Heroes...And The Rest Of Us.

Chapter 15

"Sophie Faith Ross"

"Adam, what the fuck? You're talking like a crazy person. Why did you lie about being with Neil and Brad yesterday?" I ask. I'm totally confused, he's just thrown me a major curveball.

"I had to see my parents."

"Why would you lie to me about that?"

"I never knew your middle name, I had to ask your dad." He says with a smile.

"My dad? Adam, what are you talking about? Why did you lie about going to see your parents? When were you talking to my dad?"

"I had to ask your dad something."

"What?!" He's talking in circles, and if I didn't know better, I would have thought that he was drunk. I check and see that his eye's are totally clear.

"I had to get something that belonged to me." He says.

"From your parents?"

"Yeah."

"What? Why did you lie?"

"I didn't want you to know."

"Why?"

"Surprise."

"Adam, what did you have to get from your parents that you didn't want me to know about? Was it money?" I ask.

"No, I'm fine for money. I don't need their money."

"Then what?"

"This." He reaches into his jacket pocket and drops to his knees.

"Babe, what are you doing?" He shows me a small velvet jewelry box.

"What is that?" I ask.

"Sophie Faith Ross, you are my inspiration, I love you more than anything. You are my world, now and always. Will you marry me?" He opens the box and reveals a vintage diamond ring. I'm speachless. I start crying almost immediatly. I drop to my knees in front of him and put my hands on his face.

"Babe, are you sure?" I ask him.

"Yes, I want you with me forever. My ring on your finger, forever babe."

"Oh my God, Adam."

"What do you say? Ya wanna get hitched?" He says with a smirk.

"Where are we gonna live? We've never even talked about this."

"As long as we're together it doesnt matter. Please don't tell me take this ring and get lost after what it took to get it back."

"Why did you have a ring?"

"It was my Grandmas. She was married four times, she had four grandkids. That was our inheritance. She died when I was still on drugs and my parents didn't want to give me my ring, they were afraid that I would pawn it or something."

"It's beautiful." It's a round brilliant cut diamond set on a yellow gold band. Very simple, but very beautiful.

"Can I take that as a yes?" He asks.

"Yes, I'll marry you." He smiles his rare full-on smile and slides the ring on my finger. I cry and hug him.

"I love you so much."

"I love you too, babe."

"Really?"

"You have no idea."

"Was it really hard to get the ring back?"

"Yeah, I guess. I had to explain to my parents how I fell in love with a girl in eight months, of course that came with it's share of accusations. I told them that the ring belonged to me legally, so they didn't have much choice but to give it to me. But they were hesitant to say the least."

"I love it."

"I arranged for the place at the mall to take care of our wedding bands, that's where I went tonight when we were shopping." We both stand up and kiss again.

"What did you have to ask my Dad?" Remembering what he said earlier.

"I had to ask his permission to marry you."

"Oh my God. That is the sweetest thing ever. I can't believe he knew."

"Mike knew, and Brayden and Royston."

"You asked at the restaraunt the other night."

"Mmmhhmm."

"I love you!." I say, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Say it again" He whispers. "I didn't hear you."
****************************************************************************************************************

This is fucking stupid. It's two days before Adam and I are leaving to be on tour for a month and a half, and his mother decided to tell us yesterday that she's having an engagement party for us, tonight. The party is going to be at their mansion, and I don't expect anyone I know or care about to be at this party, except maybe my mom. Adam comes into my bedroom holding two blazers.

"Which one?" He asks.

"The left one." He puts it on and plunks down on my bed.

"It's not like we can't show up for our own party." He says. He sounds like he's trying to convince himself.

"I know, it's just the timing of it. If she wanted to have a party after we got back it wouldn't be a big deal."

"I doubt if any of our friends are even there. This is for her, and her friends. This has nothing to do with them being happy for me." I slip the dress I chose for the party over my head. It's a black, turtle neck sweater dress that hits at my lower thigh. Adam glances at me in the dress.

"We havent even left yet, and I can't wait to get you home." He tells me. I smile and go to the bathroom to mess with my hair. I put my ring on and my necklace that has three charms on it, a number '3', the letter 'D' and the letter 'G', for Adams band. The chain is long, it hangs down between my breasts.

"Ready to go?" I ask him when I walk back into my bedroom. He's laying on my bed staring at the ceiling.

"I guess."

We say goodbye to Mike and go out into the cool January air to Adam's SUV. When we get to the mansion, I see lots of cars in the large driveway.

"Oh fucking boy, I'm so excited." Adam says with fake enthusiasum. I laugh at him. When we walk into the party he seems perplexed.

"What's your dads first name?" I ask.

"Jackson, why?"

"I didn't know, I know your mom's name, but not your fathers. That could prove to be awkward dinner conversation."

"He's Jacks to his fanclub."

"Are you in the fanclub?"

"Not usually, depends on the day. There arent alot of people in that particular club." I nod. We are escorted by a butler to the big room where the majority of the people are. I see his parents talking to some people, and I see my mother and step father. We go over to his parents first.

"Ah, the future bride and groom finally arrive to their own party." His mother says. She doesnt say it in a snotty way, but we get her point anyway. Adam leans in and gives his mother a kiss on the cheek and shakes his fathers hand.

"Thanks for the party mother." He says, I smile at both of them.

"Darling, I made sure to invite your parents. I didn't want them to miss this." She says to me.

"That's great." I say, giving my mother a little wave from across the room. We stand for a while until Adams mother takes us around the room to meet everybody.

"I can't believe you're getting married. I thought that I would be giving Ashley away before you!" My mother says to me. Adam's mother laughs.

"My father will be giving me away at my wedding." I say tensely.

"Of course dear. It was just an expression of how surprised I am."

"Oh thanks mom." Adam pulls my arm, leading me away from our mothers.

"Come meet my sister, Caitlin." He says. He introduces us and she makes me show her my ring. I send Adam to get me a drink while I talk to his sister for a moment. When he's gone I notice a guy standing alone in the corner of the room. He looks like Adam a little, taller, and maybe a little slimmer, with darker skin.

"Excuse me." I say to Caitlin. I walk up to him.

"I feel like I've met everyone in this room except for you." I tell him. He smiles and it hit's me who he is.

"Christian, I'm Adam's younger brother." I shake his hand.

"Sophie, I'm Ad-" He cuts me off.

"You're the stunning bride to be." He smiles."My brother is a very lucky man."

"Thank you. Do you live in town?"

"No, I live in Canada."

"Wow, that's far away from home."

"Yup, just how I wanted it." He says it with the same tone of voice that Adam uses when he talks about his parents.

"You don't get along with my future in-laws either?" I ask.

"No I don't. Adam and I got the short end of the parenting stick. Cale and Caitlin were lucky, I guess. The youngest got all the love."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, I have a good life and so does Adam, speak of the devil." He says, I turn and see Adam. He hands me my drink and hugs his brother.

"I just met your lovely bride, Adam."

"She's amazing isn't she?"

"Stunning."

"Stop it, you're embarassing me!" I say. They talk about the upcoming tour for a few minutes and then we all sit and eat. Adam's dad makes an awkward toast to us and our 'future', and after a couple hours, we leave.

"That was a weird evening." I say when we're driving home.

"Yeah, it was."

"Christan was really nice."

"Yeah, it was really good to see him again. It's been forever."

"Is he staying for a while?"

"He's leaving in the morning, but he said that he would be back for the wedding...whenever that is."

"I probably won't even start to think about that until after we get home from the tour."

"You'd be surprised at how much thinking you get to do when you're on the road."

"I'm excited, to see what you do, to be with you out there." I say.

"Touring has always been kind of bizzare for me. Everyone acting like they know you, essentially it's like you're all alone in a room full of people."

"Hmmm."

"But I love being out there, around the fans, playing music, traveling." I nod.

We go back to our respective homes to finish packing. I lay in bed and try to prepare myself for what's to come in the next month and a half, and my wedding in the spring. We havent set a date yet, but we don't want to wait too long after we get home. We plan on using the money Adam get's from the tour to put a down payment on a house. Mike is going to have his friend Tripp, move in to help with the rent. It'll be a crazy adventure of a year, and I can't wait
♠ ♠ ♠
Another short one, but now you know what's going on. The next chapter's will be about them on tour,and soon will be the wedding! Comments are love!
Sophies ring.
http://www.ross-simons.com/products/489383.html