Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Opa

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 056

Opa

"You don't know what the heck you're talking about!"

"And apparently you're insane! If you think they're the best band in the world, you have no idea what music is."

I rolled my dark eyes at the scene that was unfolding before me. To stop it before it got any further, I slapped the back of Scott's head, making him moan in pain and give me a glare.

"Why did you hit me?" he whined.

"Because I'm not allowed to abuse the customers, even if they are being extremely annoying," I replied, sending an exaggerated look over to Adam, who only gave me a large smile. I shook my head and grabbed my bag, preparing all my stuff so Jeremy and I could head home.

"Come on Jeremy, we'll be late for dinner if we don't leave now."

The boy started to come over until Adam and Scott, at the same time, let out a whipping noise, making the motions of cracking a whip. "Someone's whipped!" they sang.

He opened his mouth to say something, probably a rude comment to try and defend himself, but I just grabbed his wrist and dragged him away towards the car. As we left, we heard the two laughing their heads off in the shop.

"What jerks," the mix eyed boy mumbled as he got into the passenger seat.

"What are you talking about? You know you love them. You guys act like best friends."

"Whatever," he dismissed, playing with the channels on the radio.

"You're so cute when you're wrong," I giggled, paying attention to the road in front as me as I drove to my destination, which happened to be my house hold.

"So, what's for dinner?"

"I don't know, food?"

"Stop being a smart ass. Woah, what's with all the cars in your drive way?"

Looking to where my friend was, I noticed that there were two, unfamiliar cars parked in my driveway, giving me just enough room to park my father's van.

"I'm not sure, but let's go find out."

The two of us got out of the car as quickly as possible and raced towards the door. And, I'm not exactly sure why, but we were pushing each other to try and see who could get through the door first. Seeing as I was more superior than him, even if he wouldn't admit that, I got through first and yelled in victory.

"Dad, Jeremy and I are home! Who do all the cars in the-"

Before I could finish my question, I was lifted up by the waist and swirled around, making me squeal in fright and causing me to become dizzy instantly.

"Morgan, put her down!"

"Morgan?!" I gasped once I had been sat down. Dizzily turning around, I saw the tall teen, two years younger than me, grinning as he looked down at me. Once I recognized my cousin, I squealed again and jumped on him, hugging the boy tightly to me.

"Let go of her, it's my turn!"

"Back off Greg, I saw her first!"

"That's because you pushed me out of the way when she got through the door."

I wiggled out of Morgan's grasp, even though I was quite content in his hug, and hurried over to his twin, Greg, and hugged him just as tightly as I had his brother.

"Where's Tyler?"

"Right her V!" I turned towards the entrance of the kitchen to see the little red head running up to me and bent down to pick him up and twirl him around, just like Morgan had when I came home.

"I missed you V!"

"I missed you too buddy," I chuckled, pinching his cheeks. He scrunched up his nose and wiggled, wanting out of my grip now that I had embarrassed him.

As the boys, all brothers, stood in line by their age, I couldn't help but smile softly at them. Tyler, the youngest of the three, was a short, cute little red head with the bluest eyes you would ever see. The color of them was emphasized by the light freckles all over his pale skin.

Next to Tyler was Greg, the youngest twin by twenty minutes. He was taller than I was by a foot or so, even though he was only 16, and looked like he had started working out since the last time I had seen him. His hair, which was a mix between red and brown, was cut short, coming to rest above his ears. Just like his mother, his eyes were hazel in color and he didn't have the freckles that his younger brother had.

And then there was Morgan, the oldest. He was just as tall as his brother, although he was a little lankier than Greg. His hair, almost reaching down to his shoulders, was a little lighter than Greg's, but darker than Tyler's, with Hazel eyes and faint freckles on his cheeks and nose that were covered by his glasses. He sort of reminded me of Mikey in that moment.

"Who's that?" Morgan asked, pointing behind me. I turned my head slightly, seeing Jeremy standing there a little awkwardly but with a small smile on his face.

"Oh, this is my friend Jeremy. Jeremy, these are my cousins. Tyler, Greg, and Morgan," I introduced, pointing to each of them. He walked up and shook all of their hands, even Tyler's, which I found adorable.

"It's nice to meet you."

"Anyway, what are you guys doing here?!"

"We came here to celebrate Thanksgiving with you guys!" Tyler exclaimed, jumping a little in excitement.

"That's almost a week away, shouldn't you three be in school?"

"We have this week off," Morgan bragged, giving me a smirk while I pouted.

"That is so unfair," I complained while my friend just laughed at me. With a glare, I elbowed him in the side, which made him push me. I was about to punch his arm, but my aunt's voice stopped me.

"Envy, get in here and hug your auntie!"

"Come on, Jerk," I said to Jeremy, flicking his arm and walking towards the kitchen.

At the table sat my father, my aunt Tracy, and my grandfather, each with a cup of coffee in their hands. I rushed to my aunt Tracy, who looked exactly like Greg, and kissed her cheek when she kissed mine. After she told me how much she had missed me, and how I had grown so much, I could move on to the older man.

"Hey Opa," I said softly, hugging him close to me. He chuckled and hugged me back, patting me as he did so. When I pulled away, he gave me a close lipped smile.

"You're the only one who still calls me that," he laughed, stroking my hand with his soft palm.

"I liked the word and it fits you perfectly."

"I have missed you my Envy," he sighed.

"I missed you too Opa."
♠ ♠ ♠
Opa is German for Granfather, just so you know :D

Fav comment!:

Pixie Stick: Ugh, Tamera needs to go to Africa too.

We have 97 comments. Only three more to go, come on guys!