Silver Feathers

Earth Part 1!

Earth
Part 1

It feels like only yesterday I found out I was part of this silver feathers clan. I’m just shocked that someone like me would be this important. It’s also weird that I have a sister. Well it’s not weird but it was defiantly not something I was expecting. For those of you who just joined us my name is Grey. The silver feather thing is a clan of people, usually seven who were gifted with extraordinary power. Like my sister for example she has the power of Water, I have the power of Fire. We are the only two members that we know of. That’s why we are on this mission to find the remaining five before the demon king does. See we are around for the reason that there are demons that infest this world and it is our job to get rid of them.
It’s just that we have no idea when the demon king will strike and that’s what scares me the most. Well anyway now that you’re all caught up lets get back to the story. So we’ve been flying for at least an hour or more. We left the safe house as fast as we could. We realized that if that demon could find us then any demon could find us. We flew on just letting our wings taste the night air. I was in deep thought over everything. I was still getting used to this. I mean it’s only been one day so you can see my confusion. “Grey that looks like a good spot” Kaira called over the beat of our wings. She pointed to a clearing in the middle of the forest. We beat our wings in sync and flew to the spot she had pointed out. We landed with a thud. The forest was very vibrant with life and colors. The way the golden rose pink rays of the sun reflected off the trees leaves made the forest almost look a blaze with fire and life.
Every ounce of life was being lived at that very moment in time. Kaira and I listened in silence at the bugs buzzing rapidly, the chorus of birds singing their songs of goodnight and sound of the leaves rustling in the wind. Branches were off all shapes and sizes like the trunks that they were connected too. The bark was rough and you could almost make out the out lines of the trunks. “Looks like a good spot wouldn’t you say?” Kaira asked. I looked at her and nodded. “So, Kaira why us?” I asked out of the blue. ‘Huh?” she asked me as she looked up from collecting branches for fire wood. “What do you mean?” she asked. “Why did this have to happen to us? I mean why were we chosen for this?” I asked anger in my voice but I tried to hold it back due to how my anger affects my fire. “Grey it’s just how it goes. We can’t choose our parents. Plus you should feel honored knowing what we can do, what our parents can do. These gifts make us unique and...” She started to go off on that but I cut her off “It’s a curse, I mean think about it we can never live a normal life, forever we’ll be running in fear, I mean look at what happened to mom and dad. There dead because of these so called ‘Gifts’ what’s so great about things that will keep us in constant danger?” I finished.
Kaira then looked down and finished what she had started. “Grey you need to understand that what we can do is a gift, something that no one will ever take away from us. We were given these gifts because we have an importance; you need to think very hard for what you just said. Now I’m going to finish this while you think about what you just said” Kaira then got back to work. I then went to go look for a place to sleep. I walked along the forest path. I picked out scents and sights that normal people couldn’t see. I guess that when you have powers like ours you get extras like this. It made the forest even cooler then what it had been a moment ago. I walked and thought about how I felt about things. ~Was saving the world really worth it? ~ I asked myself.
I soon found myself back at the campsite. Kaira was still picking up firewood. “You’ve been gone a while” Kaira stated. “I’m sorry Kaira for what I said.” I replied. “Well thank you but don’t let it happen again” she demanded. I nodded my head to finish the conversation. “So what are we eating?” I asked as my stomach gurgled. “Well we have sandwitches.”Kaira said pulling out some home made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches from her pack. My stomach was not complaining. I then went and took one from her hand. “Thank you” I said as I opened it up and took a bite. It tasted so good. I then took another bite and another until I was about to get the hiccups. “Grey slow down your eating to fast” Kaira said as she tossed me a water bottle. I gulped down the water like there was no tomorrow. I then gave a loud burp, and then set down the bottle of water at my feet. After we were done having our fill of food we sat in silence. I then realized we had no fire going. “Kaira where’s the fire?” I asked. “I was hoping you would light it” Kaira said looking in my direction. I then mustered up my flames. It got easier with each time the hard part is keeping it up. It took a while for the flame to come to my palm. Once it did I sent towards the bundle of sticks. They went up in a flash. “There that should do it” I said smiling at myself.
We stared at the flames licking the air. The orange and red painting pictures as the moved. I then turned to Kaira. “Kaira can you give me a demonstration as to what your powers entail?” I asked. She looked at me skeptically but was reluctant enough to do so. Kaira then got up and looked towards the clearing where there was a row of trees lined up. She then did a circular hand motion and then made an X in front of her. Out of the X shot a giant stream of water. Think of a firehidrent when the water comes out of a hose. It was that strong. She knocked the three trees down with just that slight attack. I stared in amazement. “Yes I’m just that good” Kaira said as she walked back over to her spot. Just then we heard a crack, almost like thunder. We looked over to where the trees had fallen and there to our amazement stood a boy. As he walked the trees rose off the ground and connected themselves back to the stumps they had just fallen from. We stared in amazement. He was blonde with green eyes, he was in all brown and he had silver markings on his arms. “Who do you think you are?” He yelled at us. I stood up to defend us, but Kaira pulled me back down. So there this guy was just acting like this was his forest and it made me angry. “Grey calm down” Kaira whispered. I looked down and realized that forming in my palm was a fireball. “Who are you?” Kaira asked.
“The names Onyx” He yelled at us. He was about 10 feet away from us. “Who are you?” he asked. “I’m Grey and this is my sister Kaira” I called trying to sound nice. “That’s good I like knowing the names of my victims, before they die.” Onyx hissed. Just then he raised his hands over his head and the trees started to rise out of the ground as if they could walk. Kaira and I got up and started to run. Roots from the trees wrapped around our legs. I quickly sent a fireball down at them and they died instantly. Kaira was using water to snap the roots off. Onyx kept coming no matter what we did. That’s when I looked to Kaira. “We need to stop running and show him whose boss. Obviously he’s a silver feather and we need him” I called. She nodded her agreement. “Onyx lets go!” I yelled. He looked taken aback at what had just been said. That’s when I chucked a fire ball right at him. He jumped out of the way just in the knick of time. Kaira was fast to for she had a jet of water following him. He ran and jumped around like this was a game. I was getting tired of this. I then sent out fireball after fireball. Rapid recession is all I could think off. Finally Kaira made a hit and slammed him into a tree. He fell to the ground. I quickly ran and stood over him. “If you so much as move a muscle I will kill you” I said viscously. “Grey leave him alone.” Kaira said pleading as she ran over to help him up. “Are you ok?” Kaira asked as she lifted him up by the shoulder. He then did something I was not expecting. He laughed. He laughed hard and loud and clear. “What is so funny?” I hissed yet wondered. “It’s just been so long since I’ve had a good fight, forgive me the both of you. I just wasn’t expecting this” He laughed still. Kaira then dropped him. He fell to the ground in a fit of laughter. “Well we found him” I said and then all of us were laughing.

-End Chapter 4
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm getting more up loaded. Good thing some of these I actually wrote. And saved.