Status: Soo my top priority

There Goes My Life

7 Weeks Ago

"Ki? Wake up."Jared said lightly. I opened my eyes and looked around for a second.

"We got here quick."

"Not really, but you were sleeping like a rock. Everyone else is down at the beach."

"Oh.. Well let's go." I said getting out of the car. Jared and I walked hand in hand down the beach to his family.

"I'm so happy you could join us today Kiley!" his mom said happily getting up and hugging me. I smiled a little.

"Aww thanks for inviting me."

"oh silly, you know you're always welcome." she said looking around. "Well have a seat. We've got sandwiches and drinks." I looked at Jared for a brief second. I needed to find time to break away from his family and tell him, but when that'd be, I didn't know. I sat on the blanket next to his parents and he sat across from me. Sandwiches and such werer passed around before we began eating. I ate slow, like always, giving me time to think. Everyone else finished before and headed to the water. I took my last bite and stood up wiping the sand from my butt.

"Kiley, are you okay?" Jared asked walking over to me.

"Uhm.. I guess.. But we gotta have a talk." I mummbled.

"Wanna walk down the beach and talk?"

"Yeah, I don't want your family to over-hear any of it." I whispered. He wrapped his arm around my waist and we walked down the beach a ways where it was practically empty.

"What's on your mind?"

"Jay... Remember back about two months ago?"

"Mhm?"

"Okay, well something went wrong.. BIG time."

"Kiley... What do you mean..?" he asked. I sat down in the hot sand and stared out at the ocean for the longest time. Hesitating on telling him. "Kiley, what's going on? Please tell me." He said sitting beside me.

"I went to the doctors and well... Uh.... I'm kinda...." i let my voice trail off and looked at the sand. i carefully wrote each letter in the sand in front of me P-R-E-G-N-A-N-T.

"You can't be... Kiley theres no way.. We took every precaution..." he layed his head in his knees and sat quietly.

"I know Jay. I know. I didn't think it was possible.. But it is.." I said quietly rubbing his back.

"Babe, i'm so sorry, this is all my fault." he mummbled looking up at me.

"No Jared. It's not your fault."

"What the hell are we gonna do?"

"Exactly what we planned. After graduation we're moving in together, the only difference is you'd still be going to college."

"But Kiley, You're only 17. You're still young. I just turned 18. We're not ready."

"Yes we are. You just don't think we are.... Which is fine... I'm keeping it.. Even if you leave." I said looking away. Jared moved my face so I was looking at him.

"Kiley Anne Jacobs. I'm not leaving you. Not today, not tomorrow, not ever. You should know that by now. I'd rather die then be without you." he said staring directly into my eyes. He leaned in and kissed me lightly. "We're going to get through this."