Status: Active. Next Update: 10/2/09

Here's to What Could Have Been

Prologue
My whole life has been a suck-fest. Well... maybe not all of it. But pretty close to it. Once I turned seven, my father became a raging alcoholic, and my older brother Max had to protect me. I owed him my life. So many nights he took the blame for us coming home from the park late because we lost track of time.

The worst of it all, though, was watching my mother get beaten right in front of my face. I was so terrified Max had to pick me up, and move me away from the awful sight. He was only eleven years old then, although I've always been small.

As soon as Max turned eighteen, he dropped out of high school, and moved to Las Vegas. He supposedly had something planned for himself out there. He left mom, and I in Ohio. I couldn't believe him. But I couldn't blame him. I was fourteen when he left. I was a freshman in high school. Even at school he protected me.

When I was fifteen years old, a sophomore in high school, I got a message from my brother on myspace that had a link to a band myspace. I clicked on it, and music started to play out of the computers speakers. I really liked it. When the band's picture uploaded, I saw Max. My eyes widened, and my heart skipped a beat. I immediately replied to Max's message, and congratulaed him. I was truly proud of my older brother. ...Maybe now he could come home.

I'm seventeen, a senior in high school, and now that he's gone, its just my mom, my father and I. My mom and I get beaten every day, but I have learned to deal with it. No one at school pays attention to me. I quietly go through the day go home, do some homework, help my mother with what needs to be done in the house, wait for my father to get and have a long night. Needless to say, I am a straight A student. I have colleges begging me to attend their school. I haven't decided which I want to go to, but I can guarantee that I will be taking my mother with me.

It's been a year and Max's band, they call themselves Escape The Fate, has only toured on the west coast and through Colorado. I want them to come here so I can see my brother, but Max always says that they don't have the money to tour anywhere near Ohio right now.

Maybe one day our family will be happily ever after... yeah, right.