Heroes...And The Rest Of Us.

Chapter 41

"Pose," Daisy tells me flatly. She's standing in my living room all dressed up for the concert, sticking her boobs into my side. Jack is standing in front of us with her cell phone because she wanted him to take our picture to send to Adam.

"Why?" I ask.

"Just do it! Jeez, why are you people questioning me all the time? I know what I'm doing!" She barks.

"You do?" Jack and I ask at the same time.

"Yes I do. Now pose," She puts her arm around my shoulders daintily and I put my arm around her back, doing my best sexy pose.

"Say cheese," Jack says, trying hard not to crack up at us, which is making me crack up.

"I'm going to need you two to be professional right now if you're going to be in my sexy pictures," Daisy says impatiently.

"Yes mother," I say to her, retaining my pose. Jack clicks the picture quickly and gives Daisy her phone back. She sends it to Adam with a text that says, "Wish you were here.". He sends one back that says, "I just jumped out the bus window and am walking home."

I laugh when she tells me what he sends back.

"I wish that he was walking home," I say. Jack comes into the room with my purse and shoes in his hand. He hands them to me, snapping me out of my little trance.

"You guys need to get ready to go. We still have to pick up Jackie," He says.

"Yeah, we're on our way," I say. I drag Daisy by her arm out the door to my car, with Jack following behind us.

"Poor Jack, he has to hang out with all women tonight," I tell Daisy quietly so that he doesn't hear.

"Oh boo hoo. You have to hang out with the boys all the time, you deserve a girls night."

We all get in the car. I'm driving, Jack is riding shotgun, and Daisy is sitting in the middle seat in that back. I drive to Austin and Jackie's apartment and park outside the lobby doors. Daisy calls up to the apartment to let Jackie know that we're here. She comes down a minute later, wearing jeans and a black cami top, with a little pair of black fingerless gloves on her hands. Daisy moves over in the backseat to make room for her.

"Hey guys," she says when she gets in.

"Hey, girlie. How is the peanut?" I ask. She's about a month along now, and still not showing at all.

"Good. We're going in for the first ultrasound on Monday,"

"Thats cool," I say as I pull away from the apartment building and out into traffic.

"Yeah, Austin's excited. I think he's finally gotten used to the fact that we're having a baby, and we're going to be a family." She says.

"Thats good. I was worried about him for a little while there," I say. It's about 5:30. The concert starts at seven, but Shaun told us to get there by at least six so we could hang out backstage before the show.

"Thanks for inviting me, by the way. I don't know much about Seether, but I heard that they're pretty good," Jackie says.

"Yeah, they're awesome. Really good guys, too." We drive to the small arena where the concert is going to be, talking all the way there. Jack hasn't said much. Poor guy.

When we get there, I park in GA and we all walk to one of the side doors where Shaun told us to meet him. We find him looking very casual in jeans and a trucker hat, just inside the door. He hands us all a lanyard to put our backstage passes on around our necks.

"You guys ready to party like its nineteen ninty nine?" He asks us with a little grin, leading us to the dressing room.

"Hell yeah!" Daisy says, "I wanna get drunk!" He laughs.

"Adam made Jack promise to make sure no one steals us when we're drunk tonight," I say.

"Lucky me," Jack mumbles.

We hang out in the dressing room for a little while with the rest of Shaun's band and crew members. Daisy and I make Malibu Bay Breezes and drink them quickly before the tour manager takes us out to stand next to the stage for the show with the rest of the VIP's. Jack is working with Shaun's guitar tech, getting the first guitar that Shaun is going to be playing tonight ready.

The show opens with Fake It, which is one of my favorite songs ever. Daisy and I dance through the whole song. I see Jackie and Jack nodding along to the song. Later on, Shaun sings Broken by himself, and it makes me think of all the times Adam has sang this song with him onstage.

There's so much left to learn, and no one left to fight. I wanna hold you high and steal your pain, away,"

The show closes with FMLYHM, which is a crowd pleaser. Right after the first chorus I look over and see Jackie staring at me with wide eyes. I smile at her, and she comes over to me.

"This song is crazy!" She yells in my ear loud enough so I can hear her. I laugh and nod my head, singing along. Before the guys walk offstage, they throw guitar picks and drumsticks. Shaun speaks into his mic right before he walks off.

"You guys have been amazing tonight. We are Seether, thank you very much for coming out. Get home safely. We'll see you soon. Good night." He comes offstage and walks up and puts an arm around Jackie, and my shoulders. He has a towel around his neck, and a drink and cigarette in his hand.

We all go back to the dressing room and party and drink for about an hour, then Shaun and Troy come up to me and tell me that the venue is kicking us all out, and we need to find a new place to party. I tell them that they can follow us back to my place, but only the band and their personal guests are allowed to come. I do not need a bunch of drunk strangers in my house, especially with Jack and Adam living there. I don't need something left behind that could potentially be bad for either of them.

I gather up Jack, Daisy, and Jackie and we all go back out to my car. Daisy and I are both pretty hammered, so I let Jack drive us home. I sit in the passenger seat and mess with the radio while we drive. Jackie is in the backseat texting. I can't imagine that she's having a lot of fun. She can't drink or really party with us.

"Jackie, did I ever tell you about the time I almost fucked Austin at our freshmen prom?" Daisy asks her enthusiastically.

"Oh yeah, thats a good idea, Daisy. How about you do that?" Jack mumbles under his breath so she can't hear him. Jackie raises her eyebrow at Daisy, giving her a curious look.

"No Daisy, you never told me about that," Jackie says, sounding interested. Daisy and I both giggle, our voices raspy from singing all night.

"It was really funny. Blower took Sophie, and Austin took me. They were both so drunk, they couldn't even stand up straight, let alone get anything else straight, if you know what I mean," Daisy says with a laugh.

"How nice, you were fifteen, drunk, and contemplating having sex." More giggles from Daisy and I.

"Well, our moral code wasn't that high back then. That was before Sophie and I were even friends."

"Hmmm."

"Alright, new conversation," Jack says.

"Yeah, Daisy how about you start since you're so good at this," Jackie says sarcastically.

"OK! Hmmm,"

"This oughta be good," Jack sneers.

"OK, Jack, when was the last time you got laid?" She asks. Jackie and I both burst out laughing. I see Jack giving Daisy the death glare in the rear view mirror with his mouth hanging open.

"I uh... next topic," He says.

"No! Come on, we're all adults here. I'll tell you when the last time I got laid was. It was three days ago," she says.

"Who did you do three days ago?" I ask, turning around in my seat to face her.

"Alex."

"I thought you were done with Alex because he had a kid, or some shit?!"

"Thats not what this conversation is about, Sophie. Now, Jack, go on and tell us," Jackie is in the backseat shaking her head.

"I am not discussing my sex life in a car with three drunk ass women," He says.

"Two drunk ass women," Jackie corrects.

"Excuse me, two drunk ass women. Not happening."

"So not for a while, huh?" Daisy asks him, sympathetically.

"Daisy!"

"Sorry, I'll shut up."

"I doubt it." We pull into the driveway followed by a bunch of other cars. By the time we all get in the house, I realize that there are a shit ton of extra people here. I find Shaun and pull him into a corner of the house to talk to him privately.

"Who the hell are all these people and why are they here, Shaun?!" I have to shout at him to be heard over the loud music thats playing.

"I don't even know most of these people, Soph. We told them all to leave but I guess they followed us here."

"Great," I swallow my drink quickly.

A couple hours later, the party is still raging on. I'm very drunk and I guess thats cool with me. I don't drink like this very damn often, and I think I deserve it. Jackie went home a little while ago. She had to call a cab to take her, because she didn't have her car and we're all obviously to wasted to take her. Shaun and Daisy are dancing drunkly to a Buckcherry song thats now playing on the radio. I walk over to them and break up the dance.

"I think we need to get Jack laid," I say to them. Shaun grins.

"I know. I was thinking the same thing," Daisy says, very seriously.

"'Cause, I don't think he's had sex in a while. I mean, at least not in the time that he's lived with Adam and I,"

"Exactly."

"May I ask what brought on this whole train of thought?" Shaun asks.

"I asked him about it tonight on the drive home. He got all clammed up and wouldn't say, so I'm thinking that he's not getting a lot. I mean, why else would he clam up like that, you know?" Daisy says. He nods.

"I do know. So what is the plan of action to get Jack some action," He says with a laugh like he can't believe he just said that.

"I don't know. Theres got to be some slut at this party that we could flip fifty bucks to that would do the deed, right?" I say, looking around the room for prospects.

"I love you," Shaun says, laughing. I punch him in the arm, causing him to laugh more.

"This is serious! I'm taking this very seriously, like, this is part of my job, you know?"

"I wish Adam was here. He would love this, right now."

"Are you going to help us or not, Shaun?" Daisy asks.

"Yeah, if I find a girl willing to do it, you guys have to pay her," he says.

"Deal." I say.

"Go get him out of his bedroom and bring him out here for a couple minutes. It's hard to sell a girl on fucking a dude when he's hiding behind a bedroom door, doing God knows what."

"OK." Daisy and I troop off and knock on Jack's bedroom door. He answers on the first knock.

"What are you doing in there? Come out here and hang out with us!" Daisy tells him.

"This is not my idea of a fun time. Hanging out with a bunch of drunk freaks," He says, looking down at her.

I look over my shoulder and see Shaun talking to a pretty redhead. She looks over at Jack and smiles. He doesn't notice her because he's too busy talking to Daisy, who's still trying to convince him to come out of his bedroom. Shaun gives me a thumbs up.

"I've gotta pee. I'll be right back," I say, excusing myself. I head into my bedroom and grab some money out of my purse. I hear Shaun come in behind me. I hand him a fifty dollar bill.

"Thank you, dear," He says, walking back out to the living room. I go into the bathroom and send Adam a dirty text message thats filled with misspelled words, but I send it anyway.

When I come back out to the living room, I see the redhead standing in front of Jack's bedroom door. I duck into the kitchen so that when Jack answers her knock on the door, he doesn't see me spying.

A few minutes later, I feel someone grab my arm and start pullling me towards them. I see Jack when I turn around to see who it is. He doesn't look happy with me. He pulls me into the garage and shuts the door behind us.

"OK, I thought I made myself clear in the car, but apparently not. I do not need to get laid right now, and if and when I do, I can find my own girl to do it with. You do not need to worry about, or discuss my sex life," He lectures, staring down at me.

"OK," I say quietly, looking down at my shoes.

"You don't need to discuss it with Daisy, or Shaun, or Adam. I will handle it."

"OK," I say again. He hands me the fifty dollar bill that I gave Shaun earlier.

"Here's your money."

"I'm sorry, Jack." I duck my head into his chest and give him a hug. He sighs and hugs me back, giving me a light kiss on the top of my head.

"Adam texted me and told me to cut you off, by the way."

"What?"

"He said that you drunk texted him and it was disturbing and giving him nightmares."
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, Ok, thats it!

Sophie's concert outfit.