Sequel: A Burning Desire

Pieces of Me

Early Christmas

When Laura was around hanging around Gerard was awkward. Usually I would stray away from them both and just hang out in my room, remembering the tour. I was depressed that it had taken me this long to realize that I really did like Gerard. I was depressed that he already had a girlfriend. I could see she was everything I wasn't. She was glamorous. She looked like a model from New York, she was tall, skinny, and she had a fashion sense of a model.

I went into Gerard's room and starred into a big mirror they had in a corner. I had seen Laura apply her lipstick in it. My reflection starred blankly back at me. We were so different. I stroked my dark hair, it was soft and nice, but nothing compared to Laura's soft light brown angel hair. I was skinny but I was pale and I dressed in mostly dark colors. I remember how Gerard looked at me funny when Anne tricked me into wearing Ambercrombie clothes.

He didn't like them on me, but on Laura---. I put my hand on the mirror. What would it take to make him see? But I can't tell him. I wanted to smash the mirror, I wanted the girl who starred back at me to become what Gerard thought was beautiful.

I walked back out of the room, Laura had to work today and Gerard was downstairs.

"Hey." he said as I sat on the couch where he was sitting.

"You seem more quiet than usual." he said as I leaned my head on the couches arm and pulled up my feet.

"I haven't noticed." I lied and watched the t.v screen.

He clicked his tongue and ran his hand through his hair.

"Guess what I got in the mail?" he asked as an impish smile came to his lips.

"Your present." he said with out waiting for me to guess. He mentioned over to the corner of the room where my present I had gotten him was already opened.

"Thanks." he said looking over at the art set I had bought him. It wasn't the best one but it was the best I could afford.

"Hey that was supposed to be for Christmas." I smiled and sat up.

"Which means," I said as I got up and ran to my room.

"I get to open mine!" I yelled from the room while I tried to step over the boxes and open the closet.

"Does not!" he yelled. I could hear him run back to the room. I laughed as I grabbed one of my presents wrapped in a shiny green wrapping paper that had little Santas on it. I looked back when he burst into the room and he tripped over a box. He landed with a huge thud and looked up at me, a huge smile spread over his face.

I began to tug at a red ribbon bow that only Gerard could have tied it was so knotted up. He grabbed my pant leg and tried to get up using me to support himself.

"Put it down." He laughed and reached for the present in my hands.

"Never." I laughed as I tore at the paper revealing a Macy's box. What the hell Macy's? I raised my eyebrow but then remembered that I was still fighting to open it. Gerard jumped up and managed to jump on my back which caused me to fall, which caused the box to be thrown across the roomm. Gerard quickly got up but pinned me to the floor with one hand on my back.

" It's mine." I laughed as he tried to get the present with his foot. I tried to get up but he held me down and he was pretty strong.

"On Christmas it will be." he corrected me. He somehow managed to strecch his leg far enought to move the box closer to him. He quickly got up and snatched the box. I got up and laughed.

He was holding the box by the top. I went and smacked the top of the box in his hands, causing the bottom part containing the real present to drop onto the floor. He looked at the floor.

"Oh shit." he said as he tried to scoop up the box. I beat him and dove for it wrapping my whole body around it.

"Thanks." I smiled as I got off and picked up the clothes inside.

The first item of clothing was a black tangtop from Hot Topic. I guess Hot Topic didn't have boxes to put the clothes in it. The next were pants that had chains around the legs. I had seen these pants im Hot Topic before. I had wanted to but them but I didn't have enough money, Hot Topic could be a little expensive.

"Oh thanks Gee!" I said and got up and hugged him. He smile dup at me and hugged me back. His body engolfed mine as we hugged and I savored every second, afraid to let go.

"Kay you opened one." he smiled and I let go. I tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear and blushed. Great that damn blushing thing is back.

A/N: K I KNOW IT'S SHORT BUT I NEED TO GET READY 4 A FUNERAL YAH......R.I.P GRANDMA CONIE......SWEETEST WOMAN THERE EVER WAS AND THE FUNNIEST. SHE LIKED MCR 2 SO IM GOING TO PLAY HELENA FOR HER AT THE SERVICE