Status: Active. Next Update: 10/2/09

Here's to What Could Have Been

Green One And Green Two

Once we got to the store, I split the list in half and gave Max the side with all the food. I knew exactly what I needed for cleaning supplies, and there was nothing that was going to stop me from getting exactly what I wrote down. I made sure every food item had quantity and brand name before I let Max go off on his own.

I grabbed a shopping cart for myself and walked down the isles in search of what was on my list.

I was walking down the frozen food isle in search of the last thing on my list. Toaster strudels. When I closed the door to the large freezer and turned I practically walked into one of the people that worked here.

“Oh, I’m so sorry.” I said, looking down as I stepped out of the way.

“It’s fine.” The guy said smiling. Oh boy was he adorable! He had the best smile ever, and the prettiest green eyes. They reminded me of Zacky Vengeance’s eye color. His hair was dark brown and short, his face smooth and clear. A tattoo on the under side of his upper arm peeked out of his sleeve as he stuck out his hand. “I’m Ty.” He said.

I shyly shook his hand. “Sylvie.” I said quietly, my face reddening.

“So, are you from around here?” Ty asked following me over to my cart. “Mostly people who live here come to this store. Everyone else goes to Windmans.”

“I just moved here from Ohio. I’m staying with my brother for now.” I said, biting my lower lip. “I’m finishing out my senior year here, and then going to… well, I’m not quite sure yet.”

“Ahh. I graduated last year. How old are you?”

“Seventeen. I’m turning eighteen in April. Yourself?”

“Nineteen.” He said.

“Cool.”

“Yeah. Listen, I know this may sound weird but do you want me to show you around Vegas?” Ty asked.

“Um, yeah, sure. The thing is, I just got here last night, and I don’t know how to get a hold of you.” I said. “Oh wow, that sounded cheesy. I really would like that though. Next time my brother leaves for a tour , I'll take you up on that offer. I don't know what there is to do for fun around here.” I laughed.

“Well, let me see your paper and pen for a second so I can give you my number, and you can give me a call when you want to see Vegas.” Ty said.

I all but shoved my paper and pen into his hands, and waited as he wrote his number down.

“Thanks.” I said, as he handed the paper back to me. “I’ll call you within the week to let you know my schedule.”

“Awesome. It was nice meeting you Sylvie.”

“Nice meeting you too Ty.” I said as I walked away.

I found Max in the deli section and smiled again. Maybe Vegas wasn’t going to be so bad after all.

“Hey Sylvie. What’s up?” Max asked.

“Nothing. I’m done with my list. How far are you on yours?” I asked. I didn’t dare tell him about Ty yet. He’d find out soon anyway, of that I was sure.

“After I get this sandwich meat and the cheese then we can check out. How much is this going to cost me anyway?” Max asked.

I simply shrugged. “Just think of it this way, I’m paying you back by keeping your apartment clean and food in your stomach. Good food at that.” I said, remembering the times Max ever so nicely attempted to cook at home in Ohio. I shuddered at the thought and Max glared at me. “Aww, don’t be offended Maxi-pad. You’ll always be the best big brother ever.” I giggled.

“Shut up. Lets get out of here. I’m hungry.” Max said looking at his practically overflowing cart.

I felt bad when the total came out to be almost three hundred and forty-five dollars. But Max insisted that I not feel guilty, and definitely not tell Ronnie what the total came out to, but we both knew that I wouldn't be talking to Ronnie anyway. I had about two more cigarettes on the way home. I was going to need more by the end of tomorrow, this I was sure of.

When we got to the apartment building, Max called Ronnie and told him “to get his lazy ass down and help get these fucking groceries.”

I carried in as many as I could and brought them to the door. Apparently, the sarcastic genius named Ronnie locked the door. I couldn’t say I blamed him though. This apartment building was pretty sketchy. But of course it's okay to leave it unlocked while we all sleep.

I kicked the door with my foot, until it suddenly opened. The annoyingly blonde haired guy who’s name, I think, was Bryan opened the door.

“Hey, you guys wanna help? There's a bit more in the car.” I said walking into the apartment and starting to put the perishables in the fridge and freezer.

“Yeah. Come on guys, lets help Green one and two and Ronnie.” Bryan said getting his shoes on.

“Wow, thanks.” I said, surprised that they acted so quickly.

“No problem.” The curly haired guy who, I thought, was Robert said.

When everything was in the kitchen, all the guys were in the living room enjoying a beer while I put the groceries and the cleaning products away.

Once I was finished, I took a beer out of the fridge for myself and sat down in the living room on the floor.

“Woah, whoa! What are you doing?” Max asked.

“Drinking a beer? At least that’s what I thought the can said.” I said.

“Wow. This is weird. I don’t know Sylvie. I don’t think mom would be very pleased with me if I-”

“Max, shut up. No one cares what pleases mom at this moment. I’m enrolling in school for her, so I’m going to have a beer, and I'm going to smoke what I want.. Its an even trade, I think. School sucks.” I said bluntly. I was personally shocked that the words had come out of my mouth. But I was angry right now.

“Girlies got a point. Score one for Green two!” Bryan said putting his hand in the air for me to smack. I did, then opened my beer and took a large sip.

“Max, your sister rocks almost more than you do.” Omar said.

“Hey! That’s so not cool man!” Max exclaimed.

“Of course it is, because I do rock more than you, Max.” I laughed.

“So, Green two, are you single?” Omar asked.

“Sorry, I don’t date my brothers friends.” I said.

The night was pretty much uneventful from there. I made burgers for dinner, and everyone loved it. Omar was getting this creepy sort of crush type of thing on me, and it was weird. I had a small buzz, and we all stayed up watching movies and joking around with each other. Ronnie and I got into a few arguments but everyone sided with me for the most part. I ended up going to bed at around one thirty in the morning and didn’t wake up until eight. That was usually late for me. I was always up early.

Max and Ronnie were still asleep so I decided to give the bathroom a once over with the cleaning products we got yesterday. Once I was done, I walked into my room and got my bathroom bag, my make up, and my clothes, and got in the shower. Once I was done in the shower I decided to put the news on, and see what was happening in Vegas. It was about noon when I was finished so I made some lunch as well, and sat down on the sofa with a salami and cheese sandwich and a beer.

“Are you drinking the last beer?!” Ronnie exclaimed as he slammed the fridge door shut.

“You were sleeping. Too bad.” I said taking the last sip of it, and tossing the can at Ronnie. It hit him square in the forehead. I burst into laughter as anger crossed his face.

“You stupid little cunt! I don’t believe you! Get the fuck out of here now! I don’t care if daddy beats you, go back to where you came from! You don’t just move into someone’s apartment and drink all their beer, and flirt with all their friends! Get the fuck out! I’ll have your daddy come down and get you! In fact, why don’t I just call him to come get you! Maybe next time he hits you, he’ll knock some sense into you! Fucking stupid little bitch!” Ronnie screamed.

My laughter was short lived as tears welled up in my eyes. “Shut the fuck up! You don’t know me! You don’t know the first thing about my life! It’s not my fault your friends like me, and Max is the one who got this apartment so you can suck my clit if you think I’m moving out!” I screamed tears streaking down my face.

Max came running down the hallway, and stepped in between Ronnie and I. He looked pitiful. The look on his face reminded me of when we were younger. When he used to put himself between our father and I. It must be what the yelling reminded him of. His hair was sticking every which way, and his eyes were droopy. He had lines on his face from where the pillow had creased and left indetentations on his fae.

“Fuck you Ronnie! Fuck you!” I screamed as Max pushed me down the hallway, and into my room. He closed the door as soon as I was inside and walked to the living room. I heard he and Ronnie start to argue, and then the slam of an apartment door. I opened my window that faced out the back of the building and looked over about thirty feet into the next apartment building. I got the pack of Camel Nintey-nine cigarettes out of my purse, and my see through purple lighter. I lit up a cigarette and inhaled the nicotine as I leaned out the window and looked down to the ground.

So much for starting to have a good time, eh?