Let My Heart Rest In Pieces

Timeline

Let My Heart Rest In Pieces 093

Timeline

Chapter 002

“Bro, that is nasty as hell.”

“What? No it’s not! It’s totally a normal guy thing to do. Not like you would know, because you’re so effeminate.”

Mikey had a hurt look on his face, and I think the jab that the curly haired man had just made had shocked the lanky boy into silence, that way he couldn’t defend himself against the attack. Not like he would have been able to anyway, because we all knew he was the weakest and feminine out of us all. Our group laughed at him, the sound of male laughter filling up the small room. We were interrupted when Mrs. Way yelled up the stairs to us. Well, not us, but to Gerard. She had been doing it all night when she wanted him to meet the people coming to the party.

“Ugh!” he groaned, getting up. “I thought everyone had already come?”

“They should all be here,” Mikey pondered, finding his voice again and changing the subject at the same time. “Maybe it’s the neighbors? We did just get new ones.”

“Couldn’t they have come when I wasn’t comfortable?” the man child whined, making it seem like so much effort to get up and go down stairs. I laughed at him and patted him as he was on his way out. That was Ger for you, such a lazy ass.

The four of us left continued to talk, once again about Mikey because he had tried to get the attention off him, and by the time we heard footsteps coming up the stairs, Mikey was close to pouting and never talking to any of us again.

Gerard walked back through the door and we greeted him like he had just come into the party, because that’s how idiotic boys like us greeted each other, and Gerard rolled his hazel eyes.

“We have a guest with us guys. This is our new neighbor, Envy Moore.”

The giant stepped aside to reveal a girl, who we all could guess was Envy. As boys, I was pretty sure we were all checking her out before we were even going to say hello, and I had to admit that I liked what I saw. She was in fall colored shorts and shirt that showed off her body in a modest way, but left teenage boys like Mikey and me wanting to see more. Looking up the rest of her body, I saw that she had deep brown hair that matched her chocolate eyes, which looked a little uncomfortable.

“Envy, this is Ray, Mikey, Frank, and Bob; in that order.”

“Nice to meet you all,” she said, sounding a little shy. Thank god, I was waiting for her to be the biggest bitch in the world. Being shy only boosted my opinion of her.

Everyone said hello in the order that they had been introduced by Gerard, and when it came to my turn, I was idiot enough to only say “Yo”. Wow, was I smooth with the ladies or what? I mean, I was, but apparently not when it came to Envy,

Mikey took the privilege of asking what year she was, seeing as she was going to our school, and ended up teasing me when we all learned she was a senior. It must have been some kind of sick revenge for the teasing earlier, which I had barely been a part of. It would be my luck to be one of the only juniors in our group of friends.

“Shut up, will you? Just because I’m the youngest…”

“How old are you Frank?” Envy asked, her attention completely on me for a moment, which made me smirk and try to gain my Ladies Man reputation back.

“I’m 17, but I’m turning 18 on Halloween.”

Our night continued on with questions for the girl, though some ended up being completely ridiculous and improper to ask a girl, never mind one we had just met. However, Envy was cool about it all and took it all in stride. She even seemed to enjoy our kind of humor, which was rare to find in a girl. Not a lot of females could stand us, seeing as we only had two girls in our group of friends.

All too soon, the cute brunette was on her way out, much to my displeasure. Ger took the opportunity to offer our help when we heard that Envy still needed to unpack her belongings, and then we all said our goodbyes. Once the door closed, Mikey and I started our evaluation on her

“Dude, she was smoking hot,” Mikey said first, and I could hear him sighing in pleasure like a girl with a crush on the head football player.

“Totally. I’m so jealous she’s your neighbor. All I have to look at is Mrs. Lock, and we all know what she looks like.”

“Whoa, guys, Envy is totally off limits,” Bob announced, putting the brakes on my plan to woo the girl.

“What, why?” Mikey whined, being the first one to find a flaw in this whole thing. Hell, I totally seconded his question.

“She’s a friend, not a girl to just bag and dump. She’s long term because she’s cool and the fact that she lives next door,” Gerard agreed, giving us glares. “I don’t really want her to hate me because one of you idiots messed it up for us.”

He was only saying that because he wasn’t interested in her, rather another one of our teen friends, and that was so unfair. No matter how much I griped about it, I could see the logic in their thinking. She was going to be around us a lot, and it was better to have a friend than a girl who thought we were dicks. But still, the great Frankie wasn’t used to having boundaries when it came to girls. It didn’t help that she was more interesting than the annoying cheerleaders or other uninteresting and dry girls at our school.

It was going to be hard to stay away from a temptation like Envy Moore.

Chapter 008

Today was Friday, I had just had an amazing gig at our mall—even though I decided to quit the band—and my day couldn’t have gotten any better than it was right now. Mostly because I was finished on the night riding with Envy back home and I was having the time of my life.

After first meeting her and spending more quality time with her—through helping her unpack and through school—she had become a regular in our lives in only a matter of a week. The girls loved her because there was another girl in our group who could help put up with all the boys, and the boys loved her because she could act just like us sometimes. It’s like she had been made for us and we were all loving it.

I was especially loving our time together right now. We were riding around town like bad asses, in a mini-van, and we were coming up with jokes and life stories for the people that we saw around us. During the whole ride we weren’t quiet once and I was pretty sure most of the noise we made was laughter from the ridiculous things we were coming up with. It was a little sad that it was all coming to a close as we coasted into my drive way.

“Okay, there you are sir, one free ride home.”

“Free, huh? You’re not going to try and take advantage of me in the dark?” I asked the girl in all seriousness, trying not to show the smirk that desperately wanted to come out. She looked at me dumbfounded for one moment before she burst into loud laughter.

“You’ve been watching too much porn,” she bluntly stated, “That doesn’t happen in real life.”

Well damn, I thought it might work. It always did in porn. “Damn,” I said aloud, “that’s always been one of my fantasies.”

“You’re stupid,” she replied with an eye roll, something I had come used to from her, as well as the other girls. An evil thought came to my mind, something that would probably come and bite me in the ass if someone else found out about it, but I was reckless and acted on the thought anyway.

“Well, I known one way I can repay you.”

Envy went to question me but I wasn’t really paying attention to what she was saying. All my focus went to her lips, and that I was about to kill her. It wasn’t for very long because if I got started, I wasn’t going to stop, but I could taste her on my lips seconds after I pulled away from the kiss.

“I’ll be seeing you them,” I said normally, not waiting for her to say anything before dashing into my house. I leaned against the front door and thought about what I had just done.

I had kissed Envy Moore.

Chapter 012

I really was an idiot, wasn’t I? Why didn’t I listen to myself when I said I was going to do something I was going to regret? The kiss, no matter how fabulous or short, had been a mistake. Not because I didn’t enjoy it or that I didn’t want it, because I liked it and wanted more, but because our group of guys had labeled Envy off limits. Hell, even Bert, Jepha, Dan, and Quinn had been roped into the discussion and had solemnly agreed that she was. Envy was just too perfect as a friend to have one of us fuck everything up if we ended up hurting her.

But damn it, did I want more than ever to just say screw it to the ban and kiss her over and over again. However, because the guys were respecting it more than I was, I realized that I needed to keep to it too. I wasn’t one to kiss a girl for no reason, but Envy didn’t know that, so I could always pretend.

I just wasn’t expecting her to question me at school about it, forcing me to lie to her. I also wasn’t expecting her to brush it off like it was nothing. Girls being girls, I would have thought she would have gone into it, about how she had loved it so much and thought we could do it again. Okay, that’s probably not how it would have gone, but I was expecting something else other than her saying I had cooties. I guess I deserved getting hit in the nose with a volleyball, no matter how many times she said it was an accident. However, with her strong personality, I just thought she would have demanded the real answer from me. I guess I was wrong.

It was still bothering me though. I didn’t have anyone to talk to about it, because I didn’t need my ass kicked by my friends for breaking our rule, so I could only deal with the problem myself. I was enjoying a nice skate on my board to help get the thoughts out of my head, but her behavior was the only thing I could actually think about.

Which probably explained why I ran into someone skating.

I hit the ground pretty hard, though it wasn’t hard enough for me to be seriously hurt, but I was groaning. God, was I an idiot. My mom had warned me about this kind of thing. She was going to rub it in my face when I told her about this incident.

“What the hell Frank?” Envy’s voice asked, something I wasn’t expecting to hear. I opened my eyes and stared up at her as she looked down at me.

“You know, you’ve been the cause of a lot of pain today. First my nose, now this?”

“Excuse me?” she scoffed, looking offended, “You were the one who ran, excuse me, skateboarded, into me! And the volleyball thing was an accident!” I still didn’t believe that last part.

Realizing I was being an idiot by accusing her for this when it was my fault, I got up and apologized for not paying attention. Even if she was the reason I ran into her.

We bickered for a moment or two about whose fault it really was for running into one another—except I knew it was mine—but I stopped when I noticed that there was fresh blood on the ground.

“Is that a pool of blood?”

Envy inspected the puddle and then her arm and I saw a nasty scrape that I had caused and winced. That looked pretty painful.

“Crap, that scrape was more serious than I thought.”

“Shit, I’m so sorry! Here, I’ll take you to my house and get you cleaned up!”

“I’ll be fi—ah!”

I wasn’t going to let the brunette deter me from patching her up, seeing as her wound really was my fault no matter how much I argued, and dragged her the little distance to my house, where I knew my mom was. She was a nurse and could easily fix up the wound.

While my mom was fixing her up, she kept periodically sending me questioning looks. I knew she was super curious and was going to ask so many questions after the girl was gone, but right now I knew she was mostly focused on helping Envy.

“How did this happen exactly?”

“I was walking home and Frank ran into me while he was skateboarding.” Damn it Envy!

“I’ve told you a thousand times to pay attention when you ride that thing!”

“I know!” I tried to defend while my mom glared at me, “I just got distracted for a second—“

“And you wonder why I don’t let you drive my car.”

I pouted and the two women only continued to tease me from there. That taught me to never help Envy again; she was only going to make me pay for my stupidness in the end. Unfortunately, the two seemed to bond over this experience, meaning I was going to get questioned like I was a wanted criminal, and I really didn’t want to be alone with my mom. However, Envy said she had some things she needed to get done and left. There was only silence in the house for a second before the interrogation began.

“Frankie—“

“Mom, please don’t,” I moaned, turning around to try and run away to my room. Yes, because I was mature like that.

“You know I have to, I’m your mom!” she shouted, catching me before I could reach my sanctuary. Damn her for being fast. “You like her. You so like her.”

“Stop it mom!” I could feel my face start to burn with a blush, but all my mom did was smirk at me. I hated that smirk, even if she was the one that taught me my own.

“I only know because you’re acting all embarrassed. Not so smooth when it comes to girls you actually like, huh?” Mom teased, being the annoying mom that I loved, though I wondered why.

“I’m done talking about this!” I exclaimed before moving past her to lock myself in my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Readers? WHA! What are you doing reading another chapter after I just updated yesterday? (If you know where that intro is from, we will be best friends)

I wanted to not make you guys wait so long for the first chapter of Frankie's POV, that way you can start to get used to it :] As you can see, it's not going to be chapter by chapter. Only the important parts. That way we don't reach 200... xD