way too early for me to be getting up on a Saturday. I heard Roxy huff and get out of bed and open the bathroom door. She turned on the sink and I went back into a state of half slumber.

I lay there for what seemed like five to seven more minutes, about to go back into a nice sleep. Once again, I heard Roxy moving around, but I didn't pay much mind to it. That is, until she threw cold water onto my head, causing me to bolt out of my bed.

"Hey, what the hell Rox?!" I was now dripping wet, and my bed was soaked.

"You wouldn't get up," she said innocently, pulling a brush through her dark hair.

"You could have pulled me out of bed, not thrown water on me!"

"Eh, I like the way I did it better." Then she just left the room, heading down stairs.

I glared at her retreating back then sighed, making my way towards the bathroom. I ran a hand through my soaked hair, then just decided to take a shower. I washed my hair and body, shaved away all unsightly hair, and just made sure everything was good. I did have a date today.

Once I was clean and clothed, I descended the stairs to find Roxy and my father sitting in the living room watching morning cartoon. I stood over the unsuspecting girl and rung my still wet hair over her.

"Hey!"

"Pay back," I said with a smirk.

She gave me a playful glare before patting the spot next to her. I sat next to her, resting my head on top of hers as we both watched the television. A minute or so later, I heard Dad laughing, which caused my eyes to go to him.

"What?"

"You two are so strange."

"Coming from an old man who still watches cartoons."

He stuck his tongue out at us and we laughed. He got up, stretching a moment then heading towards the stairs. "I'll be working late today, so I won't be leaving until after you guys are gone for your double date," he said, exaggerating when he said 'double date'.

"Your dad is so weird," Roxy giggled while I smiled.

"I know, but he's my dad and I love him."

"So," she voiced, and I could hear her changing the subject already, "What are you going to wear?"

"I don't know, some jeans and-"

"Oh heck to the no!" she interrupted. I rose my brow at her.

"This is special V, it's going to be a nice date. You need to wear a dress."

"But, I don't really have any dresses, and the ones I do have are for formal occasions."

Roxy sighed, running a hand through her hair. "We'll just have to figure something out then. Come on."

"Where are we going?" I questioned when she took my hand, forcing me away from the couch.

"We're going to find you something to wear."

"Why do I have a feeling this is going to take a while?"

~~~~~

"Because it is taking us quite a long time," I groaned two hours later.

"It's taking so long because you're not girly enough damn it! All you have is jeans and shirts."

"Nu uh, I have a skirt."

"An ugly yellow skirt."

I made a face. "Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking when I bought that skirt."

"There has to be something in here!" Roxy yelled, moving all the clothes on the hangers to one far side, trying to see into the dark corners of my closet.

"I'm just leaving this to-"

"What's this?" my friend said, cutting off my sentence. I pushed myself off the bed that I was sprawled on so I could see the medium sized box she had pulled out.

"That's a box of my mom's stuff."

"Do you mind if we look inside?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "I don't see why not. I think there's just some music books and some of her jewelry in there."

I joined Roxy on the floor as she opened the box and the first thing that we saw were a couple of thin books, which I had correctly guessed were full of music.

"My mom played the piano a lot, so we had a ton of these books around."

I delicately moved them all to the side so we could continue looking through. The next thing that we saw was a small photo album. A lot of the pictures were of me as a baby, or the three of us together as a family at the beach or in the park. It was really nice.

Underneath the album was something that was in a white plastic bag, and when I picked it up, I could tell that it was a load of clothes. The bag was almost completely full, so we had to bring it to the bed so we could pull each piece out individually.

"Oh wow, look at this thing!" Roxy laughed, pulling out the multicolored tie dye shirt with a large and ugly belt hanging over it.

"What do you expect," I said through my giggles, "they were part of those days."

The next thing that came out was this long and luscious white dress. It was strapless, hugging the chest tightly, then flowed down to the floor in some soft material that I couldn't really place.

"Wow, this dress is beautiful," the smaller girl said, touching the fabric.

"Too bad it's too fancy for our day."

"Uh huh, just a little."

The third thing that came out of the bag was a short, red dress. Roxy held it up by the hanger, which revealed it to be a dress that stopped a couple inches above the knee.

"Envy, this is perfect! It's not too fancy, but it's nice enough to bring some attention to you," she said, throwing a wink my way.

"But it's so red. I think I would be calling way too much attention to myself."

"Well, you don't have a choice in the matter, you're wearing it whether you want to or not."

"Roxy-"

"Don't Roxy me. I'm going to take a shower, while I'm doing that, you put on some makeup to complement the dress. Got it?"

"Fine, fine, whatever," I agreed.

I did what Roxy said, picking out some dark red eye shadow for half of my eyelid, then blending it in with a black. After that I applied eyeliner and finally, mascara.

Continuing my beauty session, I took the hair straightener out of Roxy's bag, taking small pieces of my hair at a time and flipping the ends out.

I was surprised when by the time I was done with that, Rox was still closed inside the bathroom. Biting my lip, I looked over at the bed where the red dress was laying. I did have to admit, it was cute. I just didn't know if I could really pull off the color.

"Oh, alright," I grumbled, peeling off my clothes, getting a strapless bra, then putting on the garment. When that was all done, I was kind of afraid to look in the mirror.

"Oh, wow Envy."

Turning around, I saw Roxy standing there in a short, spaghetti strap dress that made her body look amazing.

"Wow me? Look at you, little miss beautiful!" I squealed, motioning for her to turn for me. She modeled for me for a minute while I clapped, large smile on my face.

"I told you that you would look awesome in that dress."

I moved over slightly so I could look at the full length mirror that I had against the wall. Looking myself up and down, I was happy at the way that everything turned out.

Roxy's eyes darted to the alarm clock, which read 2:35.

"The guys should be here soon," she said, "our reservations were for three."

Just after she finished saying that, we heard the doorbell ring, which was a signal that they were in fact here. Dad yelled up to us, "I'll get it!" and we heard the three males making small talk.

"Come on," I said, taking Roxy's hand, pulling her towards the door. On my way out, I flicked off the switch, turning my room dark.

I was the one that first emerged from the stair case. I walked over to Drake, leaning up to kiss his cheek while he smiled down at me. I saw Gerard give Roxy a hug and whisper something into her ear, which made her grin ear to ear.

"We should be going," said Gerard, taking his girlfriend's hand and leading her out the door.

"You go on Drake, I want to talk to Envy for a minute."

"Yes sir," the tall boy said. He kissed the top of my head and followed our friends out the door.

I turned to look at my father, who had a small smile on his face and was looking at me. "You look so much like you're mother in that dress."

"You're not mad I'm wearing it, are you?" I asked him, pulling at the bottom of the dress a little bit.

"No, not at all. That box of your mother's things is all meant for you now. I'm glad you fit into it."

The man came over to me and pulled me into a tight hug, tucking my head under his neck. I smiled softly, hugging my father back.

"I love you Envy."

"I love you too Daddy."

Dad let go of me, pushing me a little towards the door. "Go have fun on your date. Don't stay out too late just because I won't be here to bust you, got it?"

"Yes sir," I answered, giving him a fake salute. I waved him goodbye then walked out the door, entering the back seat of the car with Drake by my side.

"All ready!" I announced. Gerard nodded his head, pulling out of my drive way and towards the restaurant.

I felt Drake's hand on top of mine, which made me look over at him. He scooted closer to me, placing the closest arm over my shoulder, pulling me towards his body.

"You look so beautiful Envy."

"You don't clean up too bad yourself."

~~~~~

"Ger Bear, you're stupid," I laughed, shaking my head at the story that he had just told me.

"Eh, what can you do? I was a kid."

"That was six months ago!" Roxy exclaimed.

"Oh, right."

"So, what movie are we going to watch?" I asked, slipping on my coke.

"I was thinking that we could go see Dracula," Gerard said, "They're actually having this night where they play old movies and-"

"Gerard! You've seen Dracula a million times. I'm sure they don't want to see that old movie."

"Actually," Drake said, "I love that movie. I can't get enough of it."

"I didn't picture you to be a Dracula fan," I voiced, clearly shocked.

"What did you picture me watching then?"

"I don't know, mostly all History channel like movies," I teased, making everyone laugh.

"I'm not that much of a nerd," he said, playing offended.

"I was thinking the same thing Envy was," Roxy chuckled, causing my date to pout.

"Aw, you hurt his feelings!" the older male said, nudging Roxy.

"Kiss him and make him better V!"

Drake turned his dark eyes to me, sneakily sliding his hand up my thigh. The movement was hidden to our friends because of the table cloth. "It'll take lots of kisses to heal my pain."

"Oh please, ya big baby," I got out, hiding the emotions that went through my mind when Drake moved his hand up.

"Oh, we better get going. If we don't, we'll miss our movie time."

~~~~~

"Drake," I whispered harshly to the boy next to me.

"What?" he mumbled into my neck.

"You should be watching the movie."

"I've seen this movie so many times, I can recite it to you."

"You should still be polite to the people around us."

"Envy, look around," Drake whispered back to me, lifting his head up slightly, "This is a giant movie theater with five other people in it, not including us." He placed his head back into the crook of my neck.

"Drake," I warned, although his name did come out a little bit choked.

"I vant to suck your blood," he said, trying but failing at a Transylvania accent.

I giggled at him and was shushed by someone way behind me. I glared down at Drake. "See?"

He sighed, sitting up in his seat and facing the big screen. "We'll just finish later."

Hopefully this movie would be over soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is one of the longest chapters I've written? I can't really tell. I'm mucho looking forward to the next chapter. It's going to get kinda steamy in herrrr ;D

_Comment_