Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Fifteen Percent

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 041

Fifteen Percent

I let the hot water surround me in the bathtub, soaking the warmth, trying to warm my body that felt ice cold. I hadn’t fallen asleep last night, so I “got up” extra early to run a bath full of water that was once steaming hot. I tried to be one of those people that jump in scalding hot water like in the books, but it doesn’t work like that. One, the hot water can actually get hot enough to leave burn marks on your body. Two, there was no way anyone could be that upset to not feel that. Damn books and their lying ways.

I smiled at myself, chuckling lightly. At least I was starting to feel like myself again. My happy feeling stopped when I heard my father knocking on my door. He was here to remind me that it was almost time to get ready for school.

“V? How are you doing baby?” he said softly, even though the door was in the way, so his voice came out even softer.

“I’m doing find Daddy. I’m guessing I have to get out and get ready, huh?”

“You know, you can stay home if you want.”

I shook my head, then realized he couldn’t see it. “No, it’s not that bad. Thanks for reminding me.”

“Not a problem,” he said before walking out of my room and down the stairs.

I sighed, really not wanting to get out of the warm water. It was like a nice water blanket, one that could lull me into the sleep that I hadn’t gotten last night. Yeah, but sleeping in a bath tub isn’t the best idea in the world. People that stupid usually drown.

I dunked my entire body under the water, holding my breath as I felt the last embrace of the warmth, then slowly climbed out of the tub. I let the water drain as I began to dry myself off, walking over to the mirror with a towel around my body and hair.

I swiped the mirror with my hands, getting rid of the condensation that built up on the mirror. When I was done, I slowly moved my gaze to the reflecting glass and winced at my image. Not only were my eyes red and puffy from crying so damn hard yesterday, but I also had dark circles under my eyes from not sleeping. My nose was also red from having been wiping snot, ew, from my face with not so gentle tissues.

All in all, I was a damn beauty. I did my best to cover up everything with my skin tone cover up, but that only goes so far. I put on the rest of my makeup, trying to make myself look as normal as usual. I put my hair up in a neat bun, then walked into my room to get myself dressed.

When I was ready, I tiredly walked down the stairs, grabbing a pop tart and taking a bite out of it. Dad gave me a smile when I walked over to give him a kiss on the cheek. He frowned, then wiped away at him cheek.

“Awe, gross, you got crumbs on me!”

I giggled into my hand, waving him goodbye, and walked out the door with my backpack. The morning sky was starting to light up, making it easier to see the things around me. Everything was peaceful and quiet until two familiar boys were at my side.

“Hey there Envy,” Mikey said gently, and I gave him a strange look. He was looking at me with sympathy and once I realized what for, I rolled my eyes.

“Who told you?”

“Gerard, since he was there and everything. I’m really sorry V, I never would have thought Drake would do that. You guys seemed like the perfect couple.”

I just shrugged, pushing the boy from my mind. “There’s nothing I can do.”

“Except get over him,” Frank said softly, holding my hand loosely but still keeping a good hold. I gave him a smile and a hand squeeze.

The three of us walked into the school and met up with the rest of our friends, and I was soon attacked with hugs and “I’m sorry”. Again, I rolled my eyes and pulled away from everyone.

“I’m telling you, I’m fine. Everything needs to go back to normal or I’m going to explode.”

Quinn chuckled, but gave me another hug. “We just don’t want to see our Envy all sad.”

“’Our Envy’?” I questioned.

“Heck yes,” Dan said, slipping his arm over my shoulder.

“You guys are crazy.”

“But that’s why you love us!”

“Okay, so who are you going to homecoming with now?” Roxy asked, knowing I wasn’t sensitive on the no-Drake subject.

“I don’t know. Which one of you guys doesn’t have a date?”

“I was actually thinking about asking a girl, but if you desperately need one-“ Dan said, but I waved him away.

“I don’t need a date if you guys are available.”

“I am,” Frank said, and I turned to him and gave him a surprised look. “What?”

“That’s just surprising. You’re such a ladies’ man!”

He shrugged his small shoulders. “I just hadn’t gotten around to asking one yet. But now I found my date.”

The bell rang, making everyone groan in protest. “It’s okay, at least it’s a Friday.”

“Hey V?” Frankie called, “You wanna come to band practice today? We have a couple songs pretty much done. Maybe, if you’re good, you can be a backup singer.”

“Sure, but once you guys get famous, I get fifteen percent of everything you make.”

“Sounds like a good deal I guess.”

“Not really,” Taylor spoke up, “seeing as you guys don’t actually get all of the money that you make. You have to split it between the five of you, which is twenty percent. Then you have the managers, your label, the back stage people to pay. By giving her fifteen percent, she’d be making more.”

Frankie looked at me, and I just grinned. “Sorry Frank, you already agreed!” I laughed, skipping away to first period.

I was surprised to find myself this happy after only a night of having broken up with Drake, but I guess he didn’t mean as much to me as I thought earlier. I was knocked out of my thoughts when I smacked into someone, almost falling over until I was caught by strong arms wrapped around me. I looked up to see Jeremy there, a small smile on his face.

“Hey there Jeremy,” I voiced with my own smile. He helped me back up to my feet and I fixed my clothes.

His smile lost some of its shine when he looked into my eyes. “What’s wrong with your face?”

“Oh, wow, nice way to be gentle,” I said with a snort, which made him blush, which I found adorable.

“What I meant was that-“

“I know what you meant. Had a rough night, no sleep, girly stuff that guys don’t understand.”

“Do you want to talk about it?” he asked me as we walked into the class room and went to our desks in the back.

“I’d rather not dwell on the past, but thank you Jeremy.”

I gave him a small hug, which shocked him, but he hugged me back only a couple seconds later. His mix matched eyes shined while we smiled at each other before paying attention to our teacher.

~~~~~

“I hope this class lasts forever,” I whispered to Mikey although my eyes were on the clock on the wall. He gave me a sympathetic look, but had to turn back to Ms. Den before he was caught.

The bell rang, to my misfortune, although it was no one else's, and I watched as everyone rushed out of the room. I packed up slowly, not really wanting to go to third period. Sure, I was taking things okay right now, but I hadn’t come face to face with the boy yet.

“Is there something wrong Envy?” I heard Ms. Den say, although her voice was a lot nicer than it was in class. I don’t think I was ever going to get used to that.

“Kind of,” I said, embarrassed to admit it to her. I mean, she had known Drake longer than she had me, so she would probably defend him.

“Well, what is it sweetie?”

“Drake broke up with me,” I mumbled.

“He did what? I thought he was head over heels for you!”

I smiled at the woman, who sat on her desk, her legs crossed. Her legs were smooth and long, looking great on her body. When I thought about it, she was really beautiful. It was a wonder why she didn’t have a husband.

“Why don’t you have anyone head over heels for you?”

The bell rang again, signaling that whoever was not in class was now late. We both ignored it. “I believe you’re changing the subject.”

I shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t wanna talk about it.”

“Who said that I wanted to talk about my personal life?”

I blushed, looking down. I had forgotten that she was a teacher and was not just one of the girlfriends. Her tinkling laugh made me look up at her, and I saw happiness shining in her eyes.

“I thought I explained this to you at the hospital?”

“Explain it again?” I asked her.

For the rest of that time period, the two of us talked, about boys, school, then nothing in particular. We started to bond, and I really enjoyed my time with her. I made her smile and laugh, things that seemed foreign to her, but made her all the more beautiful.

The bell dismissing third period rang, and I once again didn’t want to go to my next class, but it was because I was having a good time. Ms. Den stood up, smoothing her skirt out, and fixing her glasses.

“I enjoyed our talk Envy, but you have to leave now. Don’t want to scare my next class with my kindness.”

I giggled at her, gave her a quick hug that she returned without a second thought, then ran out of the classroom towards my Chorus class.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, yeah, I know. Pretty boring. BUT, I kind of needed SOMETHING before I jump to Homecoming. Which is the next chapter :D

_Comment on how much crap it was. DO IT_