Untouched

2 of 2

The creaking of the back door woke me up and I opened my eyes, seeing that I had slept through most of the night. The sky was dark and it was quiet, the wind shuffling the grass around. I looked up and saw a tall, slender, figure stumbling towards me.

It pulled a chair back and fell into it, slamming the bottle of Jack down on the counter, “’Ello Acacia.”

My head shot up quickly and I choked on my words, “Hi Olleh.”

“What’re yeh doin’ out ‘ere by yerself?”

I sat up and folded my arms over my chest, “Nothin’. Jus’ takin’ a nap.”

He laughed loudly, “Yeh never did like parties. I’m really startin’ teh question why I ever dated yeh.”

Ouch. That one hurt.

“Yeah,” I choked out, “Me too.”

I stood up swiftly and walked past him. I felt him wrap his long fingers around my elbow and I shook my arm harshly, shaking him off. I must have thrown his balance off and I heard the plastic leg to the chair he was sitting in crack as he fell to the ground. Afterwards came a the loud crunch of glass against the concrete.

“Oi! Fuck!” He cried out.

I immediately turned around and kneeled down next to him. I pulled him up and helped him inside. As I made it inside the warm house, I noticed only Tom and Matt were left in the house. Everyone else had ditched. Matt was rolling up the packages of chips and putting chip clips on them while Tom was picking up plastic cups and tossing them into a trash bag.

I caught an accusatory glance from Matt.

“He fell.” I sighed, “’M gonna lay ‘im down.”

He merely shook his head and continued folding up the chips, knowing I was too weak to stay away from Oliver.

I guided him to the bathroom and had him sit down on the toilet.

I got a warm wash cloth and wiped the side of his face off, pulling a shard of glass away from his eye. I then doused it with a bit of alcohol, ignoring his drunken slurs about how bad it hurt and I wiped some Neosporin over the cut, covering it with a band aid.

“Alrigh’,” I sighed, “Are yeh ready fer bed? I think yeh can crash ‘ere tonigh’.”

He nodded and stood, following close behind me. I took him into Matt’s room and helped him in between the covers.

“Acacia?” He asked as I was leaving the room.

“Yeah?”

“Well yeh come lay wiff meh?”

I nodded in the dark and went and lay down next to him. I felt Oli’s head rest against my chest and his breathing steadied softly. I bit my lip to keep my sobs from echoing out, and closed my eyes to keep the tears from coming out of my eyes. I felt Oli’s hand wrap around mine and I pulled away quickly, shocked at his touch.

“Acacia, ‘m sorry.”

“It’s okay.” I whimpered.

“No, it’s not.” He said, getting off of me suddenly becoming rigid, “Yeh need teh leave.”

“Why?” I asked, questioning Oli's sudden change of emotion.

“Cause, this ain’t right.”

I sat up and crawled over him, standing on the side of the bed, “Yeh know what Olleh? You’ve still got meh teh ‘old yeh up. I’ll never let yeh down.”

“I don’t need yeh teh ‘old meh up.”

I ignored his comment and continued, “And even if the world falls down, you and I are meant teh be together. An' yeh fuckin' know that. I don' know why yeh spend so much time tryin' teh convince the both of us otherwise.”

I looked down at him and he didn't say another word.

I quickly left the bedroom and slammed the door shut, making my way to the living room where I sat down on the couch and wrapped myself in my own arms, crying.

“Oi, Acacia.” Tom sighed, sitting down next to me, “Don’ cry.”

I heard Matt quickly come over and sit on my other side, “Fuck Olleh. Just fuck ‘im, alrigh’? ‘E’s an asshole.”

“Yeah, ‘es meh brother an I know that.”

I sat on the couch, sobs heaving against my chest and even though I had both Tom and Matt rested against me, I still felt so untouched. I needed Oli somehow, and if laying with him in bed while he was drunk meant being with him, then that was fine with me.

He’s made me crazy since I first met him, and I just can’t get away from everything.

I feel so untouched.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit cheesy, but I think I liked it. :D What do you think?