Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Well... Shit

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 071

Well... Shit

"No."

"Come on Envy, you know that—"

"No."

"If you would just listen—"

"How many times do I have to say no before you two finally understand that I don't want to go along with this stupid plan of yours?" I huffed, crossing my arms over my chest and glaring at the two girls that stood before me.

"Oh, come on! You know it's a good idea," Taylor defended.

"No, if I thought it was a good idea, then I would have agreed."

"You're just being a pain in the ass as usual," Roxy pointed out.

"You have to at least give him a try—"

"Here, let me say it to you in Spanish. NO."

They could argue with me all they wanted, but I was not going to fall into the trap that they had so evilly thought of. I may have been easily persuade to do things by my friends because they had that nagging effect on me, but there was no way in hell that they were going to pull me along for this. I did not want to ride, and therefore, I would not. No matter how much begging or groveling they did, I was not going to bend for this. I didn't see why they didn't understand that.

"Now you're just being hard headed. You know we're only trying to make you happy," Taylor sighed, ruffling her curly blonde hair.

"I am happy, just the way I am."

That wasn't a lie either. It had been a couple weeks since my little breakdown—if that's what you could call it—in front of Jeremy, and since then, a lot of pressure has been taken off from my shoulder. Yeah, I still sometimes felt overwhelmed by the mass of things that I had to do in a week's time, but knowing that I could control myself, that I didn't have to beat myself ragged, was really good. I was enjoying more time with my friends at school, and I was even connecting more at work. Hell, my grades were even doing better than I thought they would fair. I was very happy for things to be back to normal. The homework load had dwindled down to almost nothing on most days, Jeremy had finally helped me dwindle down the choice for my final song, and my friends were my friends again.

But then these two came along and tried to mess everything up for me. Did they not understand that my life was fine without their intervention? The way that they kept nagging me, I could only guess a no.

"Why do I have to do this?"

"Because you need to live a little! High school is about having fun with the boys! Come on, even Taylor is going to be with someone on Valentine's Day."

Ugh, the worst day of the year, in my opinion. Well, Black Friday was a close second, but my hatred for the love day went over that just a bit. It was that time of the year where happy couples made lonely and unhappy singles even more depressed about their life. I was fine, I didn't need a date with a random stranger. I had spent every Valentine's Day alone, and I was completely fine.

"Don't you understand that we want you to be happy with someone? It's not like it's a forever lasting thing, it's just one date with a guy I know you will think is very cute."

I gave Roxy my unamused eyes, and her face wavered a bit. "You two just don't get that I'm happy being by myself. It's just a regular day when you're single, and I am perfectly okay with that. No amount of your moaning and complaining is going to change that. I love you both dearly; you know I do, but I'm going to get angry if you continue to push this on me. And you don't want me angry."

"Why, do you get ten times bigger and turn green?"

I blinked at Taylor, the girl who had just made a joke, and couldn't help the surprise laughter that came from me. In the middle of an argument, she had found time to make jokes. It was Tay, that's what she did the best.

"Fine, I guess we get what you mean. But you can't really blame us for trying."

"I can, and I probably would have. I'm glad you all have someone to hang out with, but it's just not my thing. I'll spend a nice Monday at home, resting like we were meant to."

"You're completely and utterly infuriating, you know that?"

"I can only try," I teased, making both of them smile.

"Are you sure you're going to be okay by yourself?"

"Oh my god, can we just get off this topic before my head explodes? Jesus, life goes on after one day."

They both glanced at each other, sharing a look that I didn't understand. It was a quick look, and they came back to me with a shrug. "Whatever the princess wants."

"You better believe I'm a princess," I mumbled.

~~~~~~

"What?! The old man was behind it the whole time? This is just, just—"

"Jeremy, I honestly can't believe you've never seen Toy Story 2. How do you not watch the sequel after watching the amazingness of Toy Story?" I questioned, though I did not have the full attention of the teen boy beside me.

His eyes were still glued to the TV, a big indication that he really had never seen this movie before, but he was answering my questions well enough that I couldn't complain.

"I wasn't that impressed by the first movie, so I didn't want to see the second one. But this is way more amazing than the first one was."

I gaped at Jeremy, who still wasn't looking at me, and wondered if I should call blasphemy in what he just said. Toy Story was, like, the god to teenagers. Okay, maybe not, but I felt like it was an extremely good movie, and my friend had just insulted me—sort of.

I 'humph'ed my displeasure at him and curled up on myself while the film continued on. We had already gotten to the part where Buzz was racing to save Jesse from the plane. I guess I had been a little in my own thoughts longer than I had anticipated.

I looked over at Jeremy again and saw that he was, literally, on the edge of the sofa, his eyes wide while he prayed audibly that they would save Jesse. I snorted at him, trying to control my laughter so he could finish, or at least see them save Jesse.

His eyes flicked over at me, giving me an unfinished and a not so terrifying glare before turning back to the screen. I couldn't help but grin. It was nice being with one of my best friends like this, doing something silly instead of wasting my free time doing unnecessary work. I had relaxed a lot, and it was the help of this boy right here that I was having this much fun; even if I was being ignored by him at this exact moment.

The movie soon came to a close and Jeremy sighed contently, falling against the back of the sofa with a smile on his face. "That was a really good movie. Do you think they'll make a third one?"

I shrugged my shoulder at his question. "I'm not really sure, I don't have homies that work with the Pixar company."

"You are such a smart ass," Jeremy replied, rolling his eyes at me and laughed.

I giggled at him and nodded my head.

"It's what I do best."

"And what I do best is torturing you."

It was all teasing, but my eyes widened when I saw him making a move to get up and come at me, and like the quick girl I was, I bolted out of my place before he could reach me and was on the other side of the couch. I had a feeling that if he tried to come after me the way I came, we'd be playing that game where we run around the couch trying to run away from/catch the other.

"Run like the wind, Bullseye," Jeremy whispered before jumping over the couch.

I made that high pitched squeal that only girls seemed to be able to do and scrambled away as fast as I could, even though I was shocked he actually jumped over the couch. I only made it to the first stair that lead to safety when I felt Jeremy's arm around my stomach. In that second, he pulled me back so easily while I half-heartedly tried to struggle.

"Nooo!" I whined, reaching out for my safe haven, though there was no chance I was getting there now.

Jeremy threw me back on the couch and leaned over the back of it to glance at me evilly. "What are you going to do now?"

"Nothing," I said with a pout, crossing my arms over my chest and looking away from him.

"Aw, is Envy mad at little ol' Jeremy?"

I laughed and shook my head, probably messing up my hair in the back, but I didn't really care. "No. Okay, maybe."

He came around the couch and laid himself on top of me.

"What can I do to appease you?"

I coughed out the little bit of air that was in my body and cursed the boy in my mind. Damn, he was way heavier than he looked. Since when could someone so tall and skinny seem as heavy as a sumo wrestler? I coughed again and managed out a sentence.

"Get off of me," I wheezed.

The teen laughed and lifted himself up a little, but didn't sit up all the way. As long as his fat ass was off of me, I didn't really care about the rest. I took in a big breath and let it out slowly, taking pleasure in being able to breathe once again.

I looked up above me and was about to say something witty—or what I thought would be witty—but was stopped by the emotion in Jeremy's eyes as I locked gazes with him. There was no teasing in those eyes now; because they had suddenly turned more serious then I had seen them in a long time. It took two tries, but I finally found my voice.

"What's up with the stare?" I got out, but it sounded shaky, even to me.

"I'm still trying to figure out how to explain it," he said, letting his mouth lift in a crooked smile, "Put bluntly, I like you Envy, a lot."

"Jeremy, I—"

He sat up then, giving me my space thankfully, but stopped me from continuing on.

"We're best friends, remember? I know some of the things you're going to say. I know you don't want a relationship right now, not unless it was with Frank because you're in love with him," his fists clenched when he said his name, but he controlled his anger, "even though he doesn't deserve it after everything he's done to you, but you at least had to know that just because Frankie is stupid and doesn't realize you like him, doesn't mean that other guys can't want you. I'm one of those guys."

His big hand stroked my face, his thumb dong most of the work, and I knew what was about to happen. Oddly, I didn't stop it, but leaned in and let Jeremy kiss me. And I, Envy Moore, who was in love with Frank Iero, kissed him back.

Well… Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Before you come at me with torches, wait until the next chapter when everything is explained. You may not hate me as much
But I'm pretty sure you won't be happy either.

Is it bad that I enjoy torturing you all?