Sequel: A Burning Desire

Pieces of Me

You Can't Hide It Forever

I ran up the empty stairs, the silence was a welcome relief. The only sound was my breathing, and my heart beating, the ringing of it in my ears. I slowly and quietly opened the doors and then gently closed them. I looked around, a cart of janitorial stuff was in front of a row of seats. I smiled and quietly ran over to it, got onto my stomach and listened as George yelled out the numbers.

"Eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourt-Frank, I hear you running up the stairs!" I stifled a giggle.

Sophie and Ray had brought up the idea to play hide and seek. I jumped for the idea because I could tell Gerard was going to ask me what really happened with my bruises. Before George had even volunteered to count I ran out of the empty arena and out into where the vendors were setting up. I wasn't running from George, but from Gerard.

But again, this is me, the world hates me. I heard the door open and slam close.

"Shit!" I heard him whisper. My stomach twisted into a knot. I hoped he wouldn't see me. I saw his black converse before actually seeing him.

"Move over!" he whispered. And he nudged me over with his own body, his face next to mine. I turned my head with out saying anything

"What, do I have bad breath?" he whispered and chuckled softly.

"Maybe," I whispered and couldn't help but let a half smile show on my lips. I slowly turned my head so I could look at him. He was smiling at me, his eyes were greenish yellow now. They change all the time, mostly with his moods. He laughed softly, and quietly.

"You look pretty today," he said and ran his fingers through my hair. I turned my head around quickly, I was beginning to blush.

"Not that your not pretty everyday!" he whispered quickly, probably thinking he offended me or something.

"It's just, did you do something with your hair?" he asked.

"No, it's just down," I whispered with out turning around.

"Oh," he said. His hand was resting on my shoulder, his angelic touch brought warmth to it. I closed my eyes and slowly and quietly filled my lungs with the seemingly magical air around us.

"Ready, or not, here I come!" George yelled, his voice echoing off the walls.

"He'll never find us," Gerard whispered, then turned his head to look behind him.

"Unless my ass that's sticking out gives us away!" he whispered. And moved closer to me, making me turn onto my side now his whole body was up against mine, and his head was right behind mine. My eyes widened with shock, and it suddenly became over a hundred degrees in the room. Had I died and gone to heaven? That's it, the limo crashed and I'm dead, my dad should be walking in at any minute now.

"You're warm," he said softly. His breath moved little locks of my hair. I held my breath. Oh god, George, please, please don't find us!

"Mmm," was all I said. That's all I could say.

"So, what really happend?" he asked, I could tell by the tone of his voice he was smirking.

"Mmm?" I asked, but knowing exactly what he was asking about. My mind raced to think f something.

"The bruises, stop lying," he whispered.

"Oh, I told you, I fell," I whispered, nearly mumbled it.

"Liar," he whispered softly, next to my ear. My heart was beating as fast as it could. He was doing this on purpose, he knew how to get the truth out of me.

"Look, if you're not going to tell me, I'm just gonna say that if someone did this to you, especially a boy, I will murder him. That bruise is as big as my hand, Angel, there's no fucking way some fall down anything could have given you that," he said, raising his voice.

"Gerard I see you! You too Roxy! Get out from those seats!" George called. Gerard got up, I could still feel his eyes on the bruise he had seen.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its short but my dad is making me leave!!!