Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Happy Birthday Pansy

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 044

Happy Birthday Pansy

"Guess what day is getting closer and closer!" Frankie shouted at me on our early morning walk to the school on this wonderful Tuesday. I winced at his loudness, glaring at him a second before asking "What?"

"My birthday, silly!" he said, his voice a higher pitch than usual. Like I had moments before, Mikey winced, taking a couple steps away from his best friend who was dancing around as if he had been crowned prince of Loony Land. I giggled at the thought, thinking about how perfectly he would fit the role.

"What?"

"Nothing, nothing," I said, waving away the thought, "But if you keep shoving your birthday in my face, then I might not give you your present at all."

The midget look appalled and I wouldn't have been surprised if he fainted at the shock of it. "That's not nice at all!"

"Who said I was nice?" I asked with a smirk, walking ahead of them and turning around, walking backwards so I had a better look at the two.

"It's very true, she plays nice in front of you, but in Physics, she's evil!"

"I am not!" I defended, but couldn't help but laugh.

I could tell that we were getting closer to the school because the talking of the students that hung around the entrance was getting louder and louder. I continued my backwards march.

"So, are you sure you guys aren't going to tell me what you got me?" Frank questioned nonchalantly, not to either one of us in particular.

I looked towards Mikey. "Has he always been this present obsessed?"

"Pretty much."

They both look past me, about to tell me something, but it was too late as I bumped into a large body, which I guess was bound to happen if you didn't have eyes in the back of your head. I tripped, almost falling, but I managed to catch myself. I looked to see angry faces on my friend's faces before I turned around to apologize to whoever I bumped into.

My eyes widened when I bent my neck up to look into the familiar dark skinned faced. Drake's dark brown eyes stared straight through me, an empty look in those orbs that I had never seen when we were dating. I gulped and looked away, looking at his shoulder instead of his face.

"Sorry," I mumbled before scurrying away, hearing the two boys following not that far behind. When I finally managed to make it to our group of friends, I stopped walking and let out the breath I had been holding. Everyone gave me a curious glance.

"She bumped into Drake," Mikey answered for me, coming up to stand on my left side.

"You know, there was no need for you to drag me away Mike, I just wanted to talk to him," Frank growled, standing on my right with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Yeah, because that would have ended well," Bert said with a roll of his eyes, but turned his gaze back to me.

"I'm fine! Stop looking at me like that!"

"We'll be less worried about you whenever he moves back to Africa," Roxy sighed, coming over to me to give me a hug. I hugged her back before pulling away.

The bell rang throughout the school, making all of the teenagers grumble and say goodbye to their friends. Our group did the same, reluctantly parting ways as usual. Before I got too far away from anyone, I turned back around and called out Frank's name.

"Yeah?"

"Come over to my house today?"

He grinned widely at me, a grin that would have most girls weak at the knees. I wasn't going to deny that I was one of the girls, because, damn it, I was.

"Sure thing. I'll meet you at your locker after school."

I blew him a kiss and he caught it before pretending to make out with the hand that had caught it. I rolled my eyes at his immaturity and walked to my English class, where I would meet up with Jeremy.

"Hey Jeremy!" I greeted, sliding into my seat next to him. He sighed dramatically, making me give him a look.

"How many times do I have to tell you to call me Jer?"

"As many times as I have to tell you I won't. That's too close to Ger Bear. Don't worry, I'll come up with something soon."

"Nothing too stupid."

I gasped at him. "I would never give you a stupid name! It offends me that you think I would. How is Studmuffin?"

"Hell no."

I went on naming ridiculous nicknames until it was time that the teacher started class. Mrs. Colt started talking about how our projects from the stupid book we would be reading were due at the end of the week and that they were a big percentage of this quarter's grade. Yada yada.

"I know we already finished our stuff, but do you want to come over today? My mom says I should bring you over more because you're a 'good influence'." He said the last part sarcastically.

"She doesn't know me very well then. I can be a very bad girl," I purred, giving him a wink. He shook his head, making his long hair fall into his face. Through his locks, I thought I saw his face getting red.

"So, what about it?"

"Sorry, I already have some plans going on today. How about tomorrow? Then we can have another sing off where I will kick your butt as I did last time." The last time I had been over to the Flat household, I had learned that Jeremy was actually a very good singer. So instead of doing work, we just bounced around his room singing to each other.

"Oh please," he scoffed, "but tomorrow is fine with me."

We continued to talk while the rest of the class did the stuff they still had left for their projects. It was nice just having some free time and not having to do anything in class. Unfortunately, like most good things, the relaxing class period was ended with the bell, and I got out of my seat.

"Remember, you and me at my house tomorrow."

"It's a date," I agreed, making my way to my Physics class to meet up with Mikey. I saw him doing a little air guitar at his desk, his tongue poking out a bit in concentration. I snorted at this, which stopped what he was doing.

"What were you just doing?"

"Practicing my part for a song."

"Without a bass...?"

"Don't judge me!" he whined, turning his body away from me while I giggled.

Ms. Den shushed the class, telling everyone to stay silent while she lectured us about the wonderful world of physics. I found myself drifting off every now and then, not really wanting to pay attention to what she was talking about. This probably wasn't the best idea, but it was better than Mikey air bassing in class behind her back. It was funny to see the stares that he got though.

When the physics class ended, I packed up my stuff and walked up to Ms, Den. She ignored me until everyone was gone, then turned to me with a smile.

"How can I help you?"

"I, um, I kind of wanted to invite you to this little competition I'm in. I made it to the finals, and I'd really enjoy it if you came," I said shyly, waiting for her to politely decline.

"I'd love to go," she said softly, causing me to look up at her with a smile.

"You'll be rooting for me, right?"

"Of course."

~~~~~

I had managed to make it through the rest of my classes without a problem. Even in Economics I had been able to ignore the ex-boyfriend who I had run into earlier in the day. I was proud of myself for not even looking back at him and feeling nothing when we brushed each other going out the door. I was really getting over him.

In Chorus, Mr. Smith had asked Tamara and I to bring in some sheet music to the songs that we were going to be singing, that way it was a lot more professional rather than just six girls singing. We agreed and gossiped about what we thought was going to happen.

Taylor and I had gotten a lot closer to Tamara since the beginning of this contest, and I was already considering the red headed girl a really good friend. It felt great to have another girl around to share girly secrets with.

I was brought out of the thoughts of my day when a body leaned against Roxy's locker, who was waiting for me to put my stuff away. I glanced over to see Frankie there and let a smile grace my lips.

"Hey veggie," Roxy greeted, saluting him with two fingers. He nodded his greeting.

The three of us walked out of the school, Roxy soon having to part, but she was replaced by Mikey and Bert, who were usually the ones that I walked home with. Just me and the boys.

"So, what did you want me to come to your house for?" Frankie asked after Bert had run into his house, seeing his was the closest one to the school.

"Do I need a reason to ask my friend to come over?"

"You didn't ask me," Mikey said, pouting.

"That's because you called me evil this morning," I lied, but stuck my tongue out at him. "Did you know that he air guitars for practice?"

The shorter boy nodded while he laughed, looking over at his taller friend. "Yeah, I know. But it helps him get better, so as he would say, 'don't judge him'."

"Finally, someone who understands!"

"Shut it and go home," I replied, walking up my driveway with Frank behind me. I unlocked the door and welcomed him in, turning on the lights so we could see everything.

"Make yourself comfortable, I need to get something."

He nodded his head, making some strands of hair fall into his face. I pulled my eyes away from him and rushed up the stairs, throwing my book bag into my room when I opened the door. I walked calmly over to my closet, opening it and taking out the hard black case. I carefully maneuvered my way down the stairs with the bulky thing, but I made it without directing Frank's attention away from the TV.

I cleared my throat and Frankie, leaned his head back, looking at me upside down. There was a confused look on his face, so he turned around to look at me and what I was holding.

"Happy Birthday Pansy. Early birthday, I guess I should say." I handed the case to him when he walked over to me. His hands took it and placed it gently on the couch, opening it up slowly.

"Envy..." was the only thing he could say when he looked what was inside.

It was the white guitar he had been wanting so badly when he had come by the store. But I had added some flare to it. I had taken it to a professional to get some seriously awesome stickers that spelled out 'Pansy', which curved around it. It was pretty heavy duty, so no matter how bad he threw it around, it wasn't coming off. When he picked it up, he noticed that the stickers glittered.

He looked up at me, mouth open to form an 'o' shape while I just grinned like a mad man. I could tell by his expression that he really liked the gift.

"You bought this for me?"

I rolled my dark eyes and licked at my lips. "No Frank, I stole it from the place that I work. Yes, I bought it for you."

"You really shouldn't have, this must have been expensive."

I shrugged, even though it had been. "It kinda was, but with my employee discount, it wouldn't have been as much as you would have if you had bought it."

"Wow Envy, thank you."

Frankie set the guitar back down in its case and came over to me, wrapping his arms around me in a hug. I hugged him back and kissed the top of his head.

"Not a problem. But you have to make sure to buy all of your musical supplies at my store, that way I can earn my paycheck back."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry guys, I'm sure you're all like "Um, what?" That you got an email that I updated when I didn't. I am very very sorry, but Mibba is being stupid, so I had to delete the chapter then add it again. Hopefully everything will be fixed after this.

_Comment_