Heroes...And The Rest Of Us.

Chapter eight

Adam and I got matching tattoos today. Butterfly's on our wrists, since I already have a tattoo on my right wrist, I had to get mine on my left wrist. The butterfly is black with kind of a tribal thing around it that wraps around my wrist like a bracelet. The tattoo's are supposed to represent Adam and I moving on from our pasts together. Yes, I know, so much for slowing down right?

When Adam drops me off at my house, I feel kind of sick. My stomach doesn't feel right. I ate at my mother and step-fathers house last night and she's always making some kind of bizarre food, so I'm sure she poisoned me with some weird raw meat or something that I wouldn't eat under normal circumstances. I lay on the floor and play with Charlie, while texting Daisy. I haven't talked to her in forever.

'New man, new plans' She writes.

'WTF r u talking about?' I reply

'Dave and I broke up'

'Wow! When?'

'IDK'

'WTH?'

'LOL, I guess a couple weeks ago'

I can't take it anymore, I have to call her. She answers on the first ring, laughing.

"Hello?" She says.

"So who's your new man? Why did you two break up? Why didn't you tell me?!" I ask.

"I think we just kind of drifted apart"

"Ah-hah"

"Don't Ah-hah, me missy. You and your perfect boyfriend and dating life and matching tattoos" My turn to laugh.

"My dating life has been far from perfect, I almost screwed that up good a couple weeks ago" I tell her, launching into the whole story about John and Adam.

"Wow, so John's not seeing anyone, huh?" She says when I'm finished.

"No, oh no. You are not permitted to hook up with John" She laughs.

"I would never, you know me better than that. I don't do ex's"

"You almost did my brother!"

"Almost, key word there"

When I get off the phone with Daisy, I call my mother to see what she fed me last night. My stomach is still killing me.

"What did you poison me with last night?"

"I don't know what you're talking about, dear"

"I feel ill" I say. She starts laughing. I'm not sure why, I see nothing funny about this.

"Whats so funny?" I ask.

"Oh, nothing dear. I'm having a book club meeting and Mary-Jane just made a hilarious joke about Mrs.Baker's rose bush" Oh brother, shoot me please.

"Alright mother, it appears to me that you're busy. I'll let you go"

"Hope you feel better dear" She says and hangs up quickly. I doubt it.

Mike, Austin and Mark walk in the front door, totally taking me by surprise.

"Whats up?" Austin asks me. I stand up slowly and walk to the kitchen, where they are all standing.

"I think my mother is trying to kill me"

"Billie? Right on" He says.

"No, not Billie. My mother. I ate dinner with her and Greg last night and she served some Godawful meal with raw meat or something in it and now I'm sick"

"Your mother eats raw meat?" Mark asks.

"I don't know. I just want whatever it is out of my gut" They all laugh.

"Maybe you should go lay down babe" Mike says.

"I am, as soon as I go throw up" i go into the bathroom and vomit in the toilet. I have a really bad feeling about this, this is not normal food poisoning. I run back out to the kitchen.

"Do you know what I just realized?" I ask the three guys.

"Whats that?" Austin asks.

"I'm late" Their all silent.

"Well, it's not mine" Austin says.

"Fuck you! I'm freaking out right now!" I scream.

"Wait a minute, are you sure you're late?" Mike asks me.

"Yes. I'm like a clock in that area"

"Holy shit, Sophie" Mike says.

"We have to go to the store" I say.

"Let's go" Mark says, grabbing his keys. We all walk outside and get in Mark's car. We drive in silence the whole way to the local pharmacy that's open twenty-four hours a day. I know Mike is probably a mess, so I elect to take Austin into the store with me. He holds my hand while we search the aisles. We stand in front of a bunch of home pregnancy tests, looking at them, very confused.

"So, which one do we get?" He asks.

"This one" I say, grabbing one.

"Alright, let's get out of here" He says, leading me to the front of the store to pay. The cashier looks at us and I can't help but notice her little smirk. Austin must have noticed it too, because he gives her a dirty look. We go out to the car and get in. Mike and I are in the backseat. He holds my hand on the way home.

"You three have to promise me that you won't tell anyone about this, ever" I say.

"We won't" They all say together. We all go in the house. I rush into the bathroom and the stay in the kitchen.

I pull the test out of the box and read the directions: pee on the end and wait fifteen minutes. When I'm done, I set the test on the edge of the sink and go out to the kitchen to wait with the guys.

"How long?" Mark asks me.

"Fifteen minutes"

"Aren't you on the pill? This stuff doesn't just happen" Mike asks. I know that's he's freaking out inside but he's trying to hide it for my sake.

"Yeah, I'm on the pill, but just because you're on the pill doesn't mean you're guaranteed"

"Jesus" Austin says.

"You're telling me. I can't believe this is happening" I say.

"Are you going to call Adam?" Mike asks.

"Not unless I'm sure of something"

"That's probably a good idea"

"Yeah. Has it been fifteen minutes yet?" Mark looks at his watch.

"Yup" He says. I take a deep breath and walk to the bathroom and shut the door. What the hell, screw slow. It's slow that put me in this position, right? I grab the test and look at the result. Oh my God. I lean against the bathroom wall and slide down into a sitting position, still holding the test.

****************************************************************************************************

I wake up the next morning with faint memories of the guys coming in the bathroom and sitting with me for a while. I can't remember, but I think they stayed the night after they hauled me to my bedroom. My stomach still hurts a lot. I threw up two other times last night and I feel like vomiting now. I get up and slowly make my way through the living room. Austin and Mark are asleep on the couch and the chair. Mike must be in his room, sleeping. I go in the bathroom to puke, I see the test laying on the floor where I left it.

When I go back out to the living room, I see all the guys awake and sitting at the kitchen table drinking coffee.

"How are you doin girl?" Mark asks.

"OK, I guess"

"How are you feeling?"

"Like hell" I say, laughing to myself.

"I have to tell Adam" I say after five minutes of silence.

"You should tell him in person" Austin says.

"Yeah, I was already thinking that" Mike is quiet, he hasn't said a lot since last night.

"You OK, Rex?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm just worried about you"

"Don't be, I'll be OK" He nods.

"I'm gonna go get dressed, then head over there"

"OK" They all say.

I go to my bedroom and shut the door. I text Adam.

'R U home?' I send.

'Yeah'

'I'll b over in a little bit'

'OK'

I get dressed in jeans and a black turtle neck sweater. I put on my silver Hinder dog tag necklace and black, high-heel boots. I grab my purse and head back out to the kitchen to see the guys.

"Here I go, wish me luck" I say.

"Good luck, honey. I hope this works out the way you want it to" Austin says, standing up and hugging me.

"Thanks Austin. I just don't know what I want yet, I'll figure it out once I talk to Adam, I think"

I hug all of them and take Mike's car keys from him. I think that it will be easier for me to get in and out of his car. Heights will make me puke and being in a car that sits up on 35 inch tires...well, let's just say, that wouldn't be a pretty thing.

When I get to Adam's place, I walk in without knocking. Both Barry and Tobin are home, of course.

"Where's Adam?" I ask them.

"In his room, writing" Tobin answers.

"Good" I say, under my breath.

"You OK, Darlin?" Barry asks, "You don't look so good"

"I have an upset stomach, I think I'll be OK though, thanks for asking" I say and walk to Adam's room. I see him sitting on his bed with an acoustic guitar and a notebook.

"Hey" I say.

"Hey" He gets up and comes over to me to give me a kiss.

"I have to tell you something, you should sit down" I say.

"OK, babe you don't look so good, are you OK?"

"Let's just sit down" We sit down on the edge of his bed.

"What's up, Babe?" He asks.

"Oh my God, I don't know how to tell you this"

"What? You aren't trying to break up with me after we just got matching tattoos are you?" He says with a smile.

"No, it's just-"

"Good, that would suck-" He starts to say.

"Adam, I'm pregnant" I interrupt. He stares at me blankly.

"What?"

"I'm pregnant. I just found out last night"

"Oh my God" He says.

"I felt sick all day yesterday and when I got home, I realized I was late for my period, so I took one of those at home tests and it was positive"

"Weren't you on the pill?" He asks, shocked.

"Yes, but just because you're on the pill doesn't mean you're always safe"

"Oh my God, Sophie. What are we going to do? I'm not ready for a kid yet, I'm a fucking addict. I can hardly take care of myself" I take a deep breath before I answer.

"I don't know, Adam. I can't justify aborting a child made out of love, even if it's not perfect timing"

"Me either"

"I'm not ready to be a mother yet, though"

"What the fuck are we going to do, Sophie?"
♠ ♠ ♠
DRAMA!! I know what's going to happen and you don't! Jackie!!! hahaha