Status: Finished

Thinking Of You

Part Two

I walked the rest of the way home quietly, willing myself not to cry in public. Whenever I thought of Zach, it brought tears to my eyes, knowing he had started a new chapter of his life, one that I was not a part of. I finally reached the apartment my family had been renting for the past year and went inside.
The apartment we live in is a fully furnished pied-à-terre in the 16th Arrondissement of Paris. When we first moved here, I thought the house was enormous, which it was, being as large as my house in the states. But after a while, I grew accustomed to the enormity of the apartment, and started to feel less lonely when I was home alone. That’s one thing that has always bugged me about being home alone, the sense that you are literally home alone, and if you died no one else would be there. For me, its worse in bigger houses because there is so much empty space that isn’t filled even with people in the house.
I made my way up two flights of stairs and opened the door to our apartment. I went inside and made my way directly to my room, which is at the very end of our seemingly endless hallway. It was nearly four-o-clock, which meant Zach would be waking up soon. I would talk to him on Facebook every day when I got home from school, as he got ready for the day.
I dumped my school bag at the foot of my bed and grabbed my computer from my desk. I quickly opened up Safari and logged on to Facebook, in hopes that Zach would be waiting for me. Just moment’s later, Zach’s name showed up on my list of people online for chatting.
Zach: Hey darling
How was your day?
Taylor: Okay I guess
Sleep well?
Zach: Actually no
I had something I’ve been wanting to ask out
Taylor: ???
Zach: You aren’t seeing anyone
Because if you were, that’s fine with me
Taylor: Zach, you’re still my boyfriend
Unless you’re seeing someone
Zach: No I’m not
But I understand if you want to date someone else
Considering I’m halfway around the world
Taylor: It hasn’t even crossed my mind.
Zach: Okay, I was just wondering
I got to get ready for school
But I will talk to you later
I love you
Taylor: I love you too
Zach is off line
And at that moment, I didn’t need my necklace to tell me someone was thinking of me.