Sequel: A Burning Desire

Pieces of Me

She's Back

My uncle sent down a taxi to Gerard's house even though Gerard had offered to drive me home. Tomorrow we had to pick up everyone at the airport. Frank was coming with me to pick up Jamia. On the long way home I was wondering how I was going to tell Sophie and George. Should I even tell them?

I always told them my secrets. If I didn't I'm scared I'll explode. I was tired as you can tell I didn't get much sleep and by some how I was not ashamed to admit that. Well, at least to myself. If it is one thing I have learned it is that all these things happen for a reason. I'm done pleading for Gerard to be with me. I've told him that. And he needs to make up his mind. I'll be waiting for his answer.

***
"Hey, how was last night?" My uncle asked. I was definitely not telling him what had happened. He would see to it that I never saw Gerard again, or maybe never see any of them again. He would probably send me to college in France or something.

"The usual," I said and went into my room to change into other clothes.

"Excited for tomorrow?" he asked.

"Yeah," I called from my room.

I heard the bathroom door open and I could hear someone walk out into the hall. Someone with high heels. A familiar voice called out,

"Alright, I have all the plain tickets until next December," she said.

I hurried up and put my pants on, buckling my belt as I came out and almost took out Uncle Steve's book shelf.

"Hi Roxyn" Marcy smiled at me.

"Haven't seen you in forevern" I said and gave her a hug.

"My gosh, you've really grown. And there aren't any scarsn" she said sweeping my dark bangs from my face.

"I know, I was scared there was going to be a few," I said.

"Well with how pretty you are now, I'm sure no one would have noticed," she smiled and walked over to my uncle at the table.

Marcy was nice but could turn easily when stressed. Of coarse she never meant to be mean or bitchy at times, but stress could sometimes get the better of her.

"So when did you get here?" I asked.

"Earlier around say, ten?" she said looking at my uncle.

"Some where around there," He nodded.

Papers were everywhere on the table, I thought it best not to bother them and let them work. I picked up my cell phone and dialed Sophie's home phone number. Her cell phone had been taken away because of her huge phone bill. I'm sure half of those calls were to me.

"Hello?" a males voice answered.

"Hi, may I speak to Sophie please?" I asked.

"Is this Roxy?" the voice asked.

"Yeah," I said.

"Oh hey it's Kirk," he said.

"Oh hi Kirk, what's up?" I asked.

"Nothing much, just hanging around.So will you be picking us up from the airport?" he asked.

"Yeah, me and Frank," I said.

"Who is it Kirk?" I heard Sophie's voice ask.

"No one!" Kirk said.

"Is it Roxy?" she asked.

"No, why?" he said.

"Yeah it is, you liar! Give me the phone! You can flirt with her tomorrow," I heard Sophie say. There was some scuffling, I could hear them fighting and rolling around from the phone.

"Oof! Hello? Kirk no!" Sophie said into the phone.

"Is it a bad time?"I laughed.

"Nah, Kirk and I are just having a tea party, right Kirky?" she asked.

"I told you not to call me that!" I could hear Kirk yell.

"Aww, what's wrong Kirky? Embarrassed?" Sophie teased.

"Sorry, just playing with my brother. What's up?" she asked.

"Oh nothing, I just need to kill some time," I sighed.

"I was just packing how's the weather down there?" she asked.

"Sunny, can get hot but my uncle has air conditioning so we should be fine," I said.

"Don't tell me we'll be locked in that apartment all day now," she said.

"Nah, we'll shop around and what ever you guys want," I said.

"Oh good," she sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short but at this moment there is a traffic jam in my brain ...writers block.

GAH!!!!