Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

No Clue

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 055

No Clue

All around me, books, binders, and papers were scattered on the surface of my bed, with me right in the middle of the mess. I was writing as quickly as I could on a piece of lined paper, ignoring the wisp of hair that had fallen from my messy bun and dangled in front of my face.

At the moment, I was writing a report for my English class that was due in a couple days. I was completely consumed in this particular task, set on getting it done tonight and work on the next piece of work in line, even though it was not due until the end of this week.

Faintly, I heard something from down stairs, but my focus was truly just for this paper, so I shook it out of my head and continued writing. For a moment, I realized that my hand was in pain from writing for so long, but ignored that as well.

"Envy, what the hell, have you become deaf since the last time I saw you?"

Looking up from my work slowly, I saw Jeremy standing there, looking at me and the mess I had made. His mix matched eyes looked as bewildered as I felt.

"When did you get here?" I asked, ignoring the question he had just asked.

"I've been here for five minutes. First, your dad called you to come down stairs, then I called you, then I came up here. Which is why I asked if you were deaf or not."

I ran a hand through my hair slowly, pushing the hair out of my face so I could see my friend better. Realizing I was being rude, I cleaned up a section of my bed so that the boy could sit down. When I motioned him over, he chuckled, but took a seat next to me. Once he had, he looked around at the books before looking at me.

"Why are you doing this report now?"

"Unlike you," I started," I am not a procrastinator, therefor, I've already started it."

"Yeah, but you've also almost finished it. The rough draft isn't due until Friday, it's only Tuesday."

I shrugged my shoulders and leaned against the headboard, sighing softly as it was a break for my sore back. "Why not get it done now?"

"What is up with you Envy? You've been acting weird these past few days, so unlike your usual self, even though that too is weird."

"Thanks Jeremy, love you too."

"You know what I mean," he rebuffed with an eye roll.

"I know," I said softly, trailing off. Jeremy moved more books so that he was closer to me and got my attention by holding my hands in his.

"You know you can tell me anything. We're really good friends."

I couldn't stop the smile that broke out at his comment. That was true, we were more than just good friends, he was one of my best. Him, along with almost every other friend I had made here. They were such great people, and they cared so much for each other.

I was lucky to have them all because they were my support in hard times. Just because I was having my own personal problems didn't mean I had to keep it to myself, even if that seemed like the right thing to do.

"You want to go to the mall?" I asked.

~~~~~

"Wow, you have the worst of luck, don't you?" my friend asked me as we walked together through the mall, taking small bites of the ice cream cones we each had in our hand.

"I guess," I said through the creamy dessert, gulping it down as slowly as I could, savoring the taste.

"You're always welcome to hide with me if you just can't take their couple cuteness anymore."

I giggled and pushed his shoulder, throwing him off his straight course. He glared at me playfully and stuck his tongue out.

"I can't do that, that would totally be abandonment, and I'm better than that. But, you're welcome to sit with us so I can focus on you."

"Another method of running away," Jeremy chimed, finishing off his cone.

"But not as obvious," I teased. Once I had finished my treat, I linked my arm with Jeremy's as we walked. It was silent and peaceful between us as we just enjoyed the other person's company. Well, was peaceful.

"Oh, hey Envy!"

I winced at the familiar, friendly voice of Tamara from behind us. I took in a deep breath before turning around to face her. I had thought it would just be her, but that wasn't my luck. Frankie was standing next to her, grin on his face as they held hands and walked over to us. My hold on Jeremy tightened and he held me tighter as well, trying to comfort me. I sent him an appreciative look before my two friends reached us.

"What are you guys doing here?" Frankie asked.

"We were just walking around, just hanging out."

"Oh, are the two of you going out?" Tamara questioned, throwing a gentle smile at me.

"Well-" Jeremy started, his voice cocky. I elbowed him in the side, which shut him up with a sputtering cough.

"No, we're not dating. Jeremy is just one of my best friends."

"I'm hurt," Frank whined, clutching his heart in fake pain.

"Shut up you. I got your name tattooed on my wrist, that should show how… important you are to me."

Frank and Tamara were the only ones that laughed because they were the only ones who had no clue.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have nothing to say sooo... Favorite comments!

kelly yells love: Drake is gone, thank god. I always hated that twat.
Jeremy's in. That's cool, okay, rollin' with the punches.
Honestly, if you think, that Envy and Jeremy are going to be anything more than friends, woman, you've got something coming to you. And it's not a good something either.
But still, Frank. He just needs to, ugh. Frank needs to stop being Frank for a moment, wake up, and then resume his usual self and ask Envy out. Honestly he's retarded.


Haha, idk, I guess when she threatens me I find it hilarious. Christ!, your comment made me giggle too.