Heroes...And The Rest Of Us.

chapter 35

I'm driving home from Chicago at about 4:30 in the afternoon. I've been there most of the day, at the CAMH getting all the paperwork and shit around so Jack can come home tomorrow. I'm almost home when I get a text message from Adam.

"Where R U?" It says. I pull over to the side of the road to reply.

"Almost home"

"U wanna meet at rodi's 4 a drink?" He sends back.

"Y R we drinking at 4 in the afternoon?"

"Just left my parents place. It didnt go well."

"I'm on my way." I slide my phone shut and pull back out onto the road, heading towards Rodi's. Adam was out of the house before I was even out of bed this morning. He had a bunch of band things to do, so I'm wondering how he even ended up at his parents. I pull into Rodi's parking lot, and park next to Adam's tahoe. I haven't been here since the night way back when John kissed me on the steps, and Adam and Tobin walked up and saw us. I shake my head at the memory and get out of my car. Since it's so early there are only 5 other cars in the parking lot. I push open the front doors of the bar and go inside. I see two guys sitting at one end of the bar talking to the bartender, and Adam sitting in a booth across the room.

I walk straight to the bar to order a drink. I can feel Adam's eyes on me as I cross the room, so I look over my shoulder at him and give him a little smirk. He looks damn good, maybe on the edge of tipsy, but still good. He's wearing jeans, and a black t-shirt over a long sleeved white thermal with the sleeves pushed up to his elbows, and a black trucker hat that has some white writing on it.

"What can I get you?" The bartender asks me.

"A vodka and blueberry on the rocks, please." She nods and goes to work making the drink. The two guys at the end of the bar look over at me and hold up their drinks to me. I smile at them and try to ignore them. I really don't need two random dudes hitting on me when my husband is sitting across the room, slightly drunk.

"How ya doin'?" One of them asks me. I make a big show out of grabbing my necklace with my left hand, making sure that they can see my wedding ring.

"I'm fine, how are you guys?" They both notice the ring, smirk and kind of ignore what I said. Fine by me. The bartender comes back over to me with my drink.

"Here you go." She says with a smile.

"Thank you." I turn on my heel and walk to where Adam's sitting. He's leaning his back against the wall, sitting kind of sideways in the booth with his knee bent and his foot up on the seat. He sits up straight when I sit down on the opposite side of the booth from him. If I had seen him before he left this morning, chances are good neither one of us would have left the house today. So, it's probably a good thing he was already gone when I woke up.

There are two empty beer bottles on the table and he has his hand wrapped around one thats half full. He also has a cigarette in between his fingers. His pack of Marlboro Lights and his lighter are also on the table.

"Have you been waiting long?" I ask him.

"I just got here when I texted you." I nod.

"So, what happened?"

"After I got done with all the shit I had to do this morning, my Father calls me and tells me that my brother, Cale, is over there, and I should come over and have lunch with them. So, I go over there and there is this guy already there. Turns out, it's one of their friends who just happens to be the former sheriff of Peoria."

"Oh nice. Was Cale there?"

"Oh yeah, he was there, too. So, we all go in the living room and wait for lunch to be served in the dining room, and my Mother starts going on to this guy about all the fucking shit Cale and I have done in our lives."

"Oh no."

"Oh yes. And, this guys a cop so that nice, too. Cale and I were just sitting there looking at each other, like what the fuck, ya know? And, Cale wouldn't say shit if he had a mouthful, and you know me, I'm not like that at all. I'd like to think that I'm a pretty mellow guy, but if something pisses me off, I get riled." I nod and take a sip of my drink, which is now about half gone.

"So, she's going on about how great Cale is, and how great his whole life has been because he wasn't a drug addict for six fucking years of his life." He takes a long drag off of the cigarette and drains the last of his beer. I reach across the table and put my hand on his wrist, forcing him to release the beer from his grip. He looks me straight in eyes and shakes his head.

"So, what happened next? You didn't take that well, I take it?"

"Oh fuck no. I could only take so much of that shit. I stood up in the middle of the room and bitched them all out. Arms flapping, the whole thing."

"In front of the cop?"

"Yeah. Probably not my proudest moment, but I was fucking pissed, you know? I'm over being treated like shit by them. I've been dealing with this shit since I first went to rehab almost three years ago. They think they can drag my shit out whenever it suits them, who gives a fuck what I think, ya know?"

"What did they say?"

"I didn't give them a chance to say anything. I said what I had to say, and I left."

"Wow." I take another sip of my drink.

"So, what do you think? Was I out of line?" He asks.

"Um, like most situations, I'm sure it could have been handled better. But, I don't think you were completely out of line. I mean, it's like you said, you've been handling this for how long? And, I think you've been doing a pretty good job of keeping it together when you're around them." He nods and signals the bartender to bring him another beer.

"I told them not to fucking call me to come over anymore. If Cale wants to see me, he can come over to my house, or I can go to his."

"That's probably a good thing. You need some time to cool off." This drink is fucking strong and the more of it I drink, the better and better Adam is starting to look to me. The bartender brings us both a fresh drink. Adam lights a cigarette and takes a sip of the new beer.

"So, how was your day?" He asks. I take a sip off of the new drink and all I can think about is crawling across the table and ripping his clothes off.

"You know what I think?" I tell him.

"What's that?"

"I think you need to get your mind off of this thing with your parents. You need to be distracted."

"That's what I'm trying to do."

"How about if I help you get distracted?"

"By telling me about your day, and Jack coming home tomorrow?"

"No, like this." I take my foot out of my shoe and rub it against his inner thigh.

"That'll do it." He says. I smirk and slide my foot into his crotch. He sits up straighter and takes a deep breath sharply, gripping the edge of the table with his hands. I can feel him getting turned on through his pants under my foot. He tilts his head back and closes his eyes until I'm done. When he finally looks at me, his eyes are devilish.

"Is it working?" I ask.

"Yeah."

"We should get going." I say, knowing what awaits us at home. We both get up without another word. Adam throws a fifty dollar bill on the table and we go outside and get in our seperate cars.

When we get home, he parks in the garage and I park out in the driveway. As I walk across the garage to go inside the house, I feel him grab me by the back of my neck and hair, pulling me back to him. He pushes me against the side of the tahoe and kisses me hard and very passionately. He hits the button for the garage door to go down with his lips still on mine.

I wrap my legs around his waist and he carries me into the house. The dogs don't even look up at us when we walk through the living room, still kissing. He carries me into the bedroom and shuts the door, setting me down in the middle of the room. I can feel his mouth hovering over my ear and his warm breat in my hair.

"I love you." He whispers. I put my hands on his chest and push him back so that he's sitting on the edge of the bed, then step back a couple feet. I turn on my ipod and set it in the portable speakers that are sitting on Adam's nightstand. The Buckcherry song, Baby, comes on and it seems pretty appropriate, so I start doing a little striptease for Adam. Taking off my shirt and tossing aside, then taking off my jeans, revealing my leopard print and black lace lingerie. I keep my eyes locked with his, swaying a little to the sexy song thats playing.

I strut over to Adam and stand in between his legs, knocking his hat off his head and running my hands through his hair. He puts his hands on my ass, then runs them upwards over my hips, up my stomach, over my breasts, across my chest and shoulders, then back down my arms, clasping my hands in his. He stands up and kisses me again, holding my face in his hands.

"You do the rest." I whisper to him. He lifts me up and lays me down on the bed, my head sinking deep into the pillows. I watch him take off his shirt and his jeans, leaving only his black boxer briefs. He crawls onto the bed and takes my bra off of me, kissing the now exposed area. He then pulls my thong down my legs, moving in between them.

I sit up and kiss him, then lay back arching my back in his hands while he traces his tongue down my stomach, moving lower and lower with his mouth. I moan a little and then pull him back up to me when I feel his mouth on my inner thigh. I roll him over on his back and lay on top of him. I smirk at him and start kissing down his chest, down his stomach, finally taking him in my mouth. He tenses up and I hear him breathe in sharply like he did at the bar earlier.

The song on my ipod switches from Buckcherry, to a Nickelback song called Fight For All The Wrong Reasons. Another appropriate choice, it's almost like I planned it...

I finally move up and wrap my legs around his waist, feeling him inside of me, I start rocking up and down, thrusting into him. I put my hands against his stomach for balance, looking down at him watching me. He puts his hands on my hips and I lean back and put my hands on his thighs so he can have a full view of me.

I'm almost to my climax when he grabs me, pulls me against him and rolls me onto my back to finish on top of me. I wrap my arms around the back of his shoulders, digging my finger nails into his back. He gently sinks his teeth into the flesh between my neck and my shoulder as we climax together. He pulls out of me and lays on his stomach beside me, with his leg between mine, his arm around my waist and his face on my shoulder. We both breathe hard for almost two minutes afterward, not moving, just laying on each other.

"That worked." He says to me finally.

"What?"

"You wanted to distract me. It worked, I don't remember a goddamn thing." I smile and kiss the top of his head.

"I did my job then."

"Yeah, I guess you did." He rubs his hand across my chest, over my breasts, then he grabs the cream colored sheet and pulls it up over me.

"I'm hungry." I say.

"Aren't you exhausted?"

"Yeah, but I have other stuff to do tonight, so I'm going to need my strength."

"What do you have to do?"

"I have to get some stuff around here done so I don't have to do it tomorrow when we get home, or before we leave. And, I have a hair appointment at eight."

"A hair appointment? What are you doing to your hair?"

"I'm getting the pink lightened and having them cut it a little."

"Where's the appointment?"

"In the mall, where I always go."

"Hows this for a plan. We go out to dinner, I'll take you to your hair thing, then we come back here and pick up where we just left off."

"Or, we could come back here and play checkers and watch movies."

"Oh, bad news. The checker board had an unfortunate accident." He says after thinking silently for a minute.

"Really?" I say, faking shock. "When did this happen?"

"When the prospect of coming back here and picking up where we just left off was put on the table."

"I thought so."

We get up and redress and take Adam's car to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner. Then, we go to the mall to the hair salon for my appointment. Adam sits in one of the salon chairs and reads a Cosmopolitan magazine while the girl doing my hair puts the new color in it. He looks so bored. He's slumped down in the chair, looking at things with his eyes only. After a little while, he gets up and tells me that he's going to the music store. About an hour later, when my hair's done, he still isn't back. So, I walk down to the store and find him playing an acoustic guitar and singing quietly. The store is empty except for employee's, so it's pretty easy for me to hear what he's singing.

"All this talk of getting old, well it's getting me down, my love. Like a cat in a bag, waiting to drown, this time I'm going down." He sings. I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around him. He looks back at me and smiles.

"Hey, you should have called me. You didn't have to walk all the way down here." He says.

"That's alright."

"Your hair looks good."

"Really?" I reach up and self conciously touch my hair. He touches the ends of it and smiles again.

"I like it."

"Are you ready to go home?"

"Yeah, lets go." He puts the guitar he was playing away, and we walk out of the mall hand in hand.

When we get home, we do a bunch of laundry that Jack left, and hang out watching movies on Pay Per View and play checkers on the coffee table in the living room, sitting on our knees on the floor.

"Ha! I won!" I say after the sixth game.

"I let you win." This is probably true. I lost all the other games up to this point.

"Whatever."

"I am the checker king. You just have to face it." He says cockily.

"I think I'm ready to pick up where we left off earlier." I say.

"You're just sick of getting your ass kicked by the checkers king." I don't say anything. I just look at him and bite my lip slightly.

I get up and run towards the bedroom, and I can feel him hot on my heels chasing me. He grabs me and lifts me up from behind, not putting me down until we reach the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its really short, and it's a filler....oh well. I need stuff like this sometimes. Lots of sex in this one...lol. I had fun with that part. I'm trying to take this story back to before it was just three main characters, so if anyone has any suggestions for that, let me know.
Comments are love.