Heroes...And The Rest Of Us.

I'm having fun, don't put me down

I feel Adam come up behind me in his bedroom, he breathes down my neck for a second.

"You seem to be wearing clothes" He says to me.

His band played a pretty big show tonight, so it's about three a.m now. We just got home a little while ago, and were all wired for sound, but I decided to try and get some sleep anyway. I stripped down to my underwear and one of Adam's tee shirts and was about to crawl into bed when Adam came in.

"Did you want to help me out with that problem?" I ask, turning to face him. I feeling very in the mood right now.

"Absolutely" He pulls the shirt over my head and slides my panties down, I kick them away and pull his black vest off.

"Hang on" I say. I turn to his dresser and light a couple candles that sit on top of it. Adam comes up and wraps his arms around me from behind, one hand on my breast and the other teasing me a little farther down. I lean my head back against his shoulder and whine a little. I can feel him smiling against my shoulder. He moves his hand around to the back of me, feeling my ass. I reach up and knock his hat off of his head before he reaches between my legs from behind, feeling my thighs, he grins.

"Is that for me?" He asks very seductively.

"God, yes"

He spins me around and pushes me down on the bed gently. I watch him undress before he lies down on top of me.

"I don't think your ready yet" He teases. If only he knew.

He assaults me everywhere with his tongue before he decides that I'm ready.

"Holy fuck" I say when he finishes. He's laying on his stomach next to me, breathing hard.

"Fuck" He breathes. I laugh and we cover up and fall asleep. We don't wake up until early the next morning, when I hear a phone ringing. I roll over and look at Adam. He flicks both eyes open, looks at me, then glances at the nightstand where the phones are.

"It's yours" He says. I pull the blankets over my boobs and lay across him to answer the phone. He rubs my back with both of his hands.

"Hello?" I say into the phone.

"Hey babe, it's mom" Billie.

"Hey"

"What are you doing?"

"Trying to wake up"

"Oh, I'm sorry! Did I wake you up?"

"No, your fine. Adam says 'hi'." Adam pokes me in the shoulder.

"Tell him I'm sorry" Billie says.

"Your forgiven" I glance at Adam's watch on the nightstand. Eight thirty.

"What did you need?" I ask her.

"Well, your father and I were talking last night, and we decided that we want some professional family portraits taken"

"OK, like how much family are we talking about here?"

"Just me and Dad, you and Mike, and Liv and Royston and Braydon"

"No Kya?" I ask.

"We have lots of pictures of Kya, and we thought that she was a little young for what we had in mind"

"Which is what?"

"Not your usual family portraits. You should ask Adam to be in them"

"I highly doubt that he would be interested" I look over my shoulder at him, he's looking very focused on rubbing my back.

"Well ask him"

"I will later, we just got up"

"Hang up the phone" I hear Adam say from under me.

"What?"

"Get off the phone" He's looking very awake all of a sudden. I look down at him in bed. I see that other parts of him are very awake too.

"Oh" I say.

"Whats going on?" Billie asks.

"I'm going to have to call you back"

"What about the pictures?"

"Set it up and let me know when to show up" And I hang up. I sit up on my knees.

"Finally" Adam says, sitting up.

When were done, he gets out of bed, and I watch him get dressed. He grabs an acoustic guitar and a piece of paper from his dresser and sits on the edge of the bed.

"I wrote this for you" He says and starts playing.

"I always knew that you'd
Come back to get me,
And you always knew that
It wouldn't be easy
To go back to the start
To see where it all began,
Or end up at the bottom
To watch how it all ends.
You tried to lie and say
I was everything.
I remember when I said
I'm nothing without you.

Somehow I found
A way to get lost in you;
Let me inside
Let me get close to you.
Change your mind,
I'll get lost if you want me to.
Somehow I found
A way to get lost in you.

You always thought that
I left myself open.
But you didn't know
I was already broken.
I told myself that
It wouldn't be so bad;
Pulling away, you took
Everything I had.

You tried to lie and say
I was everything.
I remember when I said
I'm nothing without you.

Somehow I found
A way to get lost in you;
Let me inside
Let me get close to you.
Change your mind,
I'll get lost if you want me to.
Somehow I found
A way to get lost in you, in you.

The pain of it all,
The rise and the fall,
I see it all in you.
Now everyday
I find myself saying
I want to get lost in you.
I'm nothing without you...

Somehow I found
A way to get lost in you;
Let me inside
Let me get close to you.
Change your mind,
I'll get lost if you want me to.
Somehow I found
A way to get lost in you.

A way to get lost in you..."

"I love it babe" I say when he's done.

"Do you remember?" He asks.

"Of course, it wasn't that long ago"

"Hard to believe, it feels like years" We sit in silence for a minute.

"You should kiss me now, before someone knocks on the door or the phone rings again" I say and he complys.

"How do you feel about family portraits?" I ask.

"It depends, who's family?"

"Mine"

"Good, I was really hoping that you weren't talking about mine" I laugh.

"Billie wants you to be in our family portraits"

"That feels like a big step, babe" I wrinkle my nose.

"I guess, but not really though"

"I would love to be in them, if you want me to"

"Would you?"

"I would love to" I smile.

"I knew there was a reason I was keeping you around" I tease.

"The amazing sex?"

"You wish"

*************************************************************

A week later, I'm walking across the parking lot of the photography studio with Adam and Mike. Mike runs ahead and slides sideways on the icy asphalt, Adam does the same.

"If you two fall and break your asses, Billie will have your necks!" I say.

"You wouldn't scrape our handsome asses off the ground if we fell?" Mike asks.

"Nope"

"Liar" Adam says. He's right and we all know it. I would be the first one to scrape them off the pavement.

"Yeah, come on Ross, live a little!" Mike says. I roll my eyes at the use of my last name.

"You can't possibly expect me to slide on the ice in these shoes" I say. They both roll their eyes. Adam holds the door to the studio open of Mike and I. When we step into the lobby area. I see Billie, Liv, my Dad, Royston and Braydon, talking to the photographer.

"Hey guys! You can hang your coats over there" Liv says, pointing to a closet on the other side of the room.

We take our coats off and I look at myself in a floor length mirror. We look like the three fucking musketeers. Were all dressed in black pants and black button down shirts. My shirt and pants are more fitted than the guys'. Mike's shirt is tucked in and he has a black tie on. The sleeves on hes shirt are rolled up to his elbows. Adam's shirt is looser and not tucked in, he also wore the the black fedora.

I hug all of my family members.

"So, how are we doing this?" I ask.

"Well, were going to take a couple poses of all of us together, a couple of Liv and Roy, solos of Mike and Braydon and some of you, Mike and Adam together, and some of you and Adam alone"

"Wow"

"We have the studio for the whole day"

"Obviously"

"So, are we doing this?" My dad says. I can't help but notice that he's wearing leather pants. I look at Adam and grimace. My dad has never been into dressing in "normal" clothes, he's worn "rocker" duds and had long hair for as long as I can remember, not much has changed, it would be weird for him to start dressing his age now.

My mom explains to us all how she wants us to pose. Mike and I sitting on the ground with our backs against each other, Adam standing over us. Liv and Royston stand to one side, Braydon on the other and Mom and Dad in the middle. Everything is black, the background, our clothes, everything, but it feels cool, kind of modern. The photographer takes the shot and we move a little. I grab Mike's tie and pull it towards me over his shoulder and lean my head against his shoulder. Adam crouches next to us.

We watch everyone get their solo's taken, Mike brought one of his bass' to pose with. In one shot, he holds it in front of him, in another he pretends to smash it. Adam and I join him for our group shots. Mike and I put our hands around each others throats, facing each other, Adam stands in the middle and grabs us both by the back of our heads, pulling back gently, like he's trying to pry us off of each other.

"I love that one" Billie says, when the photographer shows us the picture.

The next shot of us, Mike puts his arm around me and Adam stands in the back, smoking a cigarette and "smashing" Mike's guitar.

The photographer is getting all excited, talking a mile a minute, using words that I've never heard before. Adam and I both start cracking up and he takes a picture of us laughing.

"Oh great, what could be better than a picture with my mouth wide open?" I say. I'm actually quite surprised at how good the picture is when I see it.

My solo shots with Adam are my favorite. In one we stand facing each other, holding each other like were dancing or something, we turn our heads to the camera, no smiles. In another Adam faces the camera while I lean back in his arms, the photographer wants Adam to be smoking in the picture, so he lights a cigarette and we take the shot over again.

"OK, one last together shot!" Billie says.

We all stand together and hold our right hands in front of us, flipping off the camera. Some of us are smiling, I'm kissing Adam's cheek.

"That was awesome! Yay, I'm so happy!" Billie says.

"As long as your happy" Liv says.

"How long until we can get prints?" I ask.

"Four to six weeks"

We all leave and go to dinner together. At the restaurant, Billie, Liv and I excuse ourselves to go to the bathroom, and when we come back out, all of the guys are smiling.

"Whats so funny?" Liv asks.

"Nothing" Dad replies. Adam puts his arm around the top of my chair, he seems totally comfortable talking and hanging our with my family. It makes me upset that he doesn't get along with his parents, I think he trys, but he can't get over how they treated him when he needed help.

Mike, Adam and I go back to our place after dinner. We settle on the couch and watch Indecent Proposal, it's about midnight when the movie gets over with.

"I love Demi Moore" I say.

"I'd bang her and her twin sister" Mike says.

"She doesn't have a twin sister"

"Yes she does, an evil one"

"In your dreams, pervert" Adam tells him. I leave them in the living room talking while I get a glass of water. When I come back in, their playing Guitar Hero, Adam is kicking Mike's ass.

"Oh boy, your in for it now" I say to Adam.

"He said that he beats you every time you play"

"He does, I suck at it. I don't have hood hand-eye coordination"

"Really? It was pretty good last night"

"And I'm a pervert?" Mike says.

"Your both perverts, get over it" I say, sitting on the couch, lighting a cigarette.

"I wish you two wouldn't smoke" Mike says. Adam glances at me and then at Mike.

"I can understand why you don't want her to smoke, but why me?" He asks Mike.

"Because, she loves you and if lung cancer knocked you off, it would kill her" He pauses, still clicking the buttons on the fake guitar. "And, your in the family portraits, that's kind of a big deal, Royston didn't get in that quickly"

"Well, someday I'll try to quit smoking, but not right now. I can't do drugs, I quit drinking, smoking is better than what I was doing"

"I tried to quit drinking once" Mike says. Adam smirks.

"How'd that go?"

"It didn't" We all laugh at him.

"So how long have you been done drinking?" Mike asks.

"About three weeks now"

"How's that going?" Adam shrugs, eyes forward on the TV screen.

"Fine, booze never really affected me so it wasn't that big a deal, I just have a really high tolerance so I didn't want to start drinking large amounts to feel something" He says.

"I think that you both have pretty good reasons to want to get blasted every night" Mike says.

"Not that good, you know me, I haven't been drunk since my mom sent me to rehab when I was eighteen" I say.

"That was fucking bullshit, I remember that" Mike says.

"That was when you started calling me Ross"

"Yeah, it sounded better to tell my buddies in high school that I was going to visit my buddy Ross in rehab, rather than my friend Sophie"

"High school was such a pain in the ass" Adam says.

"Yeah, no shit"

"Well, try spending a month in rehab in the middle of it all, telling people that you're an alcoholic so that they let you go home in a month rather than three" I say. They both laugh.

"It's not funny, I still blame Braydon for that, if he hadn't left me in her yard I wouldn't have had to go"

"If he had stayed, she probably would have sent him away too" Mike says, "Boo-yah, have that douchie!" He says to Adam. I assume that made some great move in the game.

"Whatever, I've got to get going anyway" Adam says, removing the guitar from around his neck.

"You aren't spending the night?" I ask him.

"No, I've got shit to do in the morning with Brad and Neil"

"Oh, OK" I walk him to his car and give him a kiss goodbye. When I go back inside, Mike is talking on the phone, I give him a strange look and mouth the words "Who is it?". He covers the mouthpiece on the phone with his hand.

"Blower" He says quietly. I nod and give him a kiss goodnight.

"I'll see you in the morning"
♠ ♠ ♠
this chapter and the next are just going to be filler chapters. so enjoy! after that it will get interesting again.