Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Final Goodbye

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 054

Final Goodbye

It was really windy on this November evening, causing me to shiver and cuddle closer into the thick jacket I had on at the moment. Winter here was going to be a pain in the ass. I'd lived in California all my life before this, where temperatures got to 40 in extreme conditions. Now, I was going to have to be dealing with 20 and under, not to mention the cursed snow.

I shook my head, putting my mind back on track to what was before me right now. I watched as the strong men from the moving company organized the heavy cardboard boxes so that they would all fit into one truck. The Adel family did own a lot of stuff, most of it memorabilia from their lives from Africa, where they were moving back to.

The three person family finally emerged from the house hold, holding bags of things that would be necessary for their long drive and flight back home. It took a moment, but Drake finally noticed me standing across the street, watching his family and huddling in my jacket. He said something quick to his parents and walked long strides over to me.

"What are you doing here Envy?" he said softly, looking down at my much smaller form. I bit my lip nervously, hoping that this didn't seem awkward or weird since we had both agreed not to see each other anymore.

"I was just wondering how you were going to get all your stuff to your new home. I don't think any one plane could carry that," I joked weakly.

He chuckled and shook his head at me. "I'm glad you came to say goodbye."

"Figured me out, huh?"

"Wasn't that hard to figure out, but you seem sadder than you should be."

I cursed the boy quietly in my head. Even if we had started to hate one another, we had still spent months together and he knew me well enough to tell when I was upset.

"Nothing you need to worry about," I sighed, running one of my hands through my cold hair.

"Just tell me so I won't have to think about it on the plane ride."

I smiled lightly and just decided to tell him. "Frankie got a girlfriend today, the day I decided I was going to tell him about my feelings."

"So, you admit them now?" Drake questioned me. I just nodded my head.

"It's impossible not to at this point in time, but I just… I don't know what to do now. Am I just supposed to sit around and act happy for him?"

It was quiet for a minute between us before Drake replied, "Yes. Just pretend that everything is alright and try to be happy for him. I know that sounds like a stupid idea… but maybe if you do, you'll finally accept what they are and move on."

"I guess."

"Drake, we need to leave now!" the heavily accented voice of the teen's father shouted, signaling for his son to come.

"It seems that this is the final goodbye," I said, locking onto Drake's dark brown eyes.

"I guess it is. I… I enjoyed our time together Envy, no matter what I said before. If I could, I would do it all over again."

I gave my ex-boyfriend a true, large smile and nodded my head. "I would too Drake, I would too."

He came to me and swept me up into a hug, tucking me tightly into his warm body. I wasted no time in wrapping my arms around his torso and hugging his back just as hard. No matter how much I wanted to deny it, I was going to miss this kid.

"See ya Drake," I voiced when we had let go. He gave me one last smile before walking back over to his house, getting his stuff, and driving away in the car with the moving truck following behind them. I watched them until they had disappeared and I was left alone on the streets.

Putting my hands into my pockets, I started to walk slowly home, nothing in particular on my mind at the moment. There was something that I wanted to think about, which was Frank and Tamara, but I kept pushing that back away. I didn't need to upset myself again.

The honking of a horn scared me and caused me to turn around to see who was jerk enough to do that to a stranger when I saw Jeremy in the car, waving at me. His passenger window rolled down and I saw the lazy smile on his face.

"Need a ride home?"

"No, but I'd like one. It's damn cold here."

Jeremy rolled his mix matched eyes as I got into the car, sighing in content as the warmth in the car. "It's only 64 degrees."

I glared at him as began to drive. "Shut up, I'm from California, so this is already winter weather."

"Looks like you're going to freeze to death when Winter actually comes."
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually really like this chapter, even though I'm not that fond of Drake as I was in the beginning. Bah, at least I won't have to write about him anymore.

88 Comments guys. Only... _Takes out calculator_ 12 more until we reach 100!

... Is it sad that I actually had to use a calculator for that? Probably.

Oh, and I'm going to start doing this thing where I post my favorite comment(s) that I got from the previous chapter. The first one was...

From: kelly yells love: Have you ever been shot before? No? Well, I'm about to shoot you.
NONONO Frank and Envy. Oh god, why? WHY?
But I'm still hopelessly in love with this story so please update as soon as possible.


Ah, that made me laugh so hard I snorted. :D So, post something witty that will make me laugh

_Comment_