Status: in the works

Addicted to Plush Brian Haner JR

Her

I am tierdly entertained. Parties become routine. My life has become routine. Everything is the same. Same drinks. Same music. Same typical bitch at my side. They all say "I'm different". Bullshit at the end of the night I know where you'll end up. Your back. At this point I think all women might have just become an accessory for me. A bag of bones that I can fuck and throw away. I can't complain all that much, its partly my fault they never stop coming to me. Every now and then I nod or react in some convincing way to distract the girl next to me. To amuse her and make her believe she might stand a chance. She knows better though. There's always the glimmer of hope I guess. My arm rested lazily around her shoulders. Maybe I was the accessory for them. An opportunity to say "hey look at me. Look who I am with." Whatever. My eyes drifted listfully around the room. Everything I expected. Friends, acquaintances, drunks, sluts, and everything in between. Even the ever rare couples. Well they are not as rare as I think but they never last. It seems. My eyes blurred into nothing. Focusing on one object for no reason other than boredom. I know the girl next to me doesn't appreciate that much but continues anyway. She doesn't have anything to say to me I haven't heard already, "I'm a big fan. I can do this and that..." Then she came into focus. Her face... Suddenly I was finding myself straightening out instead of being slumped against a wall. My usual blank expression trading itself for a curious one. She had a soft sweet smile on her face. The kind you look for but can't find. You only ever stumble across those.

Girl: What are you staring at?

I had to tear my eyes away. But even as I looked at my "date" I glanced at her from the corner of my eye.

Brian: What?

I asked roughly.

Girl: What are you looking at? I'm over here not there

She poked at my chest. My brows furrowed and I finally actually looked at the girl. She huffed, annoyed, and rolled her eyes.

Girl: You haven't been very attentive Syn.

Brian: No.

Was she just noticing that detail? I shook my head and looked back. She was gone. My shoulders slumped and I went back to leaning against the wall. Taking my time to make sure she wasn't there.

Jacoby: Hey man! You made it!

I smiled at the cheerful voice.

Brian: Me miss a party? Come on Jacoby, you know me better than that.

We both chuckled a bit. His eyes looked at the girl next to me. I suppose I should introduce her.

Brian: Jacoby this is-

Girl: My name is Amber.

They shook hands.

Jacoby: Nice to meet you. So are you two enjoying yourselves.

He knew she would be gone by tomorrow.

Amber: Yeah this is a really fab party.

She said a little to enthusiastically for my taste.

Jacoby: Thanks. Feels good to be home doesn't it?

Brian: Hell yeah man. There's nothing like your bed at home.

I said honestly.

Jacoby: Fuck yeah. I'm heading out again though.

His voice sounding tired and worn from the road. I sympathized with him. He is a happily married man. There was nothing he missed more than his wife when he was on the road.

Brian: Shit dude. You just got home.

Jacoby: I know. The wifes a little upset but she's more than understanding.

He sighed.

Amber: You're married?

We both frowned. He was one of the lucky few who made it. Its not impossible just not easy.

Jacoby: Yes happily. Brian I never introduced you did I?

Brian: don't think so. That's if she even exists.

Jacoby: you bitches are still on that.

Brian: she never showed face.

Jacoby: well tonight you get to meet her and you'll see she does.

He grinned.

Jacoby: I'll be right back.

I nodded and he walked off.

Amber: I didn't know he was married.

I shrugged. My eyes quickly scanned for her face again. I had to see it one more time before the night ended. She had something I could not explain.

Amber: why are you so damn quiet?

Brian: why do you think you're here?

Amber: because I'm your date...

Brian: exactly. My date girly. So shut up for five fucking minutes and sit there and look good like you're supposed to.

Her eyes widened.

Brian: all you bitches are the same.

I mumbled.

Brian: sorry...but you really are better with your mouth shut.

She nodded and clutched my arm. I ignored her fake affection and drank my beer. My eyes locked on her. Her face was weaving through the crowd. The girl clutched on my arm was nothing compared to her. Nothing. Anyone else. My heart skipped a beat as she seemed to be getting closer.

Jacoby: Brian...

I glanced at him. Quick fucker popped out of no where. His grin hadn't left his face. It made me smile. That didn't last long when she walked up. The soft smile on her lips.

Jacoby: Brian this is Jenn. Jenn, Brian.

Her smile widened a bit. I couldn't react fast enough.

Jenn: hello.

She held her free hand out to me. The other in my friends hand. Her eyes locked with mine. I knew then and there. I want her. Fuck that...I needed her. My hand slipped into hers.

Brian: nice to finally put a face to the name.

I stammered out. Idiot.

Jacoby: I told you she is real.

She laughed.

Jenn: its nice to finally meet you.

Jacoby: she's a little mad I never introduced you guys sooner.

Brian: that so?

Jenn: you'd think he could have at least done that for me before he left.

Jacoby: I'm doing it for you now.

He gave her a loving smile and she kissed his cheek.

Brian: Jacoby talked a lot about you.

She smiled shyly.

Jacoby: you're my life. What can I do.

Jenn: awww babe.

I frowned. My insides burned. She pecked his lips.

Jacoby: oh shit...sorry. Jenn this is Amber.

Jenn: nice to meet you.

I'd forgotten her. I didn't care.

Amber: like wise. You are so hot.

Gorgeous doesn't even come close. Jenn smiled and frowned at the same time.

Jenn: thank you...

Jacoby laughed.

Amber: seriously, you are amazing.

Jenn: once again thank you.

She shook her head. The frown remained while she scanned me over.

Jenn: are the rest of the guys here? I'd like to meet them too.

Brian: I'm not sure I came bymyself.

Amber cleared her throat.

Brian: right I mean with Amber.

Jenn nodded.

Jacoby: how are they?

Brian: good you know.

Jenn: just happy to be home I bet.

Brian: yeah.

Jenn: I heard you've been on tour for pretty much two years.

Brian: yeah, we had some short breaks but it was fun.

Jenn: being on the road takes its toll.

I nodded.

Brian: it does. Can't seem to get enough sleep.

Jenn: I bet. If he's not following me around he's passed out on the couch. But I take whatever I can.

She wrapped her arms around him.

Jacoby: we'll have to get together for a barbeque or something so she can meet the other guys.

Brian: yeah man for sure.

Jenn: Jacoby, you shouldn't just invite yourself to peoples houses.

She scolded him.

Brian: its no biggy.

Jacoby: baby we're friends its not like I don't know the man.

Jenn: still, its rude. Don't feel obligated, Brian.

Brian: I don't. Infact I insist. The guys need to see you're real.

I smiled. She reaturned it. This woman is everything I want. She's breath taking. My heart tells me, some how, some way, I'll have her. As wrong as it is. It doesn't matter if she's married to a friend of mine. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She is the center of the universe. My universe. Its hard to leave tonight. It shouldn't be.

Amber: come on. We can go have some more fun.

She pulled me playfully to the car. I looked over my shoulder. They are very happy together. Its obvious. They radiate the love they have for each other. Just in the simple way they hold hands. I grabbed Ambers wrists and shook my head.

Brian: I'm sorry but I can't take you home.

Amber: what?

She snapped.

Brian: I can't sleep with you.

Amber: why not?

Brian: you're not worth the time.

Her jaw fell open.

Amber: what the fuck. All night you fucking ignore me and fucking oggle that Jenn bitch and now you're telling me you won't sleep with me?

I sat and thought for a moment.

Brian: yes. You come a dime a dozen. I'm not missing out on anything. Go home.

My life had just changed.
♠ ♠ ♠
For the one and only....Millionare