Heroes...And The Rest Of Us.

I always knew that you'd come back to get me.

It's been two days since Adam left. I haven't heard a word from him, the the guys and Jack said that he's been in the studio everyday, so I guess he must be staying in a hotel somewhere. It's about a quarter after one a.m. right now and I'm wide awake in bed. I can hear Jack snoring softly in the cot at the end of my bed. He came to me the morning after Adam left and told me a bunch of things about his parents and his ex. Basically explaining why he freaked so bad about Adam and I.

I quietly get out of bed and put my robe on over my pajamas, then leave the bedroom. I walk downstairs to the dark dining room and turn the light on. When I do, I see Barry sitting at the dining room table with his phone and his cigarettes. I jump a little when I see him, because I wasn't expecting anyone to be down here. He smiles at me and put's out his cigarette.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to interupt you." I say.

"You didn't interupt. I was just texting Heather because I couldn't sleep."

"How is she?" Barry and Heather started going out shortly before we came up here. I met her once and she's a very nice girl, really good for Barry.

"She's good."

"Good." I walk through the swinging kitchen door to get a glass of water. When I come back, I sit in one of the dining room chairs across from him.

"I'm going home in the morning. I'm going to take Jack with me." I say to him. He nods his head without blinking or showing any emotion for what I just said. I'm used to this kind of response from Barry, though.

"I just don't see what the point of me being here is if Adam's not here. And you guys need to be together recording this album." I finish.

"Do you really think that recording this album is more important to Adam than working things out with you?" He asks.

"I don't know, Barry. I just know that this is what needs to happen right now."

"Are you going to let him know that you're leaving?"

"I'll call him." I say and take a sip of water.

"You should do it in person."

"I don't know where he's staying, and that's not the kind of thing I'm going to tell him when he's working."

"He's at the Holiday Inn, right in town." I sigh.

"I don't know, Barry."

"You'll figure it out. You two have been through so much shit, shit that no two people should ever have to go through, and you've made it to the other side. So why should now be any different?" I get up and walk over to where he's sitting and give him a hug.

"Thank you, Barry. You are a great friend." He smiles and gives me a kiss on the cheek.

"Night." I say.

"Night."

The next morning, I get up before Jack and get dressed. I know that today, Adam wasn't really needed in the studio, so he was going to go to Toronto to visit his brother, Christian. I put on tight jeans and a white ribbed undershirt, that's pretty see through, so I wear a pretty bra under it. I crouch next to Jack's bed and stroke his forehead until he wakes up.

"Hey, Kiddo. I'm heading out for a while, so I want you to go to the studio with the others today, OK?" I say to him.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm gonna figure out if we should go home tomorrow, or stay here."

"You're going to see Adam." More of a statement than a question.

"Yes."

"OK. I'll go to the studio."

"Thank you." I stand up and put my purse on my shoulder, and walk out into the hallway. I look at myself in the mirror and decide that I look pretty hot for a woman thats getting ready to grovel at her husbands feet.

I take the bus into Vancouver, and then walk the rest of the way to the hotel. I wonder how Adam has been getting back and forth to the studio, I can't imagine him taking the bus everyday. The lobby of the hotel is empty, which isn't really surprising because it's still pretty early. I walk over to the main desk. Theres a pretty young blonde woman there, she smiles when she sees me.

"Hello there, how may I help you this morning, ma'am?"

"This is really embarassing, but I forgot my room number." I say, hoping that she believes me.

"What is the name?"

"It's under Jive Records, for Gontier, I believe." She types something into her computer.

"Yes, right here. You're in room 121B." She says with a smile.

"Thank you so much."

"Would you like a key to get into the room?" Shit.

"Uh, no. My husband will let me in." I walk away from the desk and get in the elevator, taking it to the second floor.

When I find the room, I take a deep breath before knocking. What if he's not here? What if he left already? What if he slams the door in my face? What if I open the door and theres another woman in there?

"Stop it, Sophie. You're making yourself crazy. Just knock on the door already." I whisper to myself. I take another deep breath and knock on the door. About ten seconds later, he answers, wearing jeans, and black sleeveless t-shirt, with a black trucker hat. Wow, he looks so damn good.

"Hey." He says.

"Hey, Babe. Can I come in?"

"Yeah, of course." He moves to the side so I can come in. I stand in the middle of the room and wait for him to close the door.

"I just wanted you to know, that I'm taking Jack back to Peoria. Tonight probably."

"You're leaving?" His eyebrows raised slightly.

"Yeah. I don't really see the point of being here if you're not at the house, you know?"

He doesn't say anything, he just stares at me looking hot as hell. My knees feel weak just looking at him.

"So, before I leave, I just want to say that I'm sorry for what I said, and for what I did. I should have realized that you wouldn't think that was cool, you know? And I hate to leave like this, not really knowing where we stand, but I think it's best."

"You're not going anywhere, Babe."

"What?" He leans into me and kisses me on the lips roughly. It feels so good to have him touching me again. He presses his knee in between mine and moves his hands over my body in a very demanding way. I pull back from the kiss for a minute.

"What are we doing?"

"You want me bad." He says and pushes me up against a wall hard. I grin.

"Was it that obvious?"

"It was almost painful, Babe." He crouches down and starts to trace the lettering of the tattoo on my lower stomach with his tongue. A move that he knows, kills me every fucking time. I grab handfuls of his hair and pull it tightly, and moan a little.

"What's that?" He taunts, looking up at me.

"Don't fucking stop." He smiles and finishes all the words in the tattoo, then slides his hands up the sides of my shirt.

When we're done, we lay on the bed. Adam is still laying on top of me, his head on my chest with his hand covering the right cup of my bra. I'm sweating everywhere, and I can feel moisture between my thighs from him.

"So, was that angry sex, or makeup sex?" I ask him.

"Well, since they say makeup sex is the best kind, and that was pretty fucking incredible. I'm going to say it was makeup sex." I laugh and rub my hands on his back.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you, too. More than anything."

"I'm sorry for leaving you. I should have just stayed and talked to you about it, like I planned on doing, rather than leaving like a fucking coward. That's the kind of shit I would have done when I was fucked up all the time."

"I understand why you left, but I'm not going to pretend that it didn't hurt me... a lot. I said some really, really horrible things to you, so I don't blame you for walking out."

"You don't have to justify me leaving. I fucked up, Babe."

"I fucked up too, Adam." He pushes himself off of me.

"Come here." He says. I sit up in bed and look at him standing at the end of it. He takes my hand and leads me to the bathroom, where he finishes undressing me. I take the rest of his clothes off, and he turns on the shower.

"Lets just wash all of the bad stuff, all of the old feelings away." He says to me. I nod and we step into the shower together.

We stand under the hot water for a few minutes. He smooths his hands over my hair, pushing it out of my face gently. His hair hangs wet, in his face. The way he's touching is a polar opposite of the way he touched me earlier. His hands feel soothing now, rather than rough and demanding. He wraps his arms around me in a hug and we stand there like that until the water beating down on us starts to cool down.

"Ready?" He asks.

"Yeah." We get out and dry off with the big white towels the hotel provided, and redress.

He packs his suitcase and we walk down to the lobby hand in hand. He gives his room key to the same woman that helped me find his room earlier.

"I'd like to check out please." He says to her.

"Alright. I hope you've enjoyed your stay with us, Mr. Gontier." She says with a smile and winks at me. I knew that she didn't buy my story about forgetting my room number. I blush and smile back at her. Adam pulls me out of the lobby, out to the parking lot, where his rental car is parked. My cell phone rings when we get in. It's Jack. I don't answer.

"Where is he today?" Adam asks.

"At the studio. I told him that I was coming over here, so he was probably just checking in on me. He let me in on some pretty deep shit about himself after you left. He's clinging on to whatever family he can find, and right now that's you and me."

"What did he tell you?"

"Mostly shit about his parents. His mother was kind of like yours, but way more hardcore. And his Dad was an alcoholic that kicked the piss out of him while his mother just watched." Adam raises his eyebrows.

"That's intense."

"Yeah, tell me about it."

"Did he say how they died?"

"They died in a car accident when he was eleven. He lived in four different foster homes from then until he was eighteen."

"And his ex?

"Ugh, she was a fucking peice of work, bitch, hoe bag if you ask me." He laughs.

"OK?"

"She was with a former band member of his before she was with him, and then she was screwing that guy while she was with Jack."

"That explains a lot." I nod.

"How are you? I mean, are you OK? Thats a lot to find out about a person you care about." He asks.

"I'm fine. I'm better now that I have you back."

"I'm not going anywhere ever again, I promise you that. These last couple of days have been hell."

"I can't wait to go home."

"I'm thinking that in a couple more days, we'll go the the record exec's and try to con them into letting us go and finish the record in Chicago."

"Really?"

"Yeah..." He trails off.

"So, we have the house to ourselves until like, five huh?" He says with a devilish smile.

"Yes we do. Why, what were you thinking about doing?" I get another smile and silence as my response. Ugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.... its kind of short. And I don't really like it that much, but it's kind of pretty. I need some inspiration. I will take any suggestions, from anyone! PLEASE! i'm kind of begging here. lol

Comments are loved- Morgan Presley.