What Was Mine is Yours

Reasons For Not Drinking and Driving

Discontent, miserable, bored, angry at the world, were a few things that described Gabbie Summers . She felt as if the cosmos was simply conspiring against her. It was all an evil plan to screw her over and over and over again, until she no longer had the will to go on. Only once before in her life had she experienced such a pure hell, at that was her sophomore year in high school, but she never cared to think about that.

Gabbie lay in her yard, in the yellow and orange leaves of the early autumn, a cigarette in her right hand a bottle of cheap red wine in the other. It was twilight and the pale blue sky was a light with pinks and purples that before tonight she would have marveled at. She knew she was in deep trouble if her mother decide to come home early from her vacation. Hell, she was in trouble no matter what. What would she say when she found out her only child had been suspend from college for drinking. Gabbie knew her mother was not going to be very pleased and that was an understatement . She threw back the last bit of wine and took the last hit of her cigarette, flicking it across the yard into a pile of dry leaves half hoping it would catch them on fire, “ Well, fuck,” she said to herself as she tried to sit up, but it was harder than it looked when you were drunk, “What the hell do I do now? I could get in the car and drive around till I kill myself or get arrested but that will just make my life worse. Cause If I didn’t succeed in killing myself I’m be a quadriplegic murder or I’m just be in jail. Oh I know I can go crash a high school party. Ugh screw that, I can just go buy myself some more booze and not have to deal with the high school drama,” Gabbie said to herself as she pushed open the front door to the two story cookie cutter suburban house that she called, ‘hell on earth’.

Gabbie stumbled through the darkening house, up the stairs and into her room first on the left. She stopped in front of her mirror, her blue eyes were blood shot from drinking all day, and her brown curls had brown crunchy leaves sticking out of them at odd angles, “Ugh, I look like death!” She said picking them out before letting her eye roam over the rest of her reflection, over the tan scarf that covered the hickies that peaked out from the collar of her chocolate leather coat, down to the tight blue jeans and the chocolate leather boots that matched her jacket. Gabbie sighed before grabbing her hand bag and heading out the door. Gabbie was a very pretty girl, she was slim and tall, with an oval face with features most girls would have killed to have; full pink lips, perfectly straight teeth, blue eyes, but she hated herself almost as much as she hated everyone else in the world. She blamed everyone for her problems even the god she didn’t believe in, but she knew it was her own damn fault so she hated herself all more.

It was seven thirty when Gabbie returned to her house form the liquor store. The fake id had come it handy, it was the best investment she had ever made in her mind. Gabbie flung herself into the swing on the porch, and ripped open the cause of Bud Light bottles and twisted off the cap of the her first bottle , and she commenced to chug half of the bottle. Setting the bottle down she pulled open her purse pulling out her pack of Marlboro 100’s. Cigarette in mouth she began to look for her lighter .

“Allow me,” said a voice from the opposite side of the porch, a small flame coming from a silver Zippo lighter in the figures right hand. Gabbie jumped, more from the shock of a man offering to light her cigarette than fro a stranger standing on her porch.

“Who the hell are you?” She asked looking toward the strange figure.

The figure stepped toward Gabbie, in to the light, this stranger was well dressed, the gray pinstriped suit looked as if it had cost thousands of dollars , Around his neck was a red silk tie and in the breast pocket of this suit was a red silk handkerchief . The man was handsome, tall, black hair that was slicked back and black penetrating eyes, a sharp and angler jaw line and a thin and almost pointy nose“Someone you want to hear out,” he said his voice velvety smooth and seductive, it gave Gabbie goose bumps and cause the hairs on the back of her neck to stand on end.

“Are you going to light my cigarette or are you just going to stand there?” Gabbie said looking at the lighter smiling slightly flirtatiously, after all she had done a lot worse than him.

“Here,” He said smiling, lighting the cigarette, “You know those will kill you?”

“Not fast enough,” She said smiling taking another swig of her beer, “ You want one?”

“No thank you, I’ve never been one for smoking,” The stranger said sitting down.

“Oh would you want a beer?”She asked, hoping to party with this handsome stranger.

“Again no thank you.”

They sat in silence for a moment before Gabbie spoke again, “ Do I know you?”

“Not exactly.”

“Do you live around here?” She asked getting slightly irritated.

“Oh, no!” He said shaking his handsome head.

“Then,” Gabbie began opening another beer, “Not to be rude but who are you and what do
you want?”

“I would like to make you an offer,” He began slowly.

“Huh?” Gabbie asked almost spitting out her beer, “I’m not a prostitute.”

“Oh, my dear you misunderstand me.”

“Then what are you talking about?”

“I know that you are terribly upset about getting kicked out of school.”

Shocked Gabbie, stared at him, before speaking, “How did you know about that?”

“I know lots of things, but that’s besides the point, I have a way for you to fix that.”

“And what would that be?” Gabbie asked taking a hit off of her cigarette.

“What if I told you I could give you the power control your world completely?”

“I’d say you were drunker than I am.”

The Man laughed, “ No, my dear, I am completely serious.”

“Really?” Gabbie asked becoming curious, “Just what do you mean by complete control of
my world?”

“Compleat and utter control, what you want you get.”

“Really? And just what would the cost be?” Gabbie asked certain this handsome man was insane

“Your soul.”

Gabbie burst into laughter, “Who are you? The devil?”

“Yes.”

She howled with laughter, “ You’ve got to be kidding, I must be drunker than I thought or crazier than I thought or this isn’t tobacco in this cigarette.”

“And that is exactly what I hate about you modern post enlighten people, you don’t believe in God and so I must not be real either.”

“Oh my God your serious aren’t you,” Gabbie said dropping her beer. Foam and glass flying everywhere.

“Yes. Now you get it.”

“Where’s your , Pitchfork and tail?” She asked smiling, picking up her flirtatious tone again.

“That’s all dramatic, medieval art.”

“What a second, you’re the son of a bitch responsible for all the shitty shit,” Gabbie paused at and thought about what she had said before continuing,” that happens to people?”

“Well technically God allows is but I make it happen.”

“Well gee thanks for getting me kicked out of school in the first place, and thanks for the hair when it rains I have a white girl afro.”

Satin laughed, “ I know I’ve cut you the raw deal.”

“Don’t be so sarcastic, so Lucifer,” Gabbie began crossing her legs, “Just what’s this deal you were talking about?”

“I give you the power to have complete control over your world. You want it you say it, it becomes true.”

“So say I wish I was a princess.”

“You would be a Princess.”

“What if I wished vampires were real.”

“They’d be real.”

“But I’d have to be uber specific when I wish cause I mean you are Satin and you like to
screw people over.”

“Again with the unfair stereotypes.”

“So just what happens to my eternal soul, when I die?”

“It would belong to me.”

“Well duh, but what would happen to me?”

“Souls are such flighty things, you won’t even notice that it doesn’t belong to you anymore.”

“No so say I’m dead do I go to hell then?”

“Well yes, your soul would belong to me.”

“Why should I do this?”

“Because, You’ll get everything you’ve ever wanted, and weren’t you going to kill yourself?
Isn’t going to hell having had everything you ever wanted in life better than going to hell for just taking your life?”

“Why, Lucifer, you do have a point, do I have to sign in blood I hate blood.” Satin laughed at her only reservation, being about blood.

“And Sir, you know I prolly should do this since your not real!”

“We’re back to that again?”

“Well I don’t believe that gods real so you can’t be real.”

“Wonderful logic,” Lucifer said rolling his eyes.

“I mean I’m drunk shouldn’t I make a deal with the figment of my Imagination?”

“So you’ll sign?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Tell me what you think. Comment please!