The Unfinished Painting

The Unfinished Painting

The lonely girl sat alone on a stool all alone in a field outside of town.
She would always be alone, carrying an easel, some paint brushes, a few colors, and thats it. She started to paint one of her greatest memories; she would repeat all of her loneliness on that same easel. She started out with a small female fragile face, with a slight stream of tears running down her face, ruining her make up with them. And added a long mane of light blonde hair similar to hers. She positioned her to sit down on a lonely bench at the most glamorous and costly ball ever. She drew on her dress the most beautiful one at the ball, a red silk evening gown, encrusted in several diamonds.

She added a mixed emotion to her face, a sad yet, happy expression, with a very weak smile. It was almost as if the picture came to life, because a tear in the form of raindrop came running down the picture. The artist was broken out of her daze and looked at the now grey sky. She quickly put her things together, before the rain could do anymore harm. She set them in her arms, and began to run off to her car. The young girl fished her keys out her pocket and opened her trunk door; she set her things in it and closed it.
She got in her car and began to drive in a random direction for about ten minutes.

She noticed that as she drove along, it got sunnier so she continued to drive in that direction. The girl got bored and popped a new CD in the player and a small calming, new voice surrounded her. Apparently it was a song called Lighthouse she listened fascinated with the beautiful lyrics: Although one part of a verse caught her attention most: There is girl who haunts that lighthouse. She saved me, I was swimming, so young, and I almost drowned. Under the water, she sang a story, of losing her lover. She calls a warning. The lyrics jumped out at her, it was because of the fact, that one verse she can relate to, sadly; she lost her lover too. She got too caught up in her train of thought; she slammed the brakes to see a small dog crossing. Once it was gone, she continued on, but that song haunted her so much, a grim memory came flooding back.

"Would you like to dance?" Asked the young man in a charming tone while holding his hand out. "Sure." She said while she wiped the tears from her beautiful face. The young girl stood up and followed him to the dance floor. She hung her hands on his shoulders, and his hands went to her hips. They looked into each others eyes, and anyone could tell it was
love. "Im sorry, I didnt get your name. said the boy." "Greta, you?" the girl said simply. "Its James, what a nice name you have Greta." He said with a grin.
"Wow, thats kind of weird, Ive always liked the name James."

"Well your'e in luck then."
"I know this seems pretty sudden, but what would you say if I told I loved you?"
"Well, Id say Id loved you back."
And an immediate sparkle went off in each others eyes.
They both leaned in, and shared the most passionate kiss anyone could ever ask for.
With everyone on the dance floor watching. When they parted everyone gasped, but it wasnt because of the kiss, it was because James had a bullet lodged in his back.


She continued to drive, once again in a random direction.
The memories haunted her, and the tears were threatening to fall to her knees.
It was too blurry to drive, and she couldnt see anymore.
So she stopped right in the middle of the road just to collect herself.
Because she was alone once again on that deserted road.
She couldnt take it anymore, the tears started to fall down in a rapid manner.
She managed to get herself together, and looked in the mirror, looking the same way she looked that night two years ago.
Somehow she ended up back in the field, and it was no longer raining.
She was so caught up in herself; she didnt know she was going in circles.
And just by thinking about him, the sun came out, and thats how you know you
love someone. So once again she got her materials out and began to paint.
As she began to paint his beautiful face she started remembering all the horrible
memories she was trying to wish away.

Everyone stared in horror as the almost lifeless man lies on the ballroom floor.
Greta did everything she could to save him.
But all she got out of it was crimson blood allover
her gown, but she didnt care because it was his blood.
Moments later sirens could be heard, and a majority of
people shouting. Paramedics rolled him onto a gurney
face side down, considering the bullet was in his back.
And for some odd reason, allowed her to ride with him on the way to the hospital.
He was sent to the E.R.
The doctor came in and he said that James had to go into
an immediate surgery, they signed some papers.
Three hours later a doctor came in, and told them
James didnt make it.


Greta desperately tried not cry as she finished up the scene.
She painted James, exactly how he looked that night.
His brown hair, and slender figure, with his hand held out gesturing for one last dance.
She added the details, everyone else dancing, while she was alone being the wallflower.
Later, she drove to his gravesite and set the painting down to lean on his tombstone.
Saying through tears, "I love you James." and walking away.
Once again, she was the wallflower, alone forever.

Just like the her life, Greta's life was like the unfinished painting.

X


Well I hoped you liked it, feedback would be awsome, cause I worked so hard on this one.
It get's pretty complicated at times. So, if don't understand something you can P.M. me, and i'll try to explain it the best way I can.

Lyrics: Lighthouse By The Hush Sound