Silver Feathers

Earth Part 3!

Chapter 5
Earth Part 3

I woke my head groggy and my ears ringing. ~How long was I out? ~ I asked myself. I looked around taking in my surroundings. It’s smelled of mold and wet dirt. The walls we’re a soft yet rocky texture. I noticed it was a low ceiling with webs and other things sticking out of it. ~What is this place? ~ I thought. I stood up and hit my head on the ceiling. “OUCH” I screamed in pain. I rubbed my head and looked around again, waiting for my eyes to adjust to the light. I scanned the room. Everywhere I looked I saw broken egg shells and bones of small animals. ~Where I am?~ I asked again. I then realized something, Grey and Onyx were nowhere in sight. “Grey, Onyx” I called. No response. I saw a soft glow of light coming from another opening in the room. I soon learned I was going to have to crawl to get through wherever I was. After about 20 minutes of crawling I came too another room. I sat to catch my breath. I figured out I was underground. I looked at my hands and saw all the dead bugs and dirt that I had crawled over. ~Grey I need you here~ I pleaded too myself silently. I then drew up my knees and laid back against the wall. I laid my head down in my arms and closed my eyes for a few minutes.
That’s when I heard it. It sounded like the sound of scratching. I ignored it until it started too sound like a buzzing. It was increasing in noise level. I then looked up. There in front of my eyes stood a pile of eggs. I silently got up and crawled over to the eggs. The whole pile was shaking and making the sound of scratching. ~What is this?~ I asked myself. As I looked closer I could barely make out a creature inside of the egg. It looked to be about the size of an average puppy. It’s head was rounded and it looked like it had many legs like a centipede. Then out of the corner of my eye I saw a piece of a shell come flying off. I backed away as fast as possible as more of the shells started to chip and break off. ~ONYX~ I called. I knew he wouldn’t be able to hear me but just the thought that he was out looking for me and fighting for me with Grey made me feel so much better. ~What do I do?~ I thought. It soon seemed that the eggs were hatching. I backed up into the end of the room. As far away from the eggs as possible. ~This can’t be happening~ I thought.
The first egg broke open and the little creature emerged. It had big eyes that took up most of its face. The eyes were a golden color. They looked like a big circle pool. It had slits on it’s face for what I assumed was the nostrils. Almost like a snakes. Then it’s mouth. It was shaped into that of a long smile only not with that happy look to it. Seemed innocent enough. “Hey little guy” I called. It started to sniff the air like it was looking for a scent. I guess the eyes were only for locking onto something not really seeing. It kept sniffing the air till it looked in my direction. It stared at me and never looked away. Then it slowly started working its jaw until I realized it was filled with layers of very sharp fangs. ~What’s happening?~ I asked myself. I then realized this was the Earth Demons home. These were the babies and I was going to be the food. Then the eggs started cracking rapidly. Soon the room was being littered with egg shells. I then started crawling back to the tunnel I had crawled through to get to this very room. As I started crawling I looked back and saw they all had lifted their noses into the air. ~Not Good At All~ Were my final thoughts as I turned my head forward and started crawling like crazy.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I editited this chapter to make it longer.