Sequel: A Burning Desire

Pieces of Me

New friends

I yawned and leaned over my desk. Math class, my worst enemy. I looked up at the clock. We only had about two minutes left, I thought it would never come to an end. I looked over at Sophie. She rolled her eyes. I made a gun with my hands and held it up to my head and pretended to pull the trigger.

Sophie nodded and the bell finally rang. It was Friday, but as usual we still had homework. I swung my backpack over my shoulders and headed to the door with Sophie.

After Gerard had waken up and we were all better I was forced to come to boarding school. It was down in Santa Cruise, pretty close to the beach actually. I went with the guys to the airport see them off. My uncle had arranged for someone to drive me to Santa Cruise.
I gave all of them a hug and watched as they boarded the plane.

As their plane took off I watched, hoping my uncle would change is mind and send me on one after them, but no such luck.

My new school, Saint Johns High, was filled with ambercrombie, pop and rap listening preppy kids. I felt lost. I missed the guys as soon as I stepped into the campus. I didn't meet George until bumping into him at lunch. After helping each other up and we introduced ourselves. I met Sophie, my one of two best friends, and only friends through George.

"Hey can you help me touch up my hair?" Sophie asked as we went into the girl's dorms. Sophie died her hair black, her actual hair color was a dark brown. I nodded as we headed up stairs to our dorm.

Sophie and George were my two best and only friends. They had been best friends before me and now I was part of our own little "emo kids group". We always get called the emo kids. I've tried to stop cutting myself, and Sophie doesn't cut at all, the only one who really does is George. We opened our room with our key.

"Hey Gie," said Sophie. He was sitting on my bed upside down reading some teen magazine.

"Oh my god isn't he gorges?" he asked and showed a picture of Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz to us.

"Yeah," Sophie said as she took out some sweats from her drawers. Oh yeah, George is gay, which really brought me down the first time I met him. I thought he was one of the hottest guys I had ever met.

"Hey Gie, did you write down the history homework?" I asked as I threw my backpack to my side of the room.

"No, I fell asleep too," he said as he turned the page to the magazine. Fuck, Mrs. Ginge is going to kill me. I can't help falling asleep in her class, it's just so boring.

Sophie changed into her sweats and turned on the water in the sink and put her head under the foset.

"Better watch her so she doesn't drown herself," George said as he looked over to Sophie. I chuckled and helped Sophie wet her hair. I could see her brown roots begin to stick out of her head.

George turned on the radio and My Chemical Romance's Helena came on. It sounded better live.

That's another thing. No one here at this school knows I traveled with the guys. George had come out to his parents that he was gay during those two months, and they threw him out of the house, so he as stuck wondering the streets and didn't get a chance to watch the news or anything. Sophie was with her aunt in England so she didn't hear about it either, and the rest of the school doesn't care.

***

We headed out of our dorm to our favorite restaurant. We don't really like the schools food and we all have jobs. Mine is at a Starbucks. I guess I chose it because it reminded me of the guys, and the pay isn't all that bad.

We sat down at a table that the server lead us to. We all loved Chinese food.

"So what are you guys going to be doing for thanksgiving?" Sophie asked as she sipped the tea the waitress had put down for us.

It had been almost a year since I left for school and the guys had gone home. I was in touch with all of them, through email and IM. I hadn't seen them hough since they left. I really wanted to but I didn't have the money to stay at a hotel over there and none of them had invited me to stay over there.

"My sister invited me over, my parents still aren't over the fact I'm gay," George said as he put the menu down. I don't know why he even bothered to look, we all knew what we wanted.

Both of them looked towards me. I shrugged.

"I think I'm just going to stay here," I said

"Roxy, you can come visit my family with me," Sophie invited. Sophie's family was nice, from what I've heard. They sent her out here because of how well the school is in academics. But she still maintains her very high C point average.

"Nah, I'm okay," I lied.

"What about your friends Jared, Michael and all of them?" George asked. In all my emails I have to call them by names like that, for this exact reason, George is extremely nosy.

"I don't have enough money for a hotel room and I don't want to ask to come over unless they invite me," I said as the waitress came back over to take our orders.