Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Marked By My Lips

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 050

Marked By My Lips

"Why are we here Frankie?" I asked my friend as we walked into the tattoo shop. I wasn't sure on what song was playing, but it did known that it was Black Flag. Frank head banged slightly as we went further inside, large smile on his face.

"Getting our tattoos!"

"Um, what?" I questioned, stopping in my tracks.

"We're going to get our tattoos today."

I gave the boy a look, but it didn't stop the grin he was sending my way. "There are a couple things wrong with what you just said. One, you're still not eighteen, so you're not legal to get a tattoo. Second, I didn't bring any money for the tattoo I want."

"Oh, but I have the answers to your questions!" Frankie exclaimed, throwing his hands up into the hair. "One," he started, copying me, "I know the guy who owns this shop, and he said he would do me, and you, even though I'm underage. Second, he's going to do them for free, but we're getting specific ones."

"Do I even have a say in this?" I said when the younger boy grabbed my wrist and pulled me completely inside.

"No, not really."

"Then will you tell me what kind of tattoos we're getting? I'd rather not have something on my skin that's permanent and be embarrassed by it. Or cause my father to hate me for the rest of my life."

Before he could reply, a man came up to us, a smile large enough to match Frank's on his face. Even though he was all happy, he looked very intimidating. He was tall, very tall, with a sleeveless shirt on so that it showed his muscled arms that were tattooed with many different scenes. He had his septum pierced as well as his right eyebrow. His smile didn't dim any when I stepped behind Frank slightly.

"Iero!" the man shouted, picking up Frankie in a hug and swinging him around. Laughter filled the tattoo shop, and the customers that were in the chairs smiled at the scene.

"Hey Ben," the teenager greeted, "this isn't much of a manly hug."

Ben chuckled and placed his friend back on the floor. "Maybe not, but I haven't seen you around here in along damn time. And may I ask, who is this pretty lady?"

I blushed slightly at the comment, but waved. "Oh, this is Envy, my best friend and the girl you're going to tattoo."

"You eighteen?" he asked.

"Yep, have been for a couple months now. I was going to come in here when Frank turned eighteen , but he has different plans I'm guessing."

Frank grinned again. "We're still doing that, it's just I wanted to do something, for just you and me."

I rose a brow at him, wondering silently what the hell he had planned. "Don't worry, it's nothing too bad."

"Come on back, we need to get the tattoos traced."

So, the two of us followed Ben into the back, passing the artists and customers, who all waved. Hm, maybe I shouldn't judge these people by their looks.

"Okay, I'll need you guys to put this on your lips," Ben said, turning to us with what looked like a skin tone chap stick."

"Can I ask why?"

"You already did, but Frank told me to keep it a secret."

I turned to my short friend. "I'm going to kill you."

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard that threat before."

Without asking anymore questions, I applied the Chap Stick, as did Frank, and we were ordered to pucker our lips and kiss the tracing paper he gave us. I did as told, still wondering what the hell this is all about.

"Okay, I'll draw it up real quick. You two go find some chairs and I'll be right back okay?"

We nodded and walked away and I whispered to Frank, "He says 'okay' a lot."

Frankie guffawed, nodding his head. "I know, I noticed that too when I first met him."

I found a comfortable leather chair that was not being used and sat down, with my friend sitting in the one next to me. We continued to talk about nothing at all, but everything at the same time. When Ben came back out, I was excited to see what he had for us.

Ben went over to Frank and handed the other paper to another tattoo artist, who came over to me. "Hey, I'm Jamie," he introduced.

I smiled. "It's nice to meet you. Can I see what tattoo I'll be getting?"

He nodded his head, showing me what was on the paper. I scrunched up my brow, trying to understand what it was, but it soon came to me.

There were two letter, done in very nice and fancy lettering, the letters being 'F' and 'I'. Right next to the letters was a kiss mark, Frankie's to be exact. I was guessing that Frank was going to have my initials, as well as the mark of my lips.

"Even though we haven't known each other for as long as I've known my other friends, I feel like you've been with me my entire life. I want to make sure, that if we part, I will always have something to remember you by."

I looked into hazel eyes, which held a soft look. I returned the look and couldn't help the small smile that graced my face. "And I'd always like to remember you."

Jamie placed the tracing onto my right wrist, and when he pulled it away, the ink was bold against my pale skin.

"Sorry Frank, I won't be there to hold your hand while you cry," I teased, keeping my eyes on Jamie's movements as he readied the gun with ink.

"Remember what I told you, I ain't no sissy."

"Ain't isn't a word," Ben stated before placing the tattoo gun against Frankie's skin.

~~~~~

"Let me see!" I squealed at Frank when our tattoos were finally done. Even though I had been wary about the idea in the beginning, I liked the way it had turn out. Frank's initials were very bold on my skin and his lips, which had been colored in a gentle pink color, stood out as well.

"Hold on, I've barely seen it yet."

I pouted, waiting for him to stop staring so I could see how it turned out. When he finally moved his wrist so I could see, my brown eyes were glued to it, and once again I was smiling.

The 'E' and 'M' looked really pretty in the way they had been done. I traced my fingers over it lightly, making Frank shiver. "Sorry," I mumbled, thinking I had hurt it.

"No, that felt good."

I snorted, but continued to stroke the skin. Then I looked at my lips that had been colored a bright red, and then touched my lips. Did they really look like that? Not like I was complaining, the kiss mark looked damn hot.

I brought his newly tattooed wrist to my mouth and kissed over my lip marks. I smirked up at him when I pulled away. "Now you have the real thing."
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of shortish, but I really like this chapter. I'm thinking that halloween is going to be the next chapter, which will be seriously long. Some big things happening there.

So, how about we try to get to 100 comments before chapter sixty?! We have sixty nine right now, but if all you silent subscribers just comment, even something simple, I will be super happy!

_Comment_