Status: Active!... ish :)

Shattered and Timeless

One.

"Alright, San Diego! Thanks for such a kickass show tonight!" Matt yelled through the microphone, as I continued playing a tune on the drums. The cheers and screams of the fans made me smile, as I finished up the tune I was playing. Our show was sold out, and as far out as I could see, I saw fans. Some had signs for each individual member, and some simply had the deathbat on it.

I grabbed the sharpie I kept on the floor under my seat, and grabbed the few pairs of drumsticks I used throughout the show. I scribbled my signature on all of them, and got up. I walked next to Brian and started tossing them out into the crowd. I heard squeals, more cheers, and some fighting. I chuckled and waved to everyone as I turned around and headed off of the stage. I grabbed a bottle of water and chugged it down as the guys made their way off stage.

"That was a great fucking show, man," Zacky said as he flopped on one of the couches placed backstage. Everyone mumbled at once, agreeing with his statement. I yawned a little and stretched out on the couch, relaxing for a few minutes before we head out to meet some fans and head to the hotel room.

"Hey Jimmy," I heard Jason Berry call for me. I leaned up as I watched his eyes wander, finally spotting me. He trotted towards me with an envelope in his hand.

"Some fan gave this to the security guard guarding the south entrance. He said the fan wanted you to read this as soon as possible," he said, shrugging his shoulders at the end. I raised an eyebrow and grabbed the envelope from his hands. On the front, in neat, cursive writing, it had my name written on it and a line underneath of it. I was used to receiving letters backstage like this; all of us were. We occasionally get letters, talking about the concert we just performed, or about how much we have helped someone. It was always nice to read them. It helps me realize part of the reason we love doing this.

I finally flipped it over and ripped the top of, making sure not to rip the letter inside. By this time, I noticed all of the guys were around me, hovering.

"Go away!" I shouted, trying to push them away, but they stayed still. "We wanna know what it says, man!" Brian said, trying to peak inside of the envelope. I looked up at them and just laughed.

I reached inside of the envelope and unfolded the piece of paper.

Jimmy,

Thank you for such an amazing concert tonight. Throughout the whole concert, I felt like you were playing, and it was just you and me. And when you tossed me one of your drumsticks, I could almost feel the passion between us. I know soon enough, you and me will be together forever. I cannot wait until that day, my love.

Image


"Holy shit, that's weird," Matt said, walking away from the couch I was on. I shook my head as I stuffed it back into the envelope and laid it on the couch. As much as I tried, I couldn't help but to think back to the letter. It was the creepiest letter I have ever received, including ones I received in high school.

"Hey guys, ready to head out?" I heard Matt Berry holler from the exit of the stage. I took a deep breath and got off of the couch, looking back at the letter. I shook my head, trying to shake the thoughts away, and I headed towards the exit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so first part! I hope everyone likes it!
I was hoping to post this later last week, but I had finals that were due Sunday, and started Saturday haha.
I will try to update as much as possible, especially with my writing groove coming back. :)