His Heartbreak, Her Daughter

Trying Again.

“Okay Aly, It’ll all be all right. Just stay calm and breathe.” Edward told me calmly, so sure of my own abilities more than I was.

“I’m still not ready.” I told him.

He looked down at me so lovingly and pushed back my hair, a soft smile on his lips. “I know you are.”

I breathed deep through my nose and let it out my mouth in a sigh, his scent permeating my mind. “Okay, if you really think I can do this. I’ll try again.”

“That’s my girl.” He kissed the top of my head and I turned to Rosalie who was waiting for my decision.

“Okay, I’m ready to start practicing driving again.” I told her with little confidence.

“Excellent!” She smiled, she’d been hoping for this all day. I’m sure Alice had already known my decision outcome because Edward already had decided, and he was a pretty good convincer.

“So which car do you want Aly?” Edward led me to the garage where all the cars sat waiting and looking super expensive. “Carlisle’s Mercedes? Rosalie’s convertible? Emmett’s jeep? Alice’s Porsche? My Volvo?”

“Whichever is the least expensive.” I decided.

“That would be Edward’s.” Emmett said from his dirt bike, grinning. “He picked the old man mobile.”

Edward went at the speed of lightening to slap Emmett and return to my side again.

“Very mature.” Jasper rolled his eyes.

“You guys are so slow.” I said. Fully aware I could now beat any one of them in a race.

“Wait a year.” Emmett flashed his teeth. “Then you’ll be as slow as us.”

“I doubt that very much my friend.” I showed my own fangs. “And you better not show up on my test ride again or else I’ll have to show you the real extent of my new powers.”

Emmett laughed, “One of your new ‘powers’ appears to be a limitless amount of overconfidence, little sister.”

I moved faster than Edward had in my slap to Emmett’s head. Edward ginned and was at my ear, breathing the softest whispers in my ear, “And I thought I was the only one you would show your new powers to.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll get your own private session and we’ll figure me out together.”

“Sounds good. I’ll pen you in for six- fifteen tonight?”

“After dinner? It’s a date.” I kissed his jaw.

“Gah, you two are so mushy. This is why you’re not allowed to come for the ride.” Rosalie said, “Now give me the keys so we can leave before I can’t separate you at all.”

“Please, we’re not as repulsing as you and Emmett can get some days. Specifically around anniversaries.” He gave Rosalie the keys from his pocket and Emmett a look, which caused a realization passing behind Emmett’s eyes.

“Oh-” Emmett began and whatever curse he was going to say caught in his throat, especially when Rosalie looked his way, “I, uhm, need to go out a minute. With Alice. She uhm…” And Emmett mumbled something incoherent as he backed out the door. Jasper snickered as Edward grinned.

Rosalie gave Edward a look, “Thank you very much Edward.”

“I hope that’s sincere,” Edward said.

“I’m guessing an anniversary is coming up?” I asked.

“Rosalie’s human birthday.” Jasper answered.

“Oh, well if birthday shopping stresses out Emmett,” I stood near the door speaking loudly to him. “I hope he’s aware that my human birthday is coming up and I near a new hair curler!”

Edward chuckled as I reappeared back to his side and buried his face in my hair, ignoring Rosalie’s glower.

“I wanted Emmett to remember himself.” Rosalie continued their conversation.

“I just wanted to avoid last year’s ordeal.” Edward shrugged, head resting on my much lower shoulder so our cheeks were touching, my hot one to his cool one. “Nothing stresses Emmett out like trying to please Rosalie.” He hissed quietly in my ear.

“Honestly Edward, you make it sound like I’m hard to deal with.” Rosalie pressed the button to unlock the car doors. “Let’s go Aly, we should start now if you want to make your date with Edward.”

“Okay. See you boys later.” I untangled from Edward and opened the driver’s door.

“Good luck.” Jasper said.

I frowned, “I wish I didn’t feel like I needed any luck.”

“You don’t.” Rosalie said climbing into the passenger seat.

First, we went over all of the car’s buttons, just to make sure I didn’t mistake the gas for window washers. Rosalie was even more confident in my abilities then I was. But once I was on the road again, my confidence grew. I still kept an eye out for roaming Emmett’s though.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully you enjoyed that, I'll be awaiting your love and praise :P

xomelf