Sequel: A Burning Desire

Pieces of Me

Breaking Stubbornness

Sophie sprung from the place on the floor where she sat to pick up the phone. I took another bite of pizza as she answered.

"Hello?" she asked.

"Oh hey Frank how are you?" she asked smiling.

I was wondering if she was going to sneak off with the phone like George and her do almost everyday. I was suspicious about it, wondering if Gerard was on the other end of the phone.

"Pretty good, yea she's rite here. You wanna talk to her?" she asked. I put my slice of pizza down and reached for the phone as she handed it to me.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Hey Roxy!" Frank said happily.

"Hi Franky!" I said back with an equal amount of happiness.

"So did Gerard tell you?" he asked.

"No, he hasn't called, well called me, in a while, but what's the news?" I asked with deep curiosity.

"He moved the wedding date," he said.

"Oh, when's it going to be now?" I didn't even know the original date.

"You guys should really start talking to each other again so the rest of us don't have to do this you know," he said

''But you love me anyways," I smiled.

"Sure," he laughed.

"Umm it's going to be three days after your graduation. So you're gonna be there and see if George and Sophie want to come," he said.

"Um, so, what was the original date?" I asked meekly.

"You guys haven't talked for that long?!?" he asked in disbelief.

"Look one of you needs to apologize, I personally don't care who, and I don't think anyone else does either," he said.

"He's the one who needs to apologize!" I retorted back.

"Hey, I'm not pointing fingers, I'm just saying if you guys are as good a friends as I know you are you'll get over it, what ever it is," he said.

"As soon as he says HE's sorry," I said and put one of my hands on my hip.

Frank sighed, "Gosh, sometimes you can be as stubborn as he is, no even worse than that," he laughed into the phone.

"I am not stubborn," I snapped.

"Keep telling yourself that Rox," he laughed.

I laughed into the phone, "Oh shit, I didn't realize it was six!" he said quickly.

"I'll or someone else will call you guys later! Goodnight!" he said and hung up the phone. I laughed and there the phone on the bed.

"You guys got any nice dresses?" I asked as I sat back down on the floor.

"Oh yes, one that really shows off my perfectly toned legs," George said sarcastically.

"Why?" Sophie asked.

"Gerard's wedding," I said trying my hardest not to turn red from the emotions that were swelling up in me.

"Oh," Was all Sophie said.

Then we dropped the subject for the rest of the night, I guess he might be coming after all. And I can bet she'll be there to, with her beautiful wedding ring gleaming in the sun as I walk across the stage. I was getting used to the thought of him with her, but it still hurt, more than anyone could apprehend.

At night when we were supposed to be asleep I sat up against the beds headboard, wide awake. I wasn't crying, but a few steps away from it. The first thing I wanted to do was see my dad's grave. I would dress in all black, heels, the works, I wanted to have a funeral for him all on my own, since I was still in a coma when the real one took place.

I still don't know where he's buried, but my uncle does so I'll just ask him and I'm sure he'll get me a plane ticket if it's really far. I would bring flowers and would make sure his head stone would look like it did when it was first placed there. I began to wonder what had happened to my dog, probably with one of my relatives.

I began to think if I should buy a new dress for Gerard's wedding, or just go through my clothes and see if I could find something. My gut began to form into a knot. We could have worked out, I know it, I just know it.

I sighed and shifted myself so I was under the blankets all the way. I tried my best no to think of us kissing, him saving me, but somehow before I go to sleep it likes to remind me the one perfect moment we had was the closest I would ever get to him. And that the Safeway brand makeup smears and bleeds really easily.

***

When we woke up the next morning we realized we were late again. So again we ran into the bathroom trying to brush our teeth and hair at the same time. We forgot about privacy and began changing in front of each other, not really caring that each of us was running around in our underwear scrambling to find matching socks and an outfit that doesn't look like a blind person picked out.

I barely had time to put on my make up and pulled my hair into a half up and half down look. I didn't find any socks that matched and had to run out with one back and red one and one solid blue one. We ran out of the dorm, after sliding down the stair's rails, which is actually quicker than the stairs and a whole lot more fun.

We ran past other people's cars and ran into the main campus, splitting up to get to our first period classes. We barley made it. I sat down in my chair out of breath, one more tardy and I can't walk at graduation.

Just two more days of punctuality and I can be late all I want, except for work, I need money. At lunch I found Sophie in line getting her food.

"My science teacher lost her pregnant hamster," She said smiling.

"It was so fun yelling hamster and have half of the girls in class scream and stand on the desks,"

I laughed a little, "Lucky you, turns out Ms. Ginge is in charge of the speeches at graduation, guess who has to say one about how St. John has affected me,"

"What, does she want a fifty paragraph speech on how your jack ass boyfriend abused you?" she asked.

"Maybe," I sighed.

I felt arms wrap around my waist as George leaned his head on my shoulder.

"Hello," I laughed.

"Why do teachers give extra homework even though they know we're not gonna do it when there's two days before graduation?" he asked,

"Because they need something to do," Sophie said and moved up two steps in line.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GERARD'S P.O.V

I sat on the bed not really thinking about anything really. I had managed to stop drinking for a few days so I could help plan the wedding. I didn't want to pick a black and orange cake or hire a clown to sing or something.

I was thinking maybe a small church in London, nothing to big. Maybe something back in Jersey. I wanted something small, but nice. I know all the paparazzi would be there, and many of our fans.

I sighed and groaned in frustration.

"Can't we hire someone for this?" I asked on one in particular.

"I think Laura wants to do it by hand," I heard Alicia say as she came into the room.

"Door wasn't locked," she said as she sat down on the other side of the bed.

"Okay Gerard, what's up?" she asked.

"Just looking for locations," I said scattering a bunch of papers that had pictures of churches, meadows, and a bunch of other places.

"The shark tank one looks very interesting," I said sarcastically.

"No I mean, what's up with you. You're drinking, and drinking way to much," She said starring at the bed's blanket.

"Nothing, just want to have a few drinks is all," I said.

"Have you talked to Roxy since we left?" she asked me, was she a mind reader?

"I wrote to her in her present," I said.

"That was over a month ago, you should at least call her, a fifteen minute phone call won't kill you," She said.

"She's so mad at me, maybe it will," I said.

"Gerard," she said and rolled her eyes.

"Fine, I'll give her a call," I mumbled and scattered the pictures and papers across the bed and pretended to be deeply interested in them. She got up and left.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE BLACK PARADE IS DEAD!!!!!! THANK GOODNESS!!!!

I never really liked that album, don't get me wrong, a few songs are pretty good, it's just.....YAY!!!! WELCOME BACK MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!!! *SQUEE!!!*