Status: UN-ACTIVE for now.

The Contract - Is it worth the Price?

Meeting

‘BK201…BK201…BK201’

That code never left my head…even after I left that musty tavern. It lingered in my head for so long; it was causing me a breakdown. He wasn’t exactly the partner I’d been expecting. I walked along the dusty road in the backdrop of the rising sun.

‘Have you heard about him? 201?’

‘Yeah…on doors.’ I replied feeling bored in my chief’s office.

Chief rolled his eyes, ‘Okay not 201, I meant BK 201…The Black Reaper or Dark Contractor? Heard of him?’

‘Nope.’

‘Well he’s your next target.’


There it was…this so called ‘camp.’ Not exactly something I’d been expecting. It seemed abandoned, like no one inhabited the place. I walked up to the extremely huge wooden gate, brushing my hand over the moss growing on the wood.

“Hey! This is private property! State your business.”

I quickly pulled back, gaining distance from the gate and instinctively reaching my grapple cords. I looked around searching for movement or sound, straining my senses.

“State your messier code quickly! Otherwise we’ll fire!”

“KA350.” I replied instantly. I still had my guard up, having no idea what they’d do.

‘What do want me to do? Kill or steal?’ I asked over-confidently.

‘More like reconnaissance. We have formed a partnership with a company named Syndicate. They seem fishy so we need some info on them… or at least on the people working for them.’

‘So this BK201 seems to be on your list?’ I asked

‘We just got news that he’s here in Shanghai for some business, so I want you to do some digging up,’ The Chief replied, ‘And be careful he’s not like your usual client. If he catches sight of you…I suggest you make a run for it.’


The enormous gates started to move, creaking so loudly that the birds flew away in fright. A guard suddenly appeared before me and signaled his men to lower their arms. I still clutched my grapple cords and walked hesitantly inside.

‘Dude! Run for it! The guy’s insane!’

It took place on a terrace. I had my back against the wall, trying to look through my dark bangs at the scene taking place behind me. From what I could see, the electric billboard just switched off and few of the people were lying unconscious on the ground.

‘Wha…what…do y-you want?’ The person speaking stammered. Then it started to drizzle lightly.

Geez, I’m going to be soaking wet after a few minutes.

I moved silently to the other side of wall to get a closer look at my target. I looked slowly hoping he wouldn’t see me.

‘Your involvement with the Syndicate’s affairs…seems you leaked information on us to the police.’ The man dressed up in black attire spoke, addressing the man. He had a mask on with weird designs and his grapple cords were currently choking his prisoner.

‘No! It wasn’t me…’

Then I saw a flash of electric blue and a few seconds later, he laid there on the ground. Dead. My target vanished into thin air and then, rain poured down heavily…soaking the city of Shanghai.

What did he do? How did he kill him!?

I stumbled out of my hiding place and walked over to the body on the ground. I knelt down and looked closely at the body. As soon I touched him, I felt a shock… more like a sting and that’s when I realized.

He electrocuted him, but how!?

‘I wouldn’t be doing that if I were you.’

Snap! He was behind me. I flipped back and gained distance from him, my grapple cords in my hands. I swung them and it caught hold of an object. I tugged it a little to make sure it wouldn’t give away for my descent below.

If he catches sight of you…I suggest you make a run for it.

‘How much have you heard?’ He asked me. His voice intrigued me…it was so…emotionless.

‘Like I’d answer a question like that.’ I replied back, trying to figure out his next move.

‘You do realize you’re trapped and I could kill you at any second.’ He started to walk towards me. I took a few steps back.

If this guy could manipulate electricity,

I looked around me and everything was…wet

Great…just great.


I was in…and it didn’t look like much of a camp. It looked like an overgrown garden with no maintenance whatsoever. The gates shut immediately and the guards were no where to be seen. I turned back facing the gate…still deciding if this was a good idea.

“So it seems our guest has arrived.”

I whipped around and that’s when I saw him along with a middle-aged man.

“Well, this is your new partner-BK201.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Update! :)

Since it's my first story, I still need to know what's wrong with it so criticism appreciated.
Thanks for reading,
Aly :D