Status: Updating Weekly :)

Sinking Dusk

Chapter 15

I held my breath; he was waving his arms all around spreading his scent around the room and washing it all over me. It was hard to have the right reaction while being stunned by Kade’s scent.

I watched as the fury bubbled in his eyes for a moment until he seemed lose his momentum and his eyes calmed. I waited; I wanted to see if there was anything else he had to say. I was no longer trying to leave; I was just watching and waiting for Kade.

I stared as Kade’s face met the table, what a funny child.

“I would like it very much if we could be friends Kade” I leaned in and placed my hand on the table.

I edged my hand forward; I could feel the heat of his skin the closer I got.

I felt the pinpricks of hot electricity as I touched his skin for the first time, I almost pulled back from shock, I almost pulled him from want.

My hand brushed over his and I felt the perfect soft silk of his skin, so thin and breakable, he was so fragile, I only realised it completely once I’d felt it under my own fingers, my unbreakable skin.

His head shot up looking at me in shock; I drew my hand away, missing the feeling of him instantly. This need was worst than my stalking of him.

I’d felt human skin before in my immortal body but I’d never had such a strong yearning to repeat the action. However I knew this was just the effect Kade on me, it didn’t change it none the less.

His eyes asked me questions, his mouth stayed silent; I could almost hear his mind whirring.

Finally he answered me; he slowly moved his own hand forward and laid it on my own, I wondered briefly if my icy skin repulsed him but I chased that thought away and stared at his hand upon mine in awe, no human had ever reached out to touch me like this before, he was so gentle.

The feeling of his touch was magnificent, like small explosions on my hand; I could feel the tremors of his hands; though humans were constant tremors, unable to keep perfectly still, another distinction between us.

“What have you done to me Serena?” he whispered to himself, but me it was much louder.

I stayed silent, spellbound and terrified, what could he mean? Nothing I had tried seemed to work on him, even my gift; he was much stronger than I had ever been.
♠ ♠ ♠
Forgiveness

Please read my newest story and tell me what you think :)

Comments?