Heroes...And The Rest Of Us.

You pick me up when I fall down, You ring the bell before they count me out.

I'm standing in the airport with Heather, Rhonda, and Janin, waiting for the guys' plane to land in Chicago. I look at my watch. 7:20 p.m. The plane was supposed to land at seven o'clock sharp, but Adam texted me and told me that they had been delayed by a half hour, so I'm expecting them anytime.

I sit down on a bench next to Janin, who's about eight and a half months pregnant with her and Neil's second child. She gives me a smile when I sit down.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her.

"Good. I'm tired. Ready to get my man and get the hell out of this airport, that's for damn sure," she says. I smile.

Billie and I text for the next ten minutes until I hear the landing call for Adam's plane. Janin and I get up from the bench and go to stand with the other girls. Heather reaches out and grabs my hand, squeezing it a little, then releasing it.

I see a bunch of people start to come out of the terminal. Chris and Barry come out first, and I hear Heather squeal and then run as fast as she can towards Barry, jumping into his arms and wrapping her legs around his waist. Rhonda and I laugh, and watch as Barry drops the duffle he was carrying to accomadate her. Chris pauses, then keeps walking towards us.

Brad and Adam come out next. I walk up to Adam calmly and put my hand on the back of his neck, pulling his head down for a kiss. He's carrying a duffle bag on a long strap on his shoulder, and dragging a suitcase on wheel's behind him.

"I missed you," he says to me after I kiss him.

"I know. I missed you, too."

We stand around and wait for the other's to get off the plane, then we all start to head off towards the parking area.

"Are you tired, hungry?" I ask Adam as we walk, side by side, not holding hands or touching in any way. I'm texting Jack, who's over at his new girlfriend's house.

"No, I'm fine. Ready to go home and see the kid's," he says.

"Sounds good to me. Do you want to drive, or do you want me to?"

"You can drive, Babe." I grab the keys out of my purse and get in the drivers seat of the Tahoe. I wait while he puts his luggage in the back, and then gets in the passenger seat.

"So, what's new?" he asks when we get on the road.

"Not a lot. We'll be alone for the rest of the night, because Jack, is over at Nikki's house, spending the night," I say, with a slightly mocking tone.

"Really? So, what's up with this Nikki chick?"

"I don't really know. She's a good girl. She's quiet, like Jack is most of the time. She says things sometimes, and it's like, whoa, are you sure you're not his sister, ya know? It's weird. But, she's over at our place all the time, it's like we now have four kids, instead of three."

"Oh shit. I can't handle any more, Soph. I'll lose my mind." I laugh a little at him.

"No, I'm just shitting you. But, no. He's over at her place a lot, too. They're inseperable. It's kind of cute," I say.

"Young love. So, does this mean I have to have the talk with Jack?"

"I think he probably knows all about that shit, I mean, he is twenty years old. Sixth graders know more about sex these days than I do. I don't think they're doing anything like that, anyways."

"Babe, when you and I were that age, what did we go over to our girlfriends and boyfriends houses to do? We didn't go over to watch movies, that's for sure," he says. I put my thumb nail between my teeth and bite down on it a little.

"Speak for yourself, nasty boy. I was a good little girl who always did what I was told," I say, with a grin.

"Yup, sure you did." I laugh.

"You probably don't want to hear about how Shaun, Daisy, and I tried to get Jack laid, while you were gone," I say.

"How exactly did you plan on doing that?"

"We paid some girl at a Seether after party to, ya know," I say, hitting my hands together, "do the deed." Adam raises his eyebrows.

"How did that go?"

"It didn't. Jack knew exactly what we did and went rip shit on me. He told me that I didn't need to worry about his sex life, and that he had it 'under control'." I say, putting air quotes around 'under control'.

"So, did you listen to him?" he asks.

"About interferring in his sex life? Yeah. I haven't said another word. Except, Liv might have mentioned something to him about it when we were trying out the chocolate lube that she brought over to the house when she came to pick Kya up, one night."

"Uh, what?"

"Yeah, Liv had this chocolate lube and we were trying it out on each other. Jack walked in and Liv mentioned to him that if he rubbed that stuff all over himself, he might attract a woman," I say. I look over at Adam and see him giving me a strangled expression.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing, I don't want to know anymore." I laugh.

"It wasn't that bad."

"I'm sure," he says.

A little while later, we arrive home. I pull into the garage and park, and then we take Adam's luggage into the house. The dogs go bonzo as soon as they see Adam. They jump on him and lick his face.

We lay on the floor in the living room and talk about a bunch of things for a while, then I get up and grab us two bottles of water out of the refrigerator. Adam sits up and takes one of the bottles from me.

"So, we're going to be alone for the whole night, huh?" Adam says as he takes a sip of water.

"Mmhmm," I say, nodding. He screws the top back on the bottle of water, then crawls over to where I'm sitting, and starts nuzzling at my neck.

"Maybe, we should let the dogs have free rein of the basement tonight, and we should have the upstairs?" he suggests.

"That would be good, yeah." He gets up and takes the dogs downstairs, taking their food dishes and beds down with him.

I go into the bedroom and take off the clothes I went to pick him up in, and change into a little white nightie. When he comes back upstairs, he comes straight into the bedroom. I walk around the room and light a couple of candles that we have, then jump up onto the bed.

I sit on my knees a watch as he takes off his hoodie, shirt, and hat. He crawls onto the bed on his knees, and stands in front of me. I take his face in my hands and kiss him.

"I missed you, so much," he says in between my kisses.

"I missed you, too," I say as he reaches up and lifts the nightie off of me, leaving me only in my panties. I lay back on the bed and he lays down on top of me, kissing my neck and collarbone.

I move so that my legs are apart and he's in between them, and kind of rock my body back and forth under him while he kisses me.

"You are so beautiful, Sophie," he says to me, kissing down my bare stomach. I rest my hands on the back of his head, and he slips my panties down my legs gently.

He sits up on his knees in between my legs and watches me while he unbuckles his belt and unsnaps his jeans. I smile up at him and he comes back down on me, kissing me again as he gently pushes into me. I moan a little, quietly as he thrusts, his lips leaving mine then coming back. I feel myself start to sweat as he thrusts a little harder. I lick my lips a little, tasting his sweat in my mouth.

I dig my fingers into the sheets beside me as I reach my climax. A second later, I feel his, then he pulls out and lays on his stomach beside me. He has his arm around my chest and is holding himself close to me, with his lips on my shoulder as we breath hard together.

I roll over onto my side and kiss his lips.

"I love you, babe," I say to him.

"I love you, too. So much." I smile and we pull the blankets up around us. We fall asleep holding each other, and a couple hours later when we wake up, Adam goes downstairs and brings the dogs back up.

We rearrange the blankets on the bed and the dogs jump up and lay down with us while we watch TV. It's about three in the morning, so only infomercials are on. We turn the TV on mute and turn Fleetwood Mac on his ipod, then set in in his alarm clock that has speakers that put the music through the whole room.

Adam is leaning over me kissing my neck while I stroke Simba's head with my fingertips. Mabel gives me a look like she's saying, "Seriously?" I laugh a little at her. Adam stops kissing me for a second, and looks at me.

"What's funny?" he asks.

"I think Mabel's mad at you for not giving her all the attention," I say.

"She's lucky she's even in here getting any attention." I laugh and push him off of me and onto his back.

"Let's sleep. You're probably exhausted." As if on cue, he yawns.

"Yeah, I am." We turn the music off and curl up next to each other, and fall asleep again.

When I wake up next, it's morning and Adam and Simba, are no longer in bed with Mabel and I.

"Where are they, Mabel?" I say to her, stroking the top of her head. She just looks at me with her eyes only.

"We are so lucky, girl. To have our boy back, aren't we? We sure did miss him while he was gone, didn't we?" I say to her. She lifts her head and starts panting on my leg. I roll my eyes and get out of bed, going into the walk in closet and put on one of Adam's t-shirts and a pair of cut off shorts.
Before I walk out of closet, I put on a pair of my large sunglasses, then walk out to the kitchen. I see Adam, Jack, Nikki, and Simba all out on the deck. They don't notice me as I pour myself a cup of coffee. I put on a pair of flip flops and walk out to see what they're doing.

Jack and Nikki are sitting in one of the chairs at the table. Nikki is sitting on his lap and he has his arms around her body, dangling a cigarette between his fingers, in her lap. Adam is leaning against the railing. I give Adam a kiss and sit down in one of the lounge chairs.

"Be careful, you're going to burn her with your cigarette," I say to Jack. He looks down at the cigarette and doesn't move his hand.

"She wants me to burn her, don't you, baby?" he says to her, with a sarcastic tone in his voice. She giggles and pulls away from him a little. I look at Adam and roll my eyes. He smirks and takes a sip of his own coffee, then lighting his own cigarette. I breathe in the smoke he creates. I've missed since he's been gone.

"Does it feel good to be home, Adz?" Jack asks him. He nods.

"Yes it does." He looks at me and motions for me to follow him into the house. I get up and walk with him into the house, then into the kitchen.

"Jack just told me, that he's going to move in with Nikki," he says to me, whispering so that they don't hear us out the open living room windows.

"What?" I whisper back.

"Yeah, he was like to me, 'I love her, and I think I'm going to move in with her soon.' So I'm like, dude, what the hell? You hardly know this girl for what, five seconds and you're going to move in with her? I didn't say it like that, but I was thinking it, ya know?" I nod.

"What did he say?"

"Nothing, just that he loves her. And, I mean, I can't find anything wrong with her, she seems nice enough. She's not on drugs, she has a job and her own place to live, she's going to school. But, it's just kind of the point of it all, ya know? He just got out of one bad relationship, and rehab for that matter," he says.

"He's not going anywhere today, so lets not worry about it. I'll talk to him about it when she leaves later, and see what he has to say. He hasn't said anything to me this whole time that he's been with her about moving out, so we'll see."

"I mean, is he retarted? Why does he want a girlfriend? And why does he want to live with her? Doesn't he know it ruins everything? Soon he won't be getting laid anymore and she'll be asking him to get her tampons," he whispers back to me. I swat him on the shoulder and he laughs.

"Then, her crazy friends will call in the middle of the night, and ask them to fly out to Las Vegas to witness them get married." I laugh loudly as we walk back out onto the deck.

"I decided," he says to me, "that if we were to ever get our vows renewed, we were going to do it in Vegas. We're going to call Austin and Jackie up in the middle of the night, drunk, of course. And, ask them to witness the whole thing. Then, while we're there, we're going to stay drunk the whole time and force them to stay sober so they can drive us around to Wayne Newton concerts, and casino's." I laugh again.

"Sounds like fun," I say.

"It's going to be a blast. For you and me, anyways. We're going to make it miserable for them," he says.

"When are you guys renewing your vows?" Nikki asks us.

"Not anytime soon, but it's fun plotting your revenge on your friends that have no concept of what time of day or night it is when they've been drinking for twenty four hours straight." She nods.

"Maybe we'll go with them, and we can get married in the Little White Wedding Chapel," Jack says to her. I look at Adam with wide eyes.

"Oh my God."
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think. I'm trying to wrap this one up a little. I'm already thinking of stuff for the sequel, but after this one is over, I'm going to focus on my other story for a while, then start the sequel.

Sophie's Outfit.