Sequel: A Burning Desire

Pieces of Me

High Heels Baby

***

Today was the day of the wedding. We all had to get there extra early because I was a brides maid. Laura had called me up and said to just come in sweats and no make up. My dress is there and they had makeup artists and hair dressers there that would be waiting for us. The only thing that I had to bring was a small bouquet of flowers that had come to our house. They were red and white roses with blue lace holding them together.

I lay cuddled up next to George's warm back as it slowly rose up and down from him breathing. He began to softly snore and I nudged him with my elbow. He stopped but was still asleep.

Gerard had promised me that he would make his decision before the wedding, and to meet him in the Church's garden. I didn't know if I would be able to steal away. I would try my best though. George was so warm and I was so tired. I fell asleep as he turned around and his baggy shirt practically ate me.

***
I woke up to the sound of my stereo's alarm. I jumped up, only to smack George in the face.

"Ouch!" he yelped in pain.

"Sorry." I yawned.

"No problem." he said.

Warm liquid began to drip on me. I looked down as George's blood began to make red polka dots on my shirt.

"Oh shit!" he said and sat up, cupping his hands over his nose.

I sat up as well as Kirk began to wake up. Sophie was still out. That girl could sleep through a hurricane. The clock read 7:00 A.M. To early for me, but we had to get up.

Like Laura had instructed I only put some sweats on, no makeup and had my hair in a simple pony table. I was waiting for everyone one else to get dressed and went out to the table. Marcy was sitting there.

How weird, I didn't hear her come in. She was in a red dress with matching red and black high heels. My uncle in a tux talking to her. But they didn't have any papers in front of them.

"Morning." I said and went over to the cabinet, pulling out a cereal box.

"Morning Roxy." Marcy said.

"How did you all sleep?" My uncle asked.

"Pretty good I guess." I said.

"Excited about the wedding?" Marcy asked.

"More like nervous." I said.

"You'll be alright. You just have to walk down the isle." My uncle said.

I nodded as I poured the cereal into a bowl and went over to get milk. I turned as I heard foot steps come down the hall. It was George who was also in a tux, a white flower poking out of his collar.

"Well well." I said walking over to him, cereal bowl in hand.

"Aren't I sexy?" He asked as he spun in a circle.

"Completely," I said trying not to smile because I now had a spoonful of cereal in my mouth.

" I think you should just go like that," He said coming over and reaching for the cupboards.

"I am," I said.

'No I mean, walk down the isle and everything," he said.

We faced the wall and he got super close to me.

"Are you going to be alright? I mean with the whole Gerard thing?" he whispered close to my ear.

"I think so," I whispered back.

"We can sneak out early you know Sophie and I won't mind,'' he assured.

"I'll be alright...I hope," I whispered back. Thinking about it made my stomach begin to do flips again. I wouldn't be able to finish my cereal. I dumped it into the sink and washed it down with a frown. It was actually pretty good but I didn't walk down the isle and throw up all over another brides maid...or do I? *insert smirk here*

I heard the clacking of high heels come down the hall. There was Sophie. Her black hair was now a soft shade of brown.

"I died it back," she said smiling and petting the top of her head.

Sophie was breath taking. The best part was you couldn't even see where she had ripped her dress. She would definitely stand out and not just because of her bright dress. Just the way she looked.

"You look great," I said smiling at her.

"Thanks. But these heels are killing me. I'll never be able to dance in them," she said going over to sit with my uncle.

"Just bring a pair of flip flops or something," I suggested.

"I will. Thank you so much Steve. Are you sure I don't have to pay you back? Because I gladly will," she said and smiled.

"Just prove to me you can dance in it as well as you look in it," My uncle smiled.

"Aww, it's a love fest," George said coming over with his bowl of cereal.

"Where's Kirk?" I asked sitting up on the counter.

"Finishing getting ready," Sophie said.

"I don't know who's the little sister of the family, me or him,''she said rolling her eyes.

***

We all piled into a taxi van, my bouquet of roses in my hands. We had put the in the refrigerator to keep them fresh. The lace was softly rubbing against my hand as the wind from the open window blew on it. I don't know if Gerard was going to pick me. As the clock ticks the small amount of hope I have left slips away.

I just hope he knows what he's doing. And if he's confident it'll be better for him, I'll have to make it be better for me as well. Weather he chooses me or not. The church was pretty big. And I could see that the outside was much more beautiful than the inside was.

We piled out of the car. A frantic lady with a clipboard came over.

"Oh let's see," she said as if she was out of breath.

"Are you Roxanne or Emily?" she asked me.

"Roxanne," I said raising the bouquet to my chest.

"When you go into the church go down the hall to the left and go into the room that says "Bridal" the other door is for the groomsmen and the groom," she said then walked off, her chunky heels crushing the pebbles as she went into a side door that lead to some kind of garden.

"So I guess you know where to go," Kirk said coming over, he placed his hand on the back of my elbow.

"Yup," I said and walked in.

As I came to the two doors that faced the each other I heard voices come from each one. I knew I had to walk into the Bridal room. But I looked over at the door with the blue paper that read "Groomsmen" and I really wanted to go in.

I wanted to know what Gerard had decided. I wanted to know whether to finally kill this last string of hope or to celebrate.

I decided to get dressed first. I went into the bridal room. Only two other girls besides Laura was there.

"Oh good you're here. Get your dress on then get to hair and makeup," Laura said and went over to a couch where our dry cleaned dresses were laying on it. She practically threw my dress at me.

I caught it and went into the bathroom to change. I looked at myself in the mirror with my dress on.

"If he chooses her, don't let anybody guess it. If he chooses you, feel free to fucking skip out of this church," I told my reflection. But there was still a sinking feeling in my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
I got his number!!!

and according to Matt he was hella flirting back! Yay!

so now I have his number on my left arm and a bunch of different colors on the rest of my arms (marker fight lol)