What If Love's Not Enough?

News

So much happened so fast. I felt so alive as I pressed my lips to hers. Didn’t she feel that too? She pulled away abruptly, which hurt worse.

When she left, I felt this hole in my heart. Anna, Zach and Rose left with her as well. Anna gave me a giant hug and made me promise to visit. And I did. She was my daughter and I loved her to death. She was my baby, my first daughter. Don’t get my wrong, because I love Bethany and even Rose, but Anna was my first daughter, my little baby, and here she was, ten years old. I missed so much of her childhood and I won’t miss her teen years. Plus, though I would always envy Tristan for taking away my Elena, I knew he loved Anna, too. And he loved Elena. I could see it in his eyes. And It hurt me to say this, but I saw the Elena loved him back. Why couldn’t she love me like that? I could give her another child. I would give her whatever she wanted. I would give her everything.

Now, playing with Anna in Elena’s house I felt happy for just a bit. Only my children could cheer me up. Rian and Carter do many times, but I miss Zach and Anna terribly at home. Anna’s wrist is still in a tight cast and she swears she’s never going on the swings again. I doubt she will, though. Anna loves the swings.

“And, Daddy, I made a new friend yesterday!” Anna said, breaking me from my thoughts. I smiled at her.

“What’s her name?” I asked.

“Him! His name is Stephen. His mom is in the royal family, too!” she smiled.

“Oh?” I curiously asked. “And who are his parents?” I asked.

“James and Marie, I think,” she looked up for a second, pondering. “Yeah, them!” she exclaimed. I smiled, too. I guess after all this time I forgave James, somewhat, but I still hope this Stephen boy isn’t like this father in that regard.

The rest of the day, I avoided Elena, spending time with Anna and Zach. It was a good time. Elena was beaming, all day. I spend dinner with them.

“I have some news,” Elena smiled as we all finished our dinners.