Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Mikey's Revenge

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 006

Mikey's Revenge

“Envy, if you don’t get up and get ready now, you’re going to be late for school.”

“I don’t wanna go!” I yelled into the pillow, not really caring if Dad heard or not.

“Just get up,” he replied, no sympathy in his voice what so ever.

Groaning over dramatically, I pulled myself out of bed and brushed my hair with a dead expression on my face once I reached the bathroom. Damn, this is only the second day of school and I was sick of it already. How was I going to survive the rest of the year?

Just thinking about 179 more days of waking up early and learning for hours on end made me groan once again.

“I’m leaving now,” I shouted so that where ever Dad was in the house, he could hopefully hear me.

“Have a nice day at school!”

“Its school, having a nice day is impossible!”

As I was walking down the street, I had my ear phones plugged into a CD player that I had bought a couple of weeks ago before the move. The thing was kick ass too, better than those old cassette players that my father used to have. Now they just needed to make something smaller that you could fit in your pocket that held your music for you and played it, that way you never had to carry around CDs again. Ha, like that’s ever going to happen.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we were older
Then we wouldn’t have to wait so long
And wouldn’t it be nice to live together
In the kind of world where we belong
No one’s gonna make it that much better
When we can say goodnight and stay together
Wouldn’t it be nice if we could wake up
In the morning when the day is new.


“Oh, but the day is new and you are my sunshine!” I heard after the earphones were yanked out of my ears.

“I was listening to that,” I stated, watching as Bert smirked down at me.

“That was some beautiful singing, but you have some weird music taste. I mean, the Beach Boys? Yeah, they’re cool and all, but they were a band from the 60’s. You gotta live in the year 1999!”

“You are a very strange child Bert McCracken, very strange indeed.”

“But that’s why I’m so loved,” he said smiling.

I shook my head, packing my CD player back into my backpack while walking down the street with Bert. I could tell we were getting closer to the school because I could hear the sounds of teenager's gossiping getting louder.

“Yesterday while we were hanging out, we decided that instead of going to Jepha’s, we’re going to chill at your house.”

“Why my house?” I questioned as we walked through the entrance of the large building.

“Because one, Jepha’s house is boring and two, because only Frank and Mikey have seen your living space.”

“I guess we’re going on a field trip to my house after school then.”

“It’s about damn time you two got here. Veggie was freaking out, thinking you guys were doing 'it' or something.”

“I was not, shut up Roxy!” Frank yelled, a slight blush on his face.

“He was partially right,” Bert announced and everyone gave him shocked looks, including me.

“She was coming onto me, telling me how sexy she thought I was. Envy was all over me, but I pushed her off and-“

“Be quiet with those lies!” I shouted, pushing the boy.

“Don’t worry, we believe you,” Quinn said with a chuckle.

“Why does no one ever believe my words,” Bert pouted.

“Because most of the gibberish that comes out of that mouth of yours is a big, dirty lie,” Taylor explained easily.

“But that doesn’t matter!”

I scoffed as they continued to argue and sat next to Mikey.

“You got up late today,” he said, smiling at me.

“I didn’t want to go to school today.”

“It’s only the second day.”

“I know, don’t remind me.”

The bell rang and we all waved goodbye and headed off to the first period of the day.

~~~~~

“Die, die you devil woman!” I whispered under my breath as Ms. Den had her back turned to me.

“She has super human hearing, I wouldn’t say that too loudly if I was you.”

“Is there something that you would like to say to the class Mr. Way?” the evil woman hissed, still writing on the board in front of her.

Mikey’s eyes were wide and he shook his head in a negative. After a few seconds, he realized she couldn’t see that and spoke. “N-no ma’am.”

I silently giggled and that was followed by the bell ringing. I packed my stuff up and laughed out loud once we were both out in the hallway.

“Oh, my god! That was hilarious!”

“How the hell did I get in trouble when you were the one whispering for her to die?”

I finally stopped laughing and grinned at him. “I don’t know, but it was damn funny, especially the face you made when she spoke to you. It was so cute!” I squealed, giving him a side hug.

“Shut up,” he mumbled, blushing.

“See you at lunch,” I said, giving him a peck on the cheek to embarrass him more and walked off to my Economics class with Mr. Singer.

“How to handle and earn money, who wouldn’t want to learn that?” a boy named Drake said. He sure as hell didn’t look like a boy though, more like a cute giant.

Drake was of African descent, so he had very dark skin and dark brown eyes to match. His accent from when he lived in Africa still clung to him a little bit, and I found that it fit his body very well. Speaking of his body, and how I said he was a giant, Drake could easily pass for around 6’5”, towering over me completely.

“You can never have too much money,” I said as I slid into my assigned seat next to him. He looked over at me and gave me a large, white smile.

“That is very true. I’m Drake, and who might you be lovely?”

I blushed but beamed right back at him. “My name is Envy, nice to meet you Drake.”

“And you as well Envy. That’s a very nice name.”

For that whole period, when the teacher wasn’t talking anyway, Drake and I conversed, learning a lot about each other. The boy was very intelligent, having all honor and AP classes, and acing them all. He even had the evil Ms. Den. Seems she liked him. Drake was also completely polite and I got along with him very well.

When it was time to leave, he went ahead of me and held the door open until I passed through it. I guess chivalry wasn’t dead after all.

“Thank you very much Drake.”

“You’re very welcome darling.”

We smiled at each other one more time before we went our separate ways. On the route to my chorus class, I saw Frankie leaning against some lockers and talking to a cute bleach blond girl. When he spotted me, he waved me over.

“Hello Frankie,” I greeted.

“Hey Envy, let me introduce you to this lovely lady. Alice, this is Envy.”

“It’s nice to meet you Envy. I don’t believe I’ve seen you around the school before, and let me tell you, I know almost everyone here. Are you new?”

Alice’s high pitched voice hurt my ears, but I continued to be courteous.

“Yes, I moved here a week or so before school from California.”

“Oh, California huh? I’m surprised you’re as pale as you are…”

“I guess I just don’t tan very well. I’ll see you later Frankie, don’t forget that we’re all going to my house after school.”

I added the last part for Alice’s sake and I could feel her baby blue eyes glaring into my back as I walked away.

I just made it into the classroom before the bell rang and saw Taylor waving at me as I did so. I sat next to her and gave her a look.

"Why didn’t I see you in here yesterday?” I inquired, looking around for the teacher. Was he absent again today?

“I knew Mr. Smith wasn’t going to be here, because he never is on the first day, so I skipped.”

“Makes sense.”

“Wow, there are a lot of new people in the class this year, Smith is going to be super busy with all these girls on his hands."

“Why is that?” I asked, curious. Taylor just smirked and pointed to the front of the class room.

“Oh, my god…”

At the front of the classroom was probably the most gorgeous man on earth. Okay, that’s an exaggeration, but still. He was a very tall man with long legs covered by black slacks with a crisp white shirt tucked into them. Mr. Smith had ear length black hair that framed his face and fell into his ocean blue eyes. He also had a normal skin tone and was all in all just plain beautiful! I felt Taylor’s finger push my mouth closed and I blushed.

“That’s why.”

But he handled everything very well, smiling at the girls as they fawned over him. I’m sure he was very used to this. When we left the class, all I could say was, “Wow.”

Taylor laughed at me and gave me a bump with her hip. “I was exactly like that my Freshman year when he first started teaching, but he’s untouchable. This one chick tried to make him have sex with her, but he reported her and everyone in the whole school knew about it. Her parents took her away and moved because they were so ashamed.”

“Can you really blame her though? He’s the man of every young girl’s fantasies! “

“What about young girl’s fantasies?” a male voice behind me said. Turning around, I saw Mr. Smith standing there with that smile on his face and I flushed. I saw Taylor silently laughing beside me from the corner of my eye.

“Um- nothing Sir! If you’ll excuse me, I have to rush off to my next class!”

As I was running off, I heard the man behind me say, “Was it something I said?” and the loud laughter of Taylor.

This was Karma for making fun of Mikey earlier, wasn’t it?
♠ ♠ ♠
_Comment_