Sequel: A Burning Desire

Pieces of Me

Dinner and Questions

As I looked around the room at all the family pictures that were hanging on the wall I heard someone talking over at the door. Gerard got up and answered the door before they even began to knock.

"Santa's here!" Frank said as he came in in a Santa hat and had a trash bag full of presents.

"Looks like Santa just came from a bar." Gerard chuckled as he shut the door after Ray came in.

"Well maybe he did." Frank said going over to the tree and dumping the presents under the tree. I laughed to myself and watched as Mikey came in from the kitchen covered in snow.

"Mom have you clear the drive way?" Gerard asked as Mikey shook himself on the rug. He nodded and unzipped the coat he had on. He plopped down on the couch next to me and looked at me.

"You're quiet." he said as he hugged me.

"Merry Christmas." he said after he pulled away.

"You too." I said and turned my attention back to the t.v.

"Oh by the way Roxy, I got your present." Ray said looking over at me.

"Thanks." he said. I had gotten him a new game for his game cube they had gotten while they were on tour, I can't really remember which game but he had said he had wanted it.

"Oh no problem Ray." I said.

"Oh yeah I got mine too!" Frank said as he checked all the presents under the tree for his name. He was putting all the ones that had his name into a pile over by the fire place that had a warm blazing fire in it. It wasn't until then that I noticed he had one of the few lip rings that I had gotten him was on his lip next to the candy cane he was sucking on. He smiled to try to show it off.

"Did everyone open their present early?" I asked as I looked around at them. They all nodded.

"Except for Bob, he took his with him, I think." Ray said getting up to go to the kitchen.

"That's not fair, I didn't get to open mine." I said looking over at Gerard.

"Hey shut up, you managed to open that one present." he said pointing over at me with a smile.

"But I even wrote on the da-' I looked over at Mr. Way who was reading the news paper. "uh-darn thing Do not open until Christmas." I said. Mikey laughed and put a hand on my back.

"You actually thought we would listen to that?" he laughed. Of course I didn't think they would listen to it, but still.

''No, I kinda thought you would all open them as soon as you got them." I admitted. The rest of them chuckled.

"Alright guys, dinner." Alicia said as she wiped her hands off with a damp towel. We all got up and headed for the big black table that had those Christmas flowers in the middle of it. I wanted to be as far from Laura as I could get. I sat in the middle of Ray and Mr. Way.

At dinner everyone was either asking for this or that to be past or was just eating. I silently ate my mashed potatoes and turkey that were in front of me. Frank was drowning almost everything on his plate in gravy. I looked up at him and raised my eye brows.

"Everything tastes better like this." he smiled and continued to pour gravy on his food. It looked like it was going to run off his plate soon. Laura ate very daintily. Compared to the rest of us eating she seemed like she was a princess or something.

"So Roxanne;" began Mr.s Way.

"Oh call me Roxy, Mrs. Way." I said as I wiped my mouth with a napkin.

"Of course, and you can call me Donna." she smiled as she took her glace to sip her wine.

"How's school for you?" she asked, putting her wine glass back down and began to cut her turkey.

"Nothing really knew, except the fact that I live there." I said and took a drink of soda from my glass.

"Every kids nightmare." Mr. Way said not looking up.

Gerard laughed, food still in his mouth. He quickly realized he hadn't swallowed his food yet and closed his mouth.

"It's not that bad, I actually kind of like our dorm." I said

"Our, dorm?" Donna asked as she looked up at me.

"I share a dorm with my best friend, Sophia, and some times my friend George." I said as I looked back down at the stuffing Alicia made me put onto her plate. She said she had worked on it all morning, I had taken about three bites but I just generally never liked stuffing.

"George?" Mr. Way asked with a raised eye brow. I remember that look. The "Who are you dating and why are you dating, you're to young." look. Dad had given me that look when he managed to get a hold of my diary when I was fifteen. I had written down my crush's name at the time, Dylan.

"Oh, he-" I began but Mikey cut me off.

"Roxy's got a boyfriend!" He teased. Alicia elbowed him in the side.

"Ow! What was that for woman?" he asked in shock.

"That's rude." she said giving him a stern look.

"Oh, like your never rude." he said smiling quickly afterward. I chuckled to myself.

"Well actually, George's gay." I said looking back up to see there, meaning Donna and Mr.Ways reaction.

"That's what she says." Ray muttered as he raised his glass to his mouth.

"He is really cute, but yeah." I admitted blushing a little. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Gerard almost gag on his food when I said that.

"So you admit it!" Frank said smiling up at me.

"O.k I admit it, I'm a girl and I can't help but look, but the guy's gay." I said looking up at him.

"It's like having the house full of teens again." Mr. Way muttered.

I quickly shut my mouth and continued eating while everyone else laughed. Mr. Way must have seen my reaction toward what he had said.

"Oh I didn't mean to you personally Roxy. It's just when these guys come back home, well that's exactly how it is.'' he said giving me a reassuring look.

"We love you too Richard." Alicia said smiling.