Heroes...And The Rest Of Us.

See you later, back at home.

I hug Adam tightly against me, burying my face into his shoulder. He and Chris are dropping me off at the airport at 12 a.m. after the concert.

"I love you," he says to me.

"I love you, too."

"You know you're the best thing that's ever happened to me, right? And that I'm going to come back to you?"

"I know. It's just too long. I hate being away from you like this," I say. He pulls out of the hug and reaches into his pocket, pulling out a piece of paper that looks half destroyed. It has writing all over it and looks like it's been folded and unfolded 500 times.

"What's that?" I ask him.

"This is a list of all the tour dates on this leg of the tour," he says. I look at the list and see that all of the dates that have already been played are crossed off.

"See this one?" he says, pointing at the last date,"This is the last show on the tour."

"That's only two weeks away," I say, looking up at his face. He nods and smiles.

"I'll be home in two weeks, so get ready."

"Ready for what?" He gives me mischievous smile.

"You don't want to know, babe."

"Oh my God. OK, well I guess I'll see you in two weeks," I say. I hear the call for my plane to board, coming over the loud speaker. He gives me a kiss on the lips and walks with me up to the attendant that's taking the tickets.

"Be safe and text me when you land, OK?" he says.

"OK."

"I love you."

"I love you. See you in two weeks," I say with a smile.

"Alright, tell Jack I said thank you for setting this up."

"I will." I give him another kiss, then turn and walk onto the boarding ramp.

This flight doesn't have a lot of people on it, so this time I'm sitting in a row by myself. Fine by me.

I look around and see that most of the people are sleeping already, or trying to get to sleep. I'm not hardly tired at all, so I just put my ipod earbuds in my ears and try to relax. I ask the flight attendant to get me a glass of champagne in hopes that it will lull me to sleep. I changed out of the clothes that I wore to the concert back at the venue, into a more comfortable traveling outfit of shorts, an oversized hoodie, a military hat, and a pair of flip flops.

I flip the song on my ipod until it turns into Lost In You. I smile and lean my head back against the headrest. The next thing I realize, a flight attendant is waking me up to prepare me to land. Somehow I fell asleep with my ipod still on. I pull my earbuds out and put my ipod back in my purse.

Once the plane lands and I'm off of it, I immediately send Adam a text so that he knows I arrived safely.

Hey babe, I just landed. Going to find my bag and get a taxi home. I love u, sleep well. Call me tomorrow, I already miss ur voice. I text to Adam. He replies a minute later while I'm searching for my bag on the luggage conveyor.

I love u, too. Can't wait to see u in 2 weeks. I smile and put my phone back in my purse.

"Hey, Gontier!" I look up when I hear someone familiar calling my name. I see Mike, and his girlfriend, Shayna, waving at me. I smile and wave at them and walk over.

"What are you guys doing here?" I say to them, after I give them both hugs.

"You didn't think I was going to let my sissy drive all the way back to Peoria in the back of some cab with a shady looking cab driver, did you?" Mike says with a smile.

"Did you have fun? How was it?" Shayna asks me. Mike takes my bag from me and we start to walk out to the parking lot.

"I had a blast. Adz told me that he'd be home in two weeks, so that made me really happy," I say to Shayna.

"That's awesome! Did you take lots of pictures?"

"Of the concert and stuff, yeah,"

"We don't want to see the other pictures you took, Gontier," Mike says, earning a punch in the shoulder from Shayna.

We don't say a lot on the drive home. I'm so tired I can hardly sit up in my seat, and as much as they say that they're fine, I know Mike and Shayna are tired, too. As we pull up in front of my house, I see a lot of cars parked in my driveway. All the outdoor lights are on and I see people standing outside.

"What in the hell?" Shayna says from the backseat.

"What in God's sweet fucking name is going on?" I say, instantly coming awake. Mike pulls into the driveway and parks, as soon as he does I get out of the car and go up to the front door. I hear Mike yelling at the people outside, telling them to go home.

When I go inside, I see people everywhere. There are more people here now than there was when Shaun and the guys from Seether had the after party here, a couple weeks ago. I'm surprised that the neighbors haven't called the cops yet. They already hate Adam and I, they would love to see us get in trouble for breaking the noise ordinance.

I don't see Jack anywhere. His bedroom door is shut, so I go up to it and walk right inside. I see him sitting on the floor across from some girl I don't recognize, Indian style. The dogs are laying on his bed, they get up and run over to me as soon as they see me. I don't give Jack a chance to say anything before I go off.

"What in the fucking hell is going on here?" I snap at him, ignoring the girl completely.

"I didn't throw the party, I swear, Mama. Shaun and Daisy invited a bunch of people over, and they said that they'd all be gone by the time you got back," he says quickly. This doesn't surprise me at all. This is such a Daisy move. She's done this before, except that was when we were teenagers, not when we're adults and I have a recovering drug addict living in my fucking house.

"Where are they?" I ask him.

"I don't know. They were out there when we came in here. I wanted to keep the dogs out of there so they didn't get let out accidentally."

"I swear to God, I'm going to find them and I'm going to kill them with my bare hands," I say, turning on my heel and going back out to the main area of the house. Mike and Shayna are walking around the room, trying to get people to leave.

"Where's Shaun and Daisy?" I say loudly to no one in particular. Someone points at my bedroom door, and I feel all the blood rush to my head. I stomp towards the bedroom and slam the door open.

I see them laying in my bed, under the covers. It's clear to me what has happened here, because neither of them appear to be wearing clothes. They look at me with wide eyes when I come in. They must not of been expecting me.

"I swear to God, if you two are not out of that bed and out in my living room in five minutes, I'm going to come back in here and kill you both," I say sharply, then walk back out to the living room.

When I come back out, the only people still in the living room are Mike and Shayna.

"Please tell me they weren't doing what I think they were doing," Mike says to me. I just shake my head at him.

"Oh my God, in you and Adam's bed?!" Shayna says, horrified.

"You guys can go home now. Thank you for bringing me home," I say as calmly as possible.

"Are you sure?" Mike asks. I nod. He comes over and puts an arm around my shoulder and squeezes me.

"Be good. Don't do anything that will lead back to you," he says. I nod.

They leave and pretty soon, Shaun and Daisy come out to the living room looking embarrassed.

I'm leaning against the kitchen counter staring into the living room. Daisy sits down on the couch and Shaun remains standing next to the fireplace.

"What the hell part of your heads thought that this was a good idea?" I say, calmly but obviously pissed.

"Sophie, I'm so sorry. I didn't think that it was gonna turn into this," Daisy says.

"Save it, Daisy. You've been doing this kind of irresponsible shit since we were teenagers. The only difference now is I have a fucking recovering kid living here. You should know better than this. And you Shaun, should definitely know better!"

"I'm sorry, Sophie. Is Jack OK?" he says to me softly.

"I don't even fucking know, Shaun! I haven't had a fucking minute to talk to him, I've had to deal with this shit. It's fucking five in the morning, this is bullshit!" Neither of them say anything to me, they just look down at their feet.

"You were in my fucking bed. I was gone, and you were fucking in my fucking bed?! What the hell is that?" I yell.

"Sophie, let us just-"

"Just get out of here, both of you. I have to get some fucking sleep. I will deal with you two when I wake up," I say. They both leave in a hurry without saying another word to me.

I collapse on the couch on my back, closing my eyes and placing my hand flat against my forehead.

"Jack!" I yell. He comes out a moment later with the girl that he was with earlier when I went in his room, and the dogs. I look up at them, then lay my head back down.

"I'm sorry sweetheart, but I need you to go home now," I say to the girl. She's pretty, her hair is like, three different colors and she has her lip pierced, but she looks like a Jack type of girl.

She nods and says goodbye to Jack quietly. He walks her to the door and then comes back to see me.

"I was gone for two fucking days. Not even two fucking days, and this house turned into chaos."

"How was L.A.?" he asks.

"Fine. Adam's coming home in two weeks."

"That's cool."

"Who was the girl?"

"Her name is Nikki. I met her last night, she's really nice."

"That's nice," I say, yawning.

"What are you going to do about Shaun and Daisy?"

"I don't know. They were fucking in my bed, Jack," I say. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah. But, what am I supposed to do? They're two of my best friends, if they want to be together I'm happy for them. But really? In my fucking bed? I sleep with my husband in there, you know? How awkward is that?"

"I would change the sheets before I slept in there."

"Thanks, Jack. That was really informative."

We go into the bedroom together and change the sheets on the bed, talking about everything that happened while I was gone. He tells me about the girl that was here, and I tell him about everything that happened in Los Angeles, with Adam.

Afterwards, I change into my pajamas and crawl into bed with the dogs. I'm so tired that I can't even think about what happened with Daisy and Shaun, I just fall asleep immediately.
♠ ♠ ♠
So it's short, but I had to update it. Next chapter Adam will be home and I'll be ending it not to long after that. No worries, there will be a sequel. I already have plans for it. I would put my plans into this part, but I feel like that would be sucking it dry or something.

Title credit goes to Theory Of A Deadman.

Comments are love. - Morgan.