Status: One shot

And yet

And yet

Yeah, I've been to Jupiter
And I've fallen through the air
I used to live out on the moon
But now I'm back here down on earth
Why are you here?
Are you listening?
Can you hear what I am saying?
I am not here, I'm not listening
I'm in my head and I'm spinning

“Fallen” by 30 Seconds to Mars

I’ve been to the outer reaches of the Universe and travelled through time. I found myself under the most beautiful crystal dome, the like of which no human hand could design or create. A roof like a chrysanthemum with panes of glass interlaced, defying gravity. How could it be anything other than real? I’ve touched a layer of reality that most people wouldn’t dare to reach out to and I changed my brain chemistry in order to do so.

I’ve flown through an asteroid belt, dodging lumps of rock threatening to fly into my face and felt the white heat of stars on my skin as I’ve passed by. Worlds spinning around them as helpless as our own, trapped in their orbit and unable to escape the inevitable supernova.

Yes, I know that we, the “monkey tribe” are doomed, clinging to this rock and unable to flee. So isolated from the places I that I reached whilst tripping on DMT, a laboratory version of the drug that the body produces naturally when we die. I know intellectually that we’ve no escape and that we’re just marking time but…

He was there at my side, guarding my body as I travelled out of my skin to those far flung places. I knew he was still there as I flew and I trusted him. I did the same for him, watching him lying there as if he were dreaming, eyes moving rapidly under the delicate film of his eyelids and completely trusting of my continued presence… and yet…

He’ll never know the journey I go through every day when I see his face. It’s painful and beautiful and even though I know intellectually that it’s incomparable to the massive movements and shifts in the Universe every day and the ebb and flow of the tide and the winds on Jupiter. Even though I know that we are as ants to the Great Almighty… Even though I know that we’re doomed, I feel hope because he’s there… He exists.

The journey I take in my head is more momentous, more thrilling and scarier than any drugs trip. No amount of Salvia could make me feel this way. He’s my friend, he’s married and I love him. Nothing I can do or say will ever change any of those facts, and so the overpowering doom is apparent on every level to me and yet…

He lives and breathes and… I have hope…. And during those moments when I think of him, I am truly alive!
♠ ♠ ♠
For me, this story is about reaching inside and finding beauty in something extremely painful. By surrendering to WHAT IS we can really become alive to the moment and thus enlightened. NOW. Are you awake?