Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Snow Fall

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 059

Snow Fall

"Man, it is way too cold out here in the far east," Greg complained as we got closer and closer to the park. He was breathing hot air onto and into his hands to try and warm them up. I saw all my friends roll their eyes at the over dramatic boy.

"It's barely 50 degrees, you act like it's freezing outside," Taylor scoffed. I did the same, causing her and some others to look at me.

"It is freezing out here. I'm sorry we didn't grow up where every winter was like the damn ice age."

"Shut up with your complaining," Bert exclaimed, pushing me, "We're here!"

Tyler, who had been sitting peacefully in my arms, started to wiggle when he saw the swing set coming closer. I laughed at this and set him down, watching him like a careful mother as he ran towards where the swings were.

"He is the cutest thing," Roxy sighed, staring at the small child with adoring eyes. Jepha followed after Tyler like the little kid he was and started a swinging contest between them. "I can't wait to have kids."

"You don't have to wait, Rox, most of your friends are pretty much like little kids."

And no one was offended by that statement, because they all knew that it was a true fact. I laughed when no one responded and sat on one of the many benches. After only a second, two warm bodies sat on either side of me. I knew who it was by the uniformity of the action.

"You know, Envy," Greg started, staring off into the scene before him, "You seem really happy here."

"And you've made a lot of new friends, as we can see," Morgan continued, motioning to my friends who were having the time of their lives being little kids.

"Yes, on both of those accounts," I answered, "and I didn't really think I was going to be happy here. I was moving away from my entire life. I expected to hate this place, but I really love it, love them all."

My brown eyes instantly landed on Frank, who was chasing Tamara around, who was squealing her happiness. She was barely keeping out of the small boy's reach. It was really hard to see these two together, but even I had to admit that they made a cute couple.

"You like him," the twin's identical voices said, and their statement didn't surprise me one bit. I don't think I had ever hid the way that I felt for Frank; if only he was as quick to notice as everyone else seemed to.

"And you two are extremely annoying. There's no point in stating obvious facts."

Neither of them said a word, but instead stood up and walked towards the couple we had been talking about. I couldn't hear what they said to them once the two had reached them, but after a few seconds, the twins were walking off with the smaller girl while Frankie started to walk over to me, his hands tucking into his pockets.

My heart sped up with each step he took, and I was surprised it didn't explode by the time he had sat down next to me.

"Your cousins stole my girlfriend," was the first thing he said. I giggled at this and nodded my head.

"I'd watch out if I were you. They are quite the charmers."

He chuckled low in his chest and smile at me. To make himself more comfortable, he put his arm on the back of the bench, making his hand brush against my arm. Scooting in close to him seemed like an appealing option, but I stopped myself from doing so and just sat there. My eyes went to Tyler to make sure he was okay in the hands of some of my less mature friends. Frankie must have noticed where my gaze had gone, and he asked a question.

"Do you miss living back in California?"

I turned to him, and our faces seemed to be a little closer than they had been before. I blushed, but didn't move an inch.

"Of course I do, that's where all of my family is. But, I'm glad I came here and met you all. I couldn't ask for anything more."

The grin that had taken over Frankie's face was contagious, and soon enough, we were both smiling like idiots.

"I'm glad you came here too. We are all. I can't even imagine where we'd be right now without you."

And just as he said that, I felt something cold and wet hit my nose. I swiped it off with my finger, but the only thing that was there was water.

"Snow! It's snowing!" Tyler's excited voice squealed. I turned away from Frank to look out to the park and saw that what he said was true. The white flakes fell softly from the sky, fluttering down to touch everyone. Greg, Morgan, and Tyler were ecstatic, never having seen snow before.

"Wow, this is really beautiful. Although, I'm sure you all are sick of it since you see it every winter," I said, turning to Frank. He shook his head, disagreeing with me.

"Each snowfall is more amazing and beautiful than the last."