Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Tango

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 042

Tango

I snuggled into the warm blanket of my bed, letting the thick material wrap around me and make me feel safe. Which was a very false feeling to believe in when you shared a bed with Roxy Friiz and Taylor Lankton.

The blond mumbled something inaudible in her sleep before she turned over on her side, a more comfortable position, thrusting her arm out carelessly. That arm fell harshly against my face, waking me up from my slumber.

"Taylor, that hurt!" I shouted groggily, shoving her arm back at her, smacking her in the face like she had done to me. She moaned something painful, then opened her eyes enough to send me a glare.

"Will the two of you shut up? I'm trying to sleep!" Roxy hissed from the other side of the bed.

"Well, I know I can't go back to sleep," I whispered to myself, removing the warm blanket from my body and getting out of the comfortable bed. I quickly made myself presentable for my walk downstairs, then left the room. When I hit the first floor, I saw my father on the couch putting on his shoes. Waking up when he was almost gone for work meant that we had slept in quite late. I looked at the clock. Almost two. Yep.

"How long are you going to be at work today?" I asked the man when I sat down beside him. He gave me a smile before answering.

"Don't worry, I'll be home before you guys leave for the dance. Wouldn't want to miss seeing you girls all dressed up."

He leaned down so I could kiss his cheek then ruffled my hair, causing me to glare at him. He left the house laughing. That was my dad alright. Just after he left, I heard the two lazy bums coming down the stairs, yawning and stretching their bodies.

"Good morning Sunshines," I said with a smirk. They both gave me the finger. I gasped as if I had been offended.

"That is quite unfriendly."

"Who said we were friendly?"

I rolled my dark eyes, but welcomed them to sit next to me on the couch. Everything between us was quiet as we stared absentmindedly at the TV screen. I don't think either of them were really paying attention to what was on, I know I wasn't.

"Our salon appointment is at 2:30, right?"

"Mhm," they both said.

"It's almost two."

I probably shouldn't have said anything, because what happened next was like a storm of moving bodies. The two girls were up and dragging me back to my room at inhuman speeds, yelling at me to get dressed. I blinked, watching them tear through the things they had brought to my house. Shaking my head, I calmly picked some clothes, easily getting dressed. It was surprising that I was the first one done.

Once all three of us were done, Roxy grabbed her keys out of her purse and pushed us out the door, barely giving me time to lock the door behind me.

The drive took around twenty minutes or so, but we made it just in time for our appointment. When we got inside, the place was packed with teenage girls who were here to get beautified for Homecoming, like us. The woman in charge saw us coming through the door, and a smile lit up her tanned face.

"Taylor and friends!" she exclaimed, the woman's Spanish accent very prominent.

"Hi Maria," we all said at once. Maria came to us and gave us hugs as well as kisses on our cheeks.

"How are my favorite chicas?"

"We're good, here for your employees to make us beautiful," Taylor said, her smile shining on her face.

"No, no. Tu es muy bonita. We only enhance the natural beauty." She looked around the shop, a frown coming on her face. "Unfortunately, we are quite busy, so you all will have to be separated while we take care of you."

"I don't mind that, as long as I get Antonio," Taylor purred, her eyes on a very nice looking Spanish man who was just finishing up with a customer. Maria laughed, but nodded her head.

"I would not let anyone else touch that beautiful mane of blond hair. Antonio, Taylor is here."

He looked up, and his green eyes shined when he saw his favorite customer. He waved her over, and she came without reluctance.

Roxy and I giggled at the completely love filled face on our friend. It was something that you did not see on our tough Taylor everyday.

"Senorita Friiz, if you will follow Rose. Senorita Moore, you come with me."

The two of us split up, me following Maria to an open hair washer in between two girls. I relaxed into the feeling of the woman's fingers scrubbing against my scalp and closed my eyes for the entire period she washed my hair.

She began to dry my hair with a towel, then commented on it. "You hair has a tendency to want to curl when wet, but is usually straight when it is dry."

I nodded my hair slightly. "My mother had super curly hair, but my dad's straight hair seemed to have dominated over it."

With a towel wrapped around my head, she walked us over to the chair where she would do my hair. There was also a little counter full of nail supplies where a woman gave me a happy smile.

"May I suggest a French manicure? That seems the most popular type of nails for dances like these."

I gave her a smile and agreed. Maria asked me what the theme of our Homecoming dance was. "It's a Spanish Fiesta."

The two women laughed, nodding their heads. "That helps how to style you for this evening. What color is your dress?"

"Red and black."

"Ah, very traditional. Do you know how to dance?"

"I do actually," I said, watching the woman start to do my nails, taking out red and black nail polish, "I took dancing classes that mostly revolved around Ballroom and Spanish dancing."

"You will be a masterpiece of the floor then."

Maria brushed my hair, drying it with the blow dryer so that she could work her magic with it quicker. Talk stopped then as both of the stylists concentrated on what they were going to do.

Once Maria was done with drying my hair, she brushed it again so that there were no knots, leaving it smooth and shiny. She then plugged the curler into the wall, walking to go greet someone as she waited for it to warm.

By the time she came back, the nail lady was done and had gone to another girl. I looked down at my nails and noticed that it still was a French manicure, but instead of skin tone and white, it was red and black.

Maria brushed my hair into a side ponytail, leaving my hair straight against my chest. Taking the curler into her hands, she then proceeded to take chunks of my thick hair and curl them. They looked way better than any curls I had made myself. Damn those professionals.

To top off the hair, she got a hair tie that had a fake rose attached to it, the color of bright red. She used it to wrap around my hair, and it just made the icing on the cake for it. I gave Maria a large grin in the mirror.

"Now I send you to Gloria, I have no skills at makeup what so ever," she laughed, pushing me towards a black haired woman who was waiting for me.

"You are looking fabulous!" She exclaimed, making me twirl, "If only I could see you in your dress."

"I'll make sure we take a lot of pictures," I promised. She nodded, then went to work on my makeup. My eyes had to be closed the whole time, so the only thing I was really aware of was the feeling of her carefully applying my makeup. The last thing I felt her do was put lipstick on my pouting lips.

"Okay, you can open your eyes."

I did and looked at the mirror she gave me, gasping. The makeup on my eyes was so elaborate. Black eyeliner framed my eyes, making a point at the start of my eyes, then fraying off when it came to the end. On the top of my eyes was a pale pink that followed the eyeliner. Last was a bright red that topped it off. It matched the red lipstick on my lips.

"There, you are finished and ready to go! Make sure that you put your dress on carefully or you will ruin the make up I took so much time applying."

I nodded and sat up, looking around for my friends. Taylor was sitting in the waiting area, everything on her already done. I looked her up and down and smiled. Antonio had styled some of her hair in a neat, loose bun on her head, the rest of her hair flowing in curls down her back. There were white, fake flowers on the side of her head that topped it, like my rose had. Her makeup was many different colors of blue, starting dark at the bottom of her lid, then going light towards the top. Her nails were a simple French manicure.

She looked up at me and smiled. "You look great!"

"I feel great. I need to come to this place more often."

"How do I look?"

I turned so I could look at Roxy and couldn't help but smile. Her bangs had remained straight over her face, but the rest of her hair was curled and let down. Some were small curls, while the other were large. There was a pink fake flower clip that were clipped to hair above her ear. Her make up was simple, but elegant. In the corner of her eyes, it was silver, but as it came out to fray into a tip at the end of her eyes, it faded into pink. Her nails looked like Taylor's.

"Beautiful."

"Who knew that beauty could take so long," I said, motioning to clock to show that it was almost 5:00.

"Come on, lets get to Envy's house so that we can get dressed and primp ourselves."

~~~~~

By the time that we got to my house, ate a meal, put on our dresses carefully, and put final touches on everything, it was nearing seven. Dad had gotten home only a little while ago and demanded we come down the stairs now so that he could see what we looked like.

"I do what I want!" I yelled down to him playfully. Faintly, I heard him huff and walk away. I smirked in victory.

"Are we all finished?" Taylor asked us.

Her dress was strapless and fit snugly against her body perfectly. It showed all of the curves of her. A few inches or so after her hips, there was a frill like material that wrapped around her. It came down to a point at the left side of her body.

"All done," Roxy said, stepping away from the mirror.

Her dress was made of less material than ours, but complimented her greatly. It had only a strap that was tied at her neck holding it up, showing only a little bit of cleavage. The rest of the dress was tight fitting until it flared at the waist line, and the material of the dress was in different lengths, the shortest at mid thigh. To finish her look, she wore skin tone pantie hose that made her legs only look slightly darker.

I looked at the full length mirror at myself and smiled. My dress was tight against my body, and the top of it was completely black. The tightness stopped at my waist and then the dress flared out, a red material with a nice black pattern on it. The front part of the red material was a little above the knees, but it grew as it reached the back to mid calf.

"I'm good too. Now lets go show my dad before he has a panic attack."

I was the last one out the door and down the stairs, so Dad looked at us one at a time. When he came to me, he smiled softly. "You all look very beautiful, and very Spanish."

"That's what we were going for!"

"Whoever you guys are going with are going to be very lucky."

"Eh, it's just the guys," Roxy started, waving her hand, "They're already lucky that we hang out with them."

Dad laughed and nodded his agreement with her. "That they are."

"So, now that you've seen us, we have to get going-"

"I don't think so!" my dad interrupted, "we have many pictures to take!"

Quick story is, we didn't get to leave for the dance until thirty minutes later, when Dad was content with the hundreds of pictures he had taken, and I had white spots at my eyes.

~~~~~

"Bur, it's cold outside," Taylor said, rubbing at her exposed skin. Roxy and I agreed with her and hurried inside the gym, which had been turned into a fabulous setting for our dance. The first part of the gym was full of tables, where everyone could socialize with their friends and drink and eat. The tables were hidden under black table cloth with a vase of red roses sitting on each table. There were also white roses tied with red ribbons at each seat of the table that you could take home with you.

The second part of the room was the dance floor, separated from the tables by a gate like thing that left plenty of room for us to walk through. The DJ was already starting to set up, and he was in a nice black tux.

"Looks like we came early, let's grab some seats."

We got a table that was an equal distance between the dance floor and the entrance. We sat down, and I smelled the rose that went with my seat. I smiled at the sent and set it back down.

"Does anyone know when the boys are getting here?"

"We are already here madam!" I heard Mikey voice, and turned around to look at them.

The group was made up of Quinn, Mikey, and Frank, our dates for the night. Quinn was in just a regular tux with a red rose in his pocket. His black tie disappeared into his jacket and I watched as he gave a corsage to Taylor, who smiled at him.

Mikey did the same for Roxy, and I took in his appearance. He, too, was in a tux, but his tie was red and there was just a white handkerchief in his pocket. Was the theme red? I only had to look at Frankie to figure it out.

Under his normal black jacket, there was a bright red shirt there, no tie, but there was a red handkerchief in his pocket. He handed me a corsage of red roses and I smiled at him.

"Thanks," I told him, giving him a tight hug. I felt the material of his shirt rub up against my chest and shivered. When I stepped back, I pointed at it. "That's silk."

He nodded with a grin on his face. "That it is, my favorite fancy shirt. Feels good on bare skin." He gave me a wink that made me blush and turn my face slightly.

I felt his hand bring me back to look at him, and his grin was replaced with a happy smile. "You look gorgeous Envy."

I fought off the urge to blush deeper and smirked at him, pulling away from his touch reluctantly. "Don't ruin the make up."

He laughed and nodded his head. "I wouldn't dream of it."

"Hey guys!" I heard, and turned around to see the rest of the boys come our way, unfamiliar dates on their arms. I looked over their dresses and shook my head. The short ones that Taylor had talked about at the store.

Quinn came up to give me a hug, told me how beautiful I looked, and said he was waiting for that dance so that we could put the whole school to shame. Then came Mikey, Dan, Jepha, and finally Bert.

"Wow Bert, you actually don't look like a slob."

He laughed and gave me another hug. "I'll take that as a compliment."

"It kind of was," I said with a shrug.

As we had been talking, more people filled the room until it was almost full of people. We talked a little more before the DJ finally started playing music. It was something that most girls went to "booty dance" to, so I didn't bother getting up. Guess who did? The other three dates. As expected.

"I feel over dressed," I said, looking at some of the girls around the room. Barely any of them were really wearing any dresses that went along with the theme.

"And everyone probably feels like hobos compared to you guys," Mikey voiced.

"They are," Taylor said, flipping her hair.

The six of us continued to talk, and while we did this, Frankie grabbed my hand and started to stroke the skin on the top of my hand. I gave him a small smile and continued on with the conversation. Later on, the other three came back, dateless.

"Why aren't you guys dancing?"

"Because there's no real Spanish music on."

Just as I said it, it turned into a nice Spanish song, causing Dan to smirk. "Now it is. Come on, I'm going to dance with one of the hottest things in the room."

He took my hand and dragged me to the dance floor, bringing me in close to him. "Isn't your date going to be jealous?"

"Nah, I only brought her so I didn't look like a loser, all alone and such."

I laughed at him and enjoyed as we danced to the song and I tried to teach him how to dance, but he soon gave up, just moving to the beat as he wanted to.

"You are impossible to dance with!"

"I try!"

I went to walk away from him, but Quinn came up to me as the song changed. It was a song perfect for a tango. I gave him a large smiled and he returned it. "Dan, clear the dance floor a little bit."

He did so without asking questions. Some people were offended that they were being pushed out of the way, but they shut up when Quinn and I started.

It first started with just moving around with hip movements, ones that matched and we danced around in a circle. When we made it back to our starting point, I moved my leg behind me in a half circle, then stomped. Quinn brought me closer to him and we swayed. He then spun me around, my dress keeping tight to me, and when we came back together, my right leg was curled around his leg. He bent me back in a dip, then brought me back up quickly.

As we continued to dance, our feet got so close together that one wrong move could make us trip all over ourselves. But we were good at this, and we stayed one step ahead. At one point, he took my hand, then slid away from me, and I seemed to be reaching out with my other hand to the boy closest to me. He went to step forward, but Quinn jerked me back to him in a spin, and I had my back pressed against his chest with his arm around me. His free hand went from my shoulder to my waist before I turned around.

We then did the classic tango walk, with one pair of our hands connected, while my other was on his shoulder and his was on my waist. We walked like that, bodies pressed close, until we went down. One of our legs went out to full length behind us while the other stayed bent. He helped us both back up, then stood there while my right leg slid up his before I turned around and bent my knee to wrap my leg and sort of kick out by his knee.

To end the dance, he spun us around, and I put one leg up to wrap around his leg tightly so I wouldn't go anywhere, then I dipped the top half of my body. The song changed and Quinn helped me up slowly. When we came face to face, I grinned at him and stepped away.

We got claps from most of the crowd as we walked back to the table. All of our friends were staring at us with large eyes and mouths open.

"And I thought dancing the tango was something for wimps!"

Quinn smirked at Mikey's comment. "Yeah, I was a ladies' man when I was a kid."

I sat down next to my date and his mouth was still hung open. I closed it with my finger and giggled at him. "You're drooling."

He cleaned his chin, then looked at me with a serious look. "You have to teach me how to do that."

"Maybe one day."

~~~~~

By the end of the dance, everyone was laughing so hard we didn't know what to do with one another. Everything was coming to a close, and the DJ said he was only going to give us one more song, and that was a slow one. I was really too tired to do anything, dancing with Quinn multiple times had done that, but Frankie dragged me to the floor anyway.

"It's only a slow song, you don't have to do anything. I just want one more dance."

I finally gave in and placed my arms around his neck while he put his on my waist. We kind of just swayed and circled, and I had to admit it was very nice. I put my head on Frank's shoulder, inhaling the sent of him. It was still the same odd mix of smoke and mint, with a hint of lavender. Frank's hands slid to my hips, but went no where else and I didn't really care at this point in time.

We continued to dance like that until the song was over, but I did not want to pull away from him. He was so comfortable against my body and he fit me well. Unfortunately, we did have to leave with the rest of our friends, but we held hands as we left.

"I'll take Mikey and Frankie home, and you can take Taylor," I told Quinn, who had driven the other two. Roxy had driven her car over here.

"Sure. Thanks for the dances Envy."

"Not a problem."

Then we all separated, with Mikey and Frank following me to the van. Mikey sat in the back while Frank sat in the front, and the drive to the Way household was a comfortable silence. He bid us both goodbye, then I drove to Frankie's driveway, which wasn't too far away.

"I'll see you on Monday."

"You're not going to walk me to the door?"

"Really Frank?" I asked, but gave in anyway. I got out of the car and walked him to his door. Before he went inside, he turned to me and gave me a smile.

"I really enjoyed tonight. Not only did I have the hottest date, but she could dance and made other boy's jealous that they didn't take her."

I shook my head, but that didn't stop me from laughing. "Thanks Frank, I had a good night too. You dance very well."

He beamed at me and brought me into a hug. I relaxed into it, and once again didn't want to let go. When we did, we were both very close to each other, and this time, the kiss wasn't a surprise to either of us.

We both leaned in at the same time, and our lips met in a kiss that was soft and loving. Frank cradled my face in his hands and deepened the kiss, asking to further it. We stood there, pretty much making out, for a couple minutes until we had to come up for air. I opened my eyes to see Frank's beautiful ones staring at me, though the scene was a little comical because his lips were stained with my lipstick.

"Good night Frank," I said, backing away slowly although I just wanted to get closer to him.

"Good night Envy," he said, walking into his house. When he was gone and I was in my car, I let out a girly squeal.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, my goodness... This was a very long chapter was it not? And look how it ended :D

I had a link to Envy's makeup, because it was very bueno, but it wasn't working. D:

But, Enjoy. And PLEASE comment.

And I agree with you Mikey986. Hah, your comment made me laugh

_Comment_